Thoughts tonight

Our fighting squad is the team at Bristol - that’s our 11, the ones who can compete and it’s the side with balance. They’ll get us mid table this year. 

Reach - no wonder he’s not in the first 11, dire tonight and certainly useless in the middle.

Da Cruz - getting better each game, looks after the ball well 

Final third - not very clinical from open play, we look a bit laboured trying to string bits together approaching their box. Murphy and Lee have been better tonight mind.

We need to give Lee another year contract - still clever and still good enough at this level, it’s unfortunate we can’t play him 3 times a week. 

Finally, Odubajo - good in places tonight, but a complete liability at the back and we can’t afford that. Needs to be shown the door - he will ultimately cost us points over the season. 

Oh and Rhodes....?!?! Not sure what he offers.

• Like 8

They just have the much better players

A mistake from someone who Monk will most likely look to get rid of and then more poor defending for the other two goals

Said similar after Bristol City - can see the way Monk wants us to play but just needs players to fit the system

• Like 5

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Oh and Rhodes....?!?! Not sure what he offers.

He offers hope to average Joes with a Dad-bod everywhere they may lead the line for Sheffield Wednesday someday. 

I think you see tonight this difference of a good team vs our team. We played good football without really troubling them, not just due to our inability to convert good possession to cutting chances, but more so the fact we got anywhere near a dangerous break and we were pulled back or scythed down. 

We’ll play worse than that and win I’m sure! 

• Like 6

Not sure I can disagree with any of the OP

Cannot for the life of me understand why you play Reach centrally. It doesn’t work, never has. 

Wide left, at a push wide right or bench. 

Rhodes is shot. But that’s been obvious for the last 2 years

• Like 3

Our paper thin squad and lack of quality throughout is a major worry. Our best players are on loan and they'll be leaving in a few weeks. Worrying times especially with the efl ruling imminent. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He offers hope to average Joes with a Dad-bod everywhere they may lead the line for Sheffield Wednesday someday. 

Flipping heck if he's got a Dad-bod, I've got his great, great, great Auntie Flump's bod.  

• Haha 2

I thought Odubajo did well and it wasn’t a pen but shouldn’t have got in the position for him to dive. He is however not a CH we should have just played Brennan I know it’s not ideal sending a kid in on debut against these but needs must.

Reach plays left wing back or not at all and Da Cruz needs to start instead of Rhodes. 

We weren’t that bad but it’s another tonking at home.

• Like 1

Man for man there’s only 3 or 4 of ours that’d be near their matchday squad, let alone the starting XI. They’re just a much better team than us in every way. That said, we were in the game til the penalty but we didn’t make it count — we’re capable of playing some ok stuff in the opposites’ half but we don’t look dangerous in and around the box at all. The stream I was watching was crap and I missed large chunks of the match — did their keeper have a save to make?

• Like 3

I thought we played well tonight.

We dominated the first half and their goal came against the run of play.

Attacking we looked a good side and against another side we could have scored a couple but sadly you’re only as good as your weakest link....

555A86E5-F797-46E3-B906-F0C221BD13D5.jpeg

• Like 2

Fine margins but the extra class came through, nice to see us battling all the way to the end and showing some spirit, sad that they resorted to some clinical fouls at crucial times for us, very frustrating. Need to keep our heads up. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, beswetherick said:

Man for man there’s only 3 or 4 of ours that’d be near their matchday squad, let alone the starting XI. They’re just a much better team than us in every way. That said, we were in the game til the penalty but we didn’t make it count — we’re capable of playing some ok stuff in the opposites’ half but we don’t look dangerous in and around the box at all. The stream I was watching was crap and I missed large chunks of the match — did their keeper have a save to make?

Murphy had a good shot which was saved at the end.  That's all I saw.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I thought Odubajo did well and it wasn’t a pen but shouldn’t have got in the position for him to dive. He is however not a CH we should have just played Brennan I know it’s not ideal sending a kid in on debut against these but needs must.

Reach plays left wing back or not at all and Da Cruz needs to start instead of Rhodes. 

We weren’t that bad but it’s another tonking at home.

thought it was a clear pen

• Like 5