Thoughts tonight

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: I think anyone watching the game will think that’s a harsh scoreline. We looked the sharper team in the first half but didn’t make the most of that and then it’s that decision making

Teams like Leeds and West Brom are miles in front of us let’s not pretend otherwise

Disappointed but we shouldn't let a couple of decent performances distract us from our well documented shortcomings. 

Wickham was a positive for me. That and the formation could be effective with the right players........ 

I prefer to look on the bright side. At least we aren't in the middle of a global pandemic with a lunatic running the worlds largest superpower........FFS

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Morepork said:

with a lunatic running the worlds largest superpower........FFS

That's no way to speak about our owner.

Have to admit, the lack of any depth in our squad is concerning considering we have a game every four days till end of season pick up any injuries and we are screwed, as tonight showed with only one centre half in the squad. 

• Like 1

For me, stick it back to the first team back - and yes that includes Luongo - fitness permitting, because simply put something about it has worked.

I do think that Odubajo needs to get some merit for today - as Palmer, in a completely alien role and did not do that badly - although some will castigate him for one incident.  

4 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I don't agree, sorry.

Massimo Luongo in the last couple of games absolutely took them by the scruff of the neck, powered into them, won balls, tough tackled, killer passes and a goal

I honestly can't accept that you say he was poor mate

I just can't

Football is all about opinions but I can't accept anyone saying Luongo has been poor against Forest and Bristol City

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Massimo Luongo in the last couple of games absolutely took them by the scruff of the neck, powered into them, won balls, tough tackled, killer passes and a goal

I just can't

Football is all about opinions but I can't accept anyone saying Luongo has been poor against Forest and Bristol City

I don't think you can run this place and have an opinion, seems unfair!! lol

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure I can disagree with any of the OP

Cannot for the life of me understand why you play Reach centrally. It doesn’t work, never has. 

Wide left, at a push wide right or bench. 

Rhodes is shot. But that’s been obvious for the last 2 years

Thought reach played well first half

• Haha 1

First half very organised. trying to pass it through the lines.

Second half we seemed to lose the plot. Who ever got the ball just seemed to go on a massive dribble till they got fouled or lost it.

Edited by pazowl55

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I just can't

You have been quite contrary and aggressive in your assertions lately.   I'm not the only one to say it.

I've felt he has not really offered much going forward, tracking back and looks like a booking every time he goes for a tackle, and tonight when his midfield partners were not performing, neither did he.    He only seems to look good when the team as a whole does.    

We had a difficult day yesterday.

Julian wasn’t ready for this game. He should be fine for the weekend.

Tom was due to start and then he said he felt his hamstring.

I didn’t want to change the shape.

Osaze Urhoghide has picked up an injury last week. He will be a couple of weeks. He has picked up a knee injury.

Tom’s scan has come back all all clear.

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Prod_Marvin_Pointing_8x10_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Haha! I can always muster enthusiasm for that book! Fair play. I just feel that surely we have better options than odibajo... to play in a central three... in a pretty pointless game.... in an empty st.... s h i t I'm doing it again.

• Love 1

We aren’t far away is what I thought. 

But... we need Wickham and we need a couple of back 3 type defenders. We have Iorfa, Borner... but that’s it. I guess we need a couple in midfield and another top striker too. 

Odubajo just isn’t a defender. He has some qualities but he just has to many mistakes in him and he consistently makes key errors. 

Just now, HarryPlopper said:

You have been quite contrary and aggressive in your assertions lately.   I'm not the only one to say it.

I've felt he has not really offered much going forward, tracking back and looks like a booking every time he goes for a tackle, and tonight when his midfield partners were not performing, neither did he.    He only seems to look good when the team as a whole does.    

I'm not being aggressive towards you mate - relax!

I'm just saying that I totally disagree with you when you say Luongo hasn't played well in the last two games

In fact tonight when he hasn't played well it's shown - big time

Owlstalk Shop