• Rhodes
    • Bannan
    • Fox
    • Da Cruz
    • Odubajo
    • Pelupessy
    • Nuhiu

3 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Think this is unfair on Iorfa regarding the first goal. If you get the chance have another look and you will see he is definitely pushed which prevents him jumping

I voted Iorfa. Thought he was outstanding.

Fouled for their goal. That push was as subtle as a brick.

Bannan and Wildsmith very good too.

• Like 1

Bannan ran the game for me, deserved man of match

Best performance from Keiron Lee for a while

Dominic Iorfa was awesome

I'm not Liam Palmer's biggest fan bcause of his poor distribution, and he sometimes gets caught out, but I thought he was solid today

Wickham lead the line well, and scored a cracker

Everybody worked their socks off

Nice to see Wildesmith pulling quality saves off again

Another shocker from another poor referee, Bristol should have been down to ten for the lunge at Wickham, Irofa was pushed for their goal

Anyone know how the pigs went on? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Wildsmith (for that save alone), Bannan and Wickham are the obvious choices - but for withstanding the first half possession and pressure alone - Palmer (keeping Afobe quiet) and Iorfa (marshalling the back 3) should be up there as well

I have been banging on ALL season that 3-5-2 is the formation that best suits our personnel...….thankfully Monk has finally listened :biggrin:

(Seriously , this should have been implemented much sooner).

Wildsmith   -   7.5   Couple of wonderful saves , but fine margins.....dropped a cross and got away with it and if Wells had got a flick to that free kick like he should have then he would have been crucified for coming for it , but overall a good display.

Palmer   -   7   Defended well , this position suits him better than full back , distribution poor though and shouldn't have turned his back for the goal.

Iorfa   -   8   Can sometimes look ungainly but defended very strongly.

Borner   -   7    Was playing well , hope the injury isn't too bad.

Murphy   -    7   Couple of careless moments but got better as the game went on.

Luongo    -    8    Best display for the club , combative, composed and deserved his goal.

Bannan    -    7.5    Taken for granted by so many but keeps us ticking , loses half a point for poor dead ball delivery.

Lee   -   7.5   Good , solid all round game

Harris    -   8   Very good today...…...would still like him to get a run playing "off" Wickham up front though.

Wickham   -   7.5   Improving with each game , excellent goal.

Rhodes   -   6.5   Worked very hard, hopefully he scores soon to boost his confidence.

Fox   -   6.5    Shaky first 15 mins , did ok after that

Da Cruz   -   6.5   A bit hit and miss but overall much better than pre-lockdown

Nuhiu and Pelupessy  N/A

• Like 1

A lot of praise for Fox on here. 

are we hoping he stays on with an extended contract 

(I’ve read it as he turned down short contract) 

or hoping he goes ??? 

i would rather him stay than leave us short. He’s been a diff player this season. 

• Like 1

Went for Wildsmith as he made some outstanding saves that imho gave us the opportunity to get 3 points. His kicking is really good as well.

Lots of unsung heroes today that battled hard.

Kieran Lee is still class, Wickham looked good until he tired, thought the back 4 were generally solid if unspectacular, but that's how they should be.

I like Murphy when he is going forward and would of kept him on, as the more the game opened up, the more I thought it was tailor made for him -although I don't think he is aware of what his brain is telling his feet and vice versa.

I couldn't of possibly gave mom to Bannan as his comb over hair let him down today and was a distraction all game for me!!

As @sheriwozgod has already said we have been crying out for the extra man in midfield all season and it's  good to see Monk has finally addressed this.

Loungo and Lee were terrific in midfield covering the ground between both boxes getting tackles in, tracking breaking players and always showing for the ball.

Luongo MOM for me a very good allround performance and a well taken goal.

Wildsmith.    8.  Two very good reaction saves which are not just about quick reactions but also great positioning. I think a few people had forgotten some of the good performances he put in before Jos decided Dawson was his number one.

Harris.         7.  Put a right shift in and was still causing them problems when going forward right at the end.

Murphy.      6.5 Not as effective as Harris but did put some really good dead balls in, nice to see him working so hard.

Borner.       6.5   Part of  a solid defence and gave away very little.

Iorfa.           8. A giant at the back, in the first half hen Bristol were on top he held us together with some great defensive play.

Palmer.       6.5   Solid defensive play, from what I have seen prefer him in this position to wing back.

Lee.            8. All action up and down the pitch like the Lee of old.

Luongo.      8.5 Like Lee he was popping up everywhere he is really good at getting the ball and quickly moving it forward with the simple pass. Well taken goal.

Bannan.      6.5 Thought he was quite in the first half but was much better in the second half, his dead balls were poor.

Wickham.   7.5. Very powerful display, so strong and hard to knock off the ball, good goal and some good link play.

Rhodes.     5  Weak link in the side, easily brushed off the ball and slow.

Fox.           6.5 Solid enough and credit for putting a shift in when needed.

• Like 1

I nearly went for Harris who I thought created problems for them all game and worked hard. Bannan was the obvious pick and had a great game, but I went for Palmer who I thought was excellent - he did a solid job against Afobe who came to the left a lot and then a really good covering challenge in the left back spot to save a goal. 
Why bring Odubayo on again for Murphy? I just don’t get that change - he nearly gave a penalty away near the end AGAIN! 

• Like 2

Fair play Owls, deserved winners today.

Hopefully your win will rid us of the odious Lee Johnson.

MOTM for me, by a country mile, again, Barry Bannan, what a player he is. 

I though Wickham looked more like his old self as well, a right handful.

Apologies we didn't really give you a game and make a spectacle of it but take nothing away, you were easily deserved winners.

See you next season. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3