Thoughts tonight

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I thought Odubajo did well and it wasn’t a pen but shouldn’t have got in the position for him to dive. He is however not a CH we should have just played Brennan I know it’s not ideal sending a kid in on debut against these but needs must.

Reach plays left wing back or not at all and Da Cruz needs to start instead of Rhodes. 

We weren’t that bad but it’s another tonking at home.

It was a penalty 

• Like 3

Hunt needs a start. I know the game was gone but his passing is incisive, quick and impressive. He’s always moving the ball quick which we lack with Bannan, as he likes to have too many touches and for me should be playing further forward. 

de Cruz, looks to have ability, but he just runs down blind alleys all day long. Wouldn’t sign him. I’d have kept Rhodes on for longer. 

Nuhius touch was way off it more than normal. Obviously not helping with his lack of game time. 

odubajo was poor. Can’t rely on him in a 3. Stupid pen given away again. Cost us the game as they defending very well. 

murphy and Harris did well. Murphy just taken out every time he was getting a run on. Cynical fouls the sort of play I appreciate and would like from our lads. 

reach didn’t pull up any trees. Poor game from him and luongo. 

3-0 was not a fair reflection. Worked hard some good play and individual errors. Cant be too critical of the defense . Would we have started with it no.  They made fouls to stop us attacking and it worked. Had Harris's effort gone in then who knows. Disappointing with the result but performance was ok

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

It was a penalty 

I couldn't quite see, but it did look like a free kick the other way to us before they both went down.    That side were extremely cynical and got away with a lot of pushes, pulls and bad tackles.    They were very well drilled in the art, almost colinesq.

Murphy did well same with Harris tracked and covered.ans threatened.

Looked like they ran out of steam but then picked up.

Reach..poor.

Bannan average.. like to see hunt start next game.

Back 3 did well in circumstances but showed why 2 of them are full backs.

Lee was ok

Rhodes.. end of the road

Wickham..threatening and worked hard.

Wildsmith beaten on inside for 3rd but other than that did ok.

Luongo average

Nuhiu.. nothing

Dr Cruz looked lively again.

Shame but we are very thin on the ground.

We can’t afford to go behind against the top teams. The fact it was so stupid just makes it worse.

The other difference was they had a consistent set up and squad which showed in the key moments.

Can’t fault our display, just need to be more clinical 

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

Sorry but i'd say Luongo was far worse than Rhodes today, in fact a goal aside, he's been poor so far since the return - yet someone says he's a younger, fitter Kieran Lee?!  I don't get it at the moment, I really don't

Luongo's been poor since the return?

Apart from tonight he's absolutely bossed the games he's played

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop