Ideal Summer Transfers

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Take a punt on Gnanduilliet at Blackpool, out of contract and knows where the onion bag is

Because he was born in France, you mean? Racist stereotype :ph34r:

I’m sure we will try and show Westwood, Rhodes and Lees the door. Trying to find suitors for these overpaid has beens will prove very difficult. 

Wickham will be the top of the list and im sure we will go back in for Murphy. Although both are in the last year of their contracts with their parent club so a deal could provide difficult.

I like Sam morsy at Wigan. Good defensive midfielder and can play. We need to bring someone who can play in this position as joey isn’t good enough. We also need to be looking at a right sided centre half who can bring the ball out of defence.

I think we need the following;

1 Right back

1 Center back

2 Left Back

1 CM (2 if Lee goes)

2 wide players

3 strikers

And that's if anyone else doesn't leave.

Might be less if Monk gives Penny and Van Aken a chance.

Edited by jonnyowl

Hopefully we’ll stick 3-5-2 next season. 

I’d cash in on Westwood, Lees and Rhodes given there in the last year of there contracts. Also sell Van Aken, Pelupessy and Odubajo.

Give Lee and Nuhui a new 1 year deal.

That leaves us needing at least;

2 CB

1 RWB (Murphy)

DM 

3 CF

8 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I’d cash in on Westwood, Lees and Rhodes given there in the last year of there contracts. Also sell Van Aken, Pelupessy and Odubajo.

2 CB

1 RWB (Murphy)

DM 

3 CF

Theres no way we will be able to cash in on Westwood and Rhodes, no one will pay their wages!

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

Theres no way we will be able to cash in on Westwood and Rhodes, no one will pay their wages!

I think Westwood will lower his demands this year with only having 1 year left. He’ll want another 2 or 3 year deal somewhere. Who’s going to sign him in 12 months having not played for 2 years?

24 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

2 CB

1 RWB (Murphy)

DM 

3 CF

I would say we need more midfielders than just one, selling Pelupessy will leave us with - 

bannan

Lee - No chance of playing 90 minutes 30+ times a season 

Hunt - Still untested at this level 

Luongo - Had a number of injuries this season already.

If we sold Pelupessy I think we would need another 3 centre midfielders, I don’t want to see reach or Palmer playing there.

In this formation we have for next season-

Westwood/Wildsmith/Dawson 

Palmer/??? Lees/Iorfa Borner/Van Aken

Odubajo/Harris                  Penney/Reach

Luongo/Bannan/Joey/Hunt/??/??

Rhodes/??/??/??

A few signings needed I'd say maybe 7 

I'd personally keep Lee and Nuhiu as dont think massive wages and both underrated and try to shift Westwood and Rhodes on but can't see anybody taking those 2.

Sign

a leader for RCB

Midfield Anchorman

Box box midfielder like Lee used to be

2 Strikers with pace 

That would be essential, then I'd try for another LB/LCB if we could funnily enough like Fox and a No10 if we could maybe Maddison.

Were not million miles away just need the right signings but can we afford them?

If we get found not guilty surely there will be cash for signings? I’m not on about going all out like 3/4 yrs ago but under ffp rules it goes on a 3 yr rolling cycle? So Wembley season spending has been and gone ? The season after where Rhodes abdi jones reach fletcher and co signed will be finished end this season? Appreciate Rhodes reach still here but others will be paid off ( wages and transfer fees?) other than van aken we haven’t spent a great deal over least 2/3 yrs?? So should be some monuvrabilty there???

16 hours ago, malek said:

Incredible how much I Agree with you. 

I'm a huge fan of Ryan Woods, but think that Callum Slattery would be better, cheaper and younger option. Quite similar in style. 

Love how you mentioned Perry Ng. Great right back with bags of energy and never say die attitude. Captain's material. 

I’ve not seen a lot of Slattery but if he’s similar in style then I’m all for that. Defo the type of player we should be looking at.

Captain material... we need as many of those types as we can get !!!

4 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

This is our summer to revitalise the team.

Lets hope we being in younger hungry players with ability to improve and increase in value.

(Iorfa type signings).

Added to, our owner has repeatedly stated his desire to spend, citing FFP as the only constraint.

If this is true and with the market depressed by coronavirus, a golden opportunity to do good business to build a squad capable of challenging and which has potential to increase asset value. 

6 hours ago, 83owl said:

I would say we need more midfielders than just one, selling Pelupessy will leave us with - 

bannan

Lee - No chance of playing 90 minutes 30+ times a season 

Hunt - Still untested at this level 

Luongo - Had a number of injuries this season already.

If we sold Pelupessy I think we would need another 3 centre midfielders, I don’t want to see reach or Palmer playing there.

Depends if we sign a forward that can play the number 10 role too to give us that option. 

Maybe we need 2. Irvine and another I’d be happy with I think. 

4 hours ago, Mick70 said:

If we get found not guilty surely there will be cash for signings? I’m not on about going all out like 3/4 yrs ago but under ffp rules it goes on a 3 yr rolling cycle? So Wembley season spending has been and gone ? The season after where Rhodes abdi jones reach fletcher and co signed will be finished end this season? Appreciate Rhodes reach still here but others will be paid off ( wages and transfer fees?) other than van aken we haven’t spent a great deal over least 2/3 yrs?? So should be some monuvrabilty there???

You would like to think we will have money to spend but if games continue to be behind closed doors income is going to be way down. Clubs will need to cut their cloth accordingly unless P & S is completely abolished which doesn't seem likely.

Football is in transition at present and clubs are going to have to adjust their financial models. Some will continue to spend big and then have to retrench, others will be more sensible. I hope we are in the latter category.

A few options;

GK - Darlow, Ruddy 

CB - Lichaj, 

RWB - Murphy, 

LWB - Lazaar

CM - Irvine, Kasey Palmer, Isiah Brown, Smith Rowe

CF - Wickham, Maddison 

Struggling to think of any stand out names so I hope we can find some young gems from somewhere.

5 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

This is our summer to revitalise the team.

Lets hope we being in younger hungry players with ability to improve and increase in value.

(Iorfa type signings).

Totally agree but wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of old heads.

Found it strange the length of time Monk was talking to Austin after the final whistle the other night.