Thoughts tonight

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you mate - pretty much a perfect summary

Plus in the back of my mind I've got the EFL verdict thread to worry about in advance

If that goes either way we're going to see a mad time on here

Hope the server has the extra power needed for the meltdown. 

With such a limited squad in terms of fit and available players, would it have been better to:

a) Select the team with a formation that suited who we had available, e.g. 442,451,433 

or

b) Play 352 anyway and shoehorn players into positions which aren't natural to them and end up playing 2 right backs at CB? 

I guess with a) we'd still have had to play either Palmer or Odubajo at CB anyway unless we gambled on a debut for Brennan, and probably Reach at LB. But b) showed us that Monk considers 352 the formation to go forward with but using attacking players at wing back rather than natural full or wing backs and full backs in the middle exposes their weaknesses especially when playing decent opposition so we don't really have the right, or at least enough, personnel to play it at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you expect me to say?

West Brom were on the ascendency, in control of the game, and in our half

What was Nuhiu supposed to do exactly?

Surely you bring a substitute on to try and change/influence the game. I don’t believe he is good enough and hasn’t been over his contract so feel it’s time to move him on. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Was worried when I saw wed had to stick a RWB in at CB,Palmers not a natural CB as it is so I assumed Iorfa would be overworked,but they did ok untill that stupid pull.They worked us more 2nd half and thats when they exposed our weakness on the night.

Weve paid for not making the most of being on top in the 1st half and have a goal to show,as has been the story of our home form this entire season,2nd goal was the nail and it was too much ground to make up against a side with a depth of quality.

Dissapointed,think we were worth a point on the night,but considering the makeshift back 3,maybe we just got done by their extra quality on the night.

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Surely you bring a substitute on to try and change/influence the game. 

It's almost like you've not read a single word of any reply to you on this one mate

lol

Nuhiu was up front

The ball was in our half/box most of the time

Tell me - please - what was Nuhiu supposed to have done differently?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's almost like you've not read a single word of any reply to you on this one mate

lol

Nuhiu was up front

go looking for the ball? Get a tackle in? Run about a bit maybe? 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Nuhiu was up front

Do a Forestieri or a Joao and stand next to Bannan asking for it?????

lol

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

With such a limited squad in terms of fit and available players, would it have been better to:

a) Select the team with a formation that suited who we had available, e.g. 442,451,433 

or

b) Play 352 anyway and shoehorn players into positions which aren't natural to them and end up playing 2 right backs at CB? 

I guess with a) we'd still have had to play either Palmer or Odubajo at CB anyway unless we gambled on a debut for Brennan, and probably Reach at LB. But b) showed us that Monk considers 352 the formation to go forward with but using attacking players at wing back rather than natural full or wing backs and full backs in the middle exposes their weaknesses especially when playing decent opposition so we don't really have the right, or at least enough, personnel to play it at the moment. 

The problem then would have been.

Why did he change formation from the one that served us well in the last two games. People would have explained  why as you did but then others would still not take it into account. The stick always has to be ebaten.

• Love 1