Thoughts tonight

Thing is we all saw Odubajo in the starting 11 as a centre-back and we all knew what was going to happen.

You know what’s going to happen if Dawson starts in goal.

You know what’s going to happen when the likes of Pelupessy and Reach start in central midfield.

Point I’m trying to make is that we are just fans but Monk is the professional. Yet we wouldn’t continually make the same mistakes that he does time after time, enforced or not?

You see you can argue until the cows come home about playing kids but look at Brennan last night. Orthodox centre-back, just signed a new contract so we must see something in him at a time when a lot of under-23s/under-18s have been released. Yet our so called professional manager goes with a wing-back at centre-back who has more penalties against his name than a careless driver?

And before someone turns around and says we can’t play the kids. When do we? When crowds are back? FFS if we can’t play them now, we never will?

Monk is a so called experienced championship manager yet has managed this club as though he is fresh out of Timbuktu? Not the man for this job, never has been, never will be?

Get shut now as regardless of a points deduction, we are in serious sh!t with this clown in charge?

• Like 3

We played well 1st half,WBA very strong throughout their team,always going to be a tough un,hope they catch weeds scum.We are way to light in middle of park have been for 4 years now.

Take the loans out of that team,and we need some bloomin good business by Monk to fill them gaps,prob 6 or 7 in...gulp....UTO

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Our fighting squad is the team at Bristol - that’s our 11, the ones who can compete and it’s the side with balance. They’ll get us mid table this year. 

Reach - no wonder he’s not in the first 11, dire tonight and certainly useless in the middle.

Da Cruz - getting better each game, looks after the ball well 

Final third - not very clinical from open play, we look a bit laboured trying to string bits together approaching their box. Murphy and Lee have been better tonight mind.

We need to give Lee another year contract - still clever and still good enough at this level, it’s unfortunate we can’t play him 3 times a week. 

Finally, Odubajo - good in places tonight, but a complete liability at the back and we can’t afford that. Needs to be shown the door - he will ultimately cost us points over the season. 

Oh and Rhodes....?!?! Not sure what he offers.

Glad you put that about Reach, not sure what he does to be fair, just runs about a lot.

Same with Rhodes, so wanted him to succeed, but it's never gonna happen.

18 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He offers hope to average Joes with a Dad-bod everywhere they may lead the line for Sheffield Wednesday someday. 

He dropped back numerous times, got on the ball and linked play well. Worked very hard as well.

We looked better side with him in our side tonight.

Certainly offered more than Da Cruz who takes ages on the ball, turns like a dreidel without ever creating anything. Shows some fancy footwork, but clueless about what to do with the ball.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
25 minutes ago, malek said:

He dropped back numerous times, got on the ball and linked play well. Worked very hard as well.

We looked better side with him in our side tonight.

Certainly offered more than Da Cruz who takes ages on the ball, turns like a dreidel without ever creating anything. Shows some fancy footwork, but clueless about what to do with the ball.

I expect more from a seasoned pro like Rhodes than a young import like Da Cruz. I'll start praising Rhodes if he starts scoring goals. Don't hold ya breath though, he's completely ineffectual.

And no, he didn't link play well. For all his running around, he fashioned sod all. His best endeavour was that ball down the right in behind to absolutely nobody. After 3+1/2yrs people are scratching around for the slightest thing to compliment him on. He needs to go - like many others. 

38 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I expect more from a seasoned pro like Rhodes than a young import like Da Cruz. I'll start praising Rhodes if he starts scoring goals. Don't hold ya breath though, he's completely ineffectual.

And no, he didn't link play well. For all his running around, he fashioned sod all. His best endeavour was that ball down the right in behind to absolutely nobody. After 3+1/2yrs people are scratching around for the slightest thing to compliment him on. He needs to go - like many others. 

I think people are blinded by how incredibly ineffective he was before.

He's still nowhere near good enough to be a starting championship striker, he's managing to get involved in play 3 or 4 times a match, and closing down sometimes, which for him is an improvement, but not enough.at all.

Really hoping we can get rid in the summer, but the wages will be the issue as always.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I expected very little from Rhodes, but he changed his game, adapted and helped out last night.

Still, we need him off our wage bill and quickly.

• Like 1