Thoughts tonight

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We had a difficult day yesterday.

Julian wasn’t ready for this game. He should be fine for the weekend.

Tom was due to start and then he said he felt his hamstring.

I didn’t want to change the shape.

Osaze Urhoghide has picked up an injury last week. He will be a couple of weeks. He has picked up a knee injury.

Tom’s scan has come back all all clear.

Add Fox to that aswell. 

I am guessing I didn't want to change the shape refers to Odubajo in the back three.

Monk: “We have to manage the squad with Kieran (Lee), he was fantastic at the weekend, but knowing his history we have to look after him.”

This is sensible management from Monk Especially when previous managers have rushed players back and knackered them

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

As long as we stay up, and even with a points deduction we should, then I’m chilled.

Similar to me.

If we can just manage to stay up it will be interesting to see Monk have a go at building a shape and team next season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

You have been quite contrary and aggressive in your assertions lately.   I'm not the only one to say it.

I've felt he has not really offered much going forward, tracking back and looks like a booking every time he goes for a tackle, and tonight when his midfield partners were not performing, neither did he.    He only seems to look good when the team as a whole does.    

To be fair, the other day he had to cope with a poster getting all arsey about ageism based on a comment about werthers originals in the South Stand, The same grumbling poster, posted some other inane nonsense the next day, then claimed he was 'playing devils advocate'.* I'm not surprised he comes across slightly grumpy sometimes, he's literally dealing with a lot of idiots on a daily basis. 

* I generally find that people who say 'I was just playing devils advocate' are nobheads.  

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Hotten Owl said:

To be fair, the other day he had to cope with a poster getting all arsey about ageism based on a comment about werthers originals in the South Stand, The same grumbling poster, posted some other inane nonsense the next day, then claimed he was 'playing devils advocate'.* I'm not surprised he comes across slightly grumpy sometimes, he's literally dealing with a lot of idiots on a daily basis. 

* I generally find that people who say 'I was just playing devils advocate' are nobheads.  

Thank you mate - pretty much a perfect summary

Plus in the back of my mind I've got the EFL verdict thread to worry about in advance

If that goes either way we're going to see a mad time on here

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, oldishowl said:

Similar to me.

If we can just manage to stay up it will be interesting to see Monk have a go at building a shape and team next season 

I’m kind of glad we’ll no longer be making the signings we have in the past like Reach, we should see some honest, decent, hard working players like Windass coming in. 

I just want to see a team working their nads off for each other every game.

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

I’m kind of glad we’ll no longer be making the signings we have in the past like Reach, we should see some honest, decent, hard working players like Windass coming in. 

I just want to see a team working their nads off for each other every game.

I think Monk will bring that out - he’s getting that instilled into the side, you can see it 

No big time Charlie’s, just a good honest hardworking side - we saw it tonight for the first 30, one moment of madness has knocked the stuffing out of us

If I was one of the players in that side having to put up with someone conceding pens over and over I’d be having a word with the manager 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

On another night Wickham may have scored several.

Not our night.

And Rhodes has had three decent games on the trot, he's been exactly what people have said he isn't - a hard working striker that comes deep and puts a tackle in, holds the ball and looks for a pass to bring others in.   Not bad for a so called bog liner.

That's pretty much describing Nuhiu and yet some fans still vilify him.

From the Bristol city game we’ve lost borner, Lees and fox. That’s gunna affect any team, let alone a squad as thin as ours. All tonight has shown is we need smart recruitment at the end of the season, and some of us still need to manage expectation. 

2 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

That's pretty much describing Nuhiu and yet some fans still vilify him.

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nuhiu offered next to nothing when he came on, hope Monk is realising there is no point keeping him. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

long enough. (And has shown through the majority of his contract he isn’t good enough)

Owlstalk Shop