Adam Reach

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s off form for certain and it was a stupid penalty to give away. 

I get the impression that monk isn’t his biggest fan. 

He is a decent player but at the moment he’s off it. 

I agree, or Monk doesn't think he fits into the system very well. Or a bit of both. 

There’s a few on here with incredibly short memories. 

I’ll happily stand by what I’ve said. Adam Reach is one of the best footballers at our club. Does that mean he’s exempt from criticism? Absolutely not, he was as fault for the penalty and had a poor game, I don’t dispute that. 

All I ask is to remember what he’s actually capable of. He isn’t a bad player because he’s had a bad game. He’s had a poor season second half to the season I completely agree. Name me a player who hasn’t?

We’re at a cross roads as a football club with a lot of players struggling for whatever reason. The answer isn’t to throw a massive fit every time a player makes a mistake or has a bad game. We’d be selling a player every week. The irony is, the same mob who throw the teddy’s out of the pram are the ones criticising the way we’re currently run and, advocating a change in approach. How do you change your approach when you’re selling a player every other week?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

I agree, or Monk doesn't think he fits into the system very well. Or a bit of both. 

Well, he should be able to play left wing back as he has the engine to get up and down the flank but he hasn’t done himself any favours at all today as he was quiet and gave away a stupid penalty. Down to Adam to get his head down, get some form and get back in the team. 

• Like 1

He has all the ability in the world including the ability not to get in the game. All the other games since lockdown we have attacked more down the left, put Reach in and we don’t.

The goal annoyed me . So heading ain’t his strong point, but the issue was he bottled it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

I think you're misinterpreting excuses with perspective and facts. Unfortunately on this site a player is either Franz Beckenbauer or Ola Tidman, there's no room for nuance or grey areas, God forbid you point out the truth by saying a player provides X and Y but needs to improve. You'll be marched out by the pitch fork brigade.

Some are saying he offers 'nothing', yet he has got the joint top assists this season so far with Bannan despite being out for a chunk of time. So I think we can pop the claim he offers 'nothing' firmly in the bin. 

However it's also true that he was awful for the penalty and has looked out of sorts recently.

Out of sorts for how long and dont you see that assists are all he brings to the table. 7 all season if correct what someone quoted earlier is correct these figures are average and not outstanding so take that away he offers very little else even monk does not seem convinced. like i said in my other post he's not the only one i would also put bannan in this bracket as well, but he is the one who some fans make the most excuses for

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

Out of sorts for how long and dont you see that assists are all he brings to the table. 7 all season if correct what someone quoted earlier is correct these figures are average and not outstanding so take that away he offers very little else even monk does not seem convinced. like i said in my other post he's not the only one i would also put bannan in this bracket as well, but he is the one who some fans make the most excuses for

Who should we get in as a replacement for both?

Just now, 0wl18 said:

Who should we get in as a replacement for both?

You know very well for the rest of the season we cant because we are down to the bare bones. The point im making is some players like these two are defended where as others are thrown under the bus 

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

You know very well for the rest of the season we cant because we are down to the bare bones. The point im making is some players like these two are defended where as others are thrown under the bus 

So what’s the solution then? Bannan and Reach can still be 2 of our best players without being the best in the league. 

I must be on a different site to you because, the way I see it, Bannan and Reach are criticised far more than the feast of the current team. Probably because we all know they’re capable of more than they’re showing. 

7 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

So what’s the solution then? Bannan and Reach can still be 2 of our best players without being the best in the league. 

I must be on a different site to you because, the way I see it, Bannan and Reach are criticised far more than the feast of the current team. Probably because we all know they’re capable of more than they’re showing. 

So nuhiu, odubajo and dawson and others have been treated the same as them two on here i dont think so. I will also say top players step up when the chips are down and not like the rest of them go missing

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

I think the main issue with Reach is that he expected to get a move in the January 2019 window. He had a decent first half of the season and was scoring a couple of spectacular goals. 

However since then he has been absolutely dreadful and is becoming a liability whenever picked. I appreciate players are in and out of form but it never lasts 18 months. The minimum requirement is to give 100% and work hard. He’s now just a spineless wimp who bottles challenges and shirks away from any physical contact. I can’t envisage a place for him in this system and I’d let him go for a nominal fee. 

This is where the manager needs to show some imagination. Players like Reach and Lees may not attract the big offers we might have hoped for, but they don’t fit Monk’s system. At the right price, there will definitely be interest from other championship clubs, so we need to move them on, and use the money to strengthen. That is what you have to try to do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

He has all the ability in the world including the ability not to get in the game. All the other games since lockdown we have attacked more down the left, put Reach in and we don’t.

The goal annoyed me . So heading ain’t his strong point, but the issue was he bottled it.

I've bolded the 2 bits that sum up Adam Reach perfectly. And this is why he annoys me so much,

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I definitely dont agree with this. Its just not true

3 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

So nuhiu, odubajo and dawson and others have been treated the same as them two on here i dont think so. I will also say top players step up when the chips are down and not like the rest of them go missing

You’re both right. I’ve definitely seen pelters thrown Bannan + Reach’s way. Maybe more so of late than before but, rarely to the extent of the likes of Joey or Dawson, fair point.

I don’t think we could improve on Bannan or Reach in the situation we find ourselves in. Their stats may be that of average championship players at the minute but, we know they’re capable of so much more. Its down the coaching team and, the players to turn the corner and get back to where they were.