Ideal Summer Transfers

As of now, we have been clearing out our squad, but some concerns come to mind. 

-The lack of a senior LB

- The number of Strikers (Only Wickham, Rhodes and Nuhiu)

And I’m sure there are other problems I have glanced over, the main question here is what players/transfer we should make before the start of next season? (Whenever that will be)

9 minutes ago, B&WOwl said:

As of now, we have been clearing out our squad, but some concerns come to mind. 

-The lack of a senior LB

- The number of Strikers (Only Wickham, Rhodes and Nuhiu)

And I’m sure there are other problems I have glanced over, the main question here is what players/transfer we should make before the start of next season? (Whenever that will be)

Our only contracted striker beyond July is Rhodes mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is what I reckon we have going into next season with a 3-5-2 and then general positions they've played under Monk

GK: Wildsmith/Dawson

RWB: Odubajo

CBs: Iorfa/Borner/Lees/Palmer, Van Aaken

LWB: Harris/Penney

CM: Bannan, Luongo, Hunt, Reach, Pelupessy

ST: Rhodes

This is what I think we should do.

RWB: New/Harris

CBs: Iorfa/Borner/New/Palmer/New

LWB: New/Penney

CM: Bannan/Luongo/Hunt/New/New,                                                                                                                                                           Pelupessy

ST: New/New/New/new

Get rid: Rhodes, Reach, Odubajo, Lees, Van Aaken

So 10 signings, and 4 new strikers.

Well also I wouldn't have offered pelupessy a new contract in the first place.

Edited by Guest

Ideal transfers for me are: Westwood to Liverpool for £25m, Odubajo to Man City for £45m, Van Aken to Ajax for £12.5m rising to £12.6m based on international appearances, Jones to Barnsley for £5.7m, Pelupessy to Sheffield United for £32m

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I think it’s what we need, more than who we need. If we are to stick with a 352. We need both a proper RWB and LWB. 2 centre backs. 2 central midfield players and 2/3 strikers. 

Looking at around 10 incomings this summer. Plus I’d imagine the club needs to learn to stop letting players deals expire leaving us with nothing. Westwood, Lees, Bannan and Rhodes are all out of contract in 2021. If the club don’t want them, or can’t offer those sort of contexts anymore then we need to be moving them on this summer for what we can get. 

• Like 3

We need a new left back, 2 centre backs, a new right back, 2 right wingers, 1 left winger, possible 2 central midfielders depending on Lee, and 4 new strikers.

Possible 12 players.

We need to also make a decision about Reach, Lees, Bannan, Rhodes, JVA, Palmer, Westwood, Urhoghide all first team players all out of contract June 2020. All either need selling, or getting rid of, this summer or signing to new deals.

I don't want to here 8-10 players leaving on free next season equally I don't want to read all the players wages being wasted with people sat in the stands.

A few we should go for who are all free agents as far as I can see, Luke Garbutt (LWB), Marcus Maddison (RW), Jackson Irvine (CM), James Collins (ST),  Alex Mowatt (CM), Nicholas Elison (LW), Danny Ward (RW/ST), Daniel Ayala (CB), Kyle Naughton (RB) - There are so many championship experience players who are free we will be stupid to pay any fee in the close season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Ideal transfers for me are: Westwood to Liverpool for £25m, Odubajo to Man City for £45m, Van Aken to Ajax for £12.5m rising to £12.6m based on international appearances, Jones to Barnsley for £5.7m, Pelupessy to Sheffield United for £32m

You might be setting your heights a tad to high. May be £30m for Pelupessy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We need a new left back, 2 centre backs, a new right back, 2 right wingers, 1 left winger, possible 2 central midfielders depending on Lee, and 4 new strikers.

Possible 12 players.

We need to also make a decision about Reach, Lees, Bannan, Rhodes, JVA, Palmer, Westwood, Urhoghide all first team players all out of contract June 2020. All either need selling, or getting rid of, this summer or signing to new deals.

I don't want to here 8-10 players leaving on free next season equally I don't want to read all the players wages being wasted with people sat in the stands.

A few we should go for who are all free agents as far as I can see, Luke Garbutt (LWB), Marcus Maddison (RW), Jackson Irvine (CM), James Collins (ST),  Alex Mowatt (CM), Nicholas Elison (LW), Danny Ward (RW/ST), Daniel Ayala (CB), Kyle Naughton (RB) - There are so many championship experience players who are free we will be stupid to pay any fee in the close season.

I'd stay clear of Maddison maybe seems a bit of a problem attitude and don't think he's done that well at Hull, could be worth a risk though, depends how the squads looking.

I knew one of James Collins family and he was best friends with Bannan when they were at Villa, and were still good friends when Bannan signed for us at least, so could be a bit of pull to bring him here too.

31 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I'd rather Odubajo go to Sheffield United for £45m.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

I'd stay clear of Maddison maybe seems a bit of a problem attitude and don't think he's done that well at Hull, could be worth a risk though, depends how the squads looking.

I knew one of James Collins family and he was best friends with Bannan when they were at Villa, and were still good friends when Bannan signed for us at least, so could be a bit of pull to bring him here too.

Maddison in 4 years at Peterboro average a goal every 3 games he has more assist than any player in the country - yes it didn't work out at hull but looking what going on there I am not surprised. For a free I would definitely bring him in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fingyfop said:

This is what I reckon we have going into next season with a 3-5-2 and then general positions they've played under Monk

RWB: Odubajo

CBs: Iorfa/Borner/Lees/Palmer, Van Aaken

LWB: Harris/Penney

CM: Bannan, Luongo, Hunt, Reach, Pelupessy

ST: Rhodes

This is what I think we should do.

RWB: New/Harris

CBs: Iorfa/Borner/New/Palmer/New

LWB: New/Penney

CM: Bannan/Luongo/Hunt/New/New,                                                                                                                                                           Pelupessy

ST: New/New/New/new

Get rid: Rhodes, Reach, Odubajo, Lees, Van Aaken

So 10 signings, and 4 new strikers.

Well also I wouldn't have offered pelupessy a new contract in the first place.

Agree with majority of that.

Maybe keep Rhodes. Not because I think he's great. I just don’t see how we can get a 3rd/4th choice striker for cheaper. Not sure of his wages but it’ll be £2million maybe. I don’t see how we replace similar ability for the same cost or cheaper. Probably won’t get a fee for him. 

Really don’t want Palmer centre back. Think we need 3 new ones. Or have Van Aken as 5th choice. Maybe loan spell done him ok and see how he does pre season. 

Everything else I think I agree on.