• Wickham
    • Rhodes
    • Bannan
    • Fox
    • Da Cruz
    • Odubajo
    • Pelupessy
    • Nuhiu

Wildsmith for me. Outstanding early save gave us a platform to build from. Not sure we would have won that game if we’d conceded that early on. Some other good saves too and confident handling when called upon. Impressive work rate and creativity from Bannan, so can see why he got more votes. Some iffy corners and crossing though. 

Always a good sign when there is a range of MOTM contenders. I went for Wildsmith but I acknowledge the majority of our team put in good performances. Lee, Wildsmith, Palmer, Bannan and Wickham especially good, too.

I'll be glad to see the back of the toxic players who are stealing a living at this football club. When they're not in the side we look fresher, more creative and actually want to win.

Edited by nilnil

MOM = whoever sneaked that scam redirect advert onto Owlstalk that kept randomly dragging me and various others off the forums to compete in a 'prize draw survey' every few minutes. 

lol

(seriously though, have we got it sorted yet? still doing it across three different devices for me, no other websites misbehaving at all)

Props to the players and Monk for the improvement over the Derby game - the last one I saw. Voted for Wildsmith, but Bannan, Wickham, Murphy and Luongo were all excellent. I had no real complaints about anyone. Let's keep this up for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Iorfa was pushed underneath the ball with a clear foul. VAR would have given it as a free kick...my problem is we don't see and appeal for this stuff

Through lack of experience I thought. Can you imagine any experienced centre halves not getting up earlier, or falling over and remonstrating with the ref for a foul when he was pushed?

The Cardiff goal scored from the free kick when Dawson's view was blocked was a similar one, I thought. Only Dawson moaned about it afterwards and nobody backed him up. An experienced goalie would have come out of his box and insisted that the ref consult his linesmen and 4th official, to get the player moved, before the kick was taken. As a team we are very naive and take too much stick sitting down. As Iorfa did literally. 

• Like 1

Good team performance. 3-5-2 suits us, couldn't say anyone disappointed:

Wildsmith - 7 - fantastic save early doors and solid kicking, not commanding under high balls - there was one he fumbled in the first half and got away with

Palmer - 7 - another solid display, great saving tackle although could he have done more to challenge Wells for the goal

Iorfa - 7 - starting to settle into the central CB role

Borner - 7 - did well until his injury

Murphy - 8 - lots of running, only his second assist from a cross this season

Harris - 8 - surprised not received a single MoM nomination, defended really well and looked more threatening this week

Bannan - 7 - tidy on the ball, couple of lovely backheel flicks, set pieces poor

Luongo - 8 - Good all-round game and popped up with crucial goal

Lee - 8 - full of running, another player suited to 3-5-2, sign him up for another year

Wickham - 8 - MoM, crucial early goal, competed well and unlucky to not get more free-kicks given in his favour

Rhodes - 7 - Good movement and looked dangerous, although still a bit limited in holding the ball up

Subs

Fox - 7 - professional performance, credit to him

Da Cruz  -7 - pace threatened them a strong run near the end

Pelupessy - 7 - couple of good interceptions and headers won, did his job

Odubajo - 7 - did well not to lunge in at the end when their players was trying to buy a pen, maybe he's learning. Overhit cross when we could have made it 3-1

Nuhiu - 7 - usual hold it up for the last 10 mins job he's designed for

• Like 2

Good all round team performance but gave it to Wildsmith for calm confident display. The first half save was outstanding and I couldn’t imagine ANY of our other keepers saving that.. Making keeper MOM usually means being overrun by the opposition but not today and it was a close run thing between Joe & any of the midfield three.

Keep it up Joe

18 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Through lack of experience I thought. Can you imagine any experienced centre halves not getting up earlier, or falling over and remonstrating with the ref for a foul when he was pushed?

The Cardiff goal scored from the free kick when Dawson's view was blocked was a similar one, I thought. Only Dawson moaned about it afterwards and nobody backed him up. An experienced goalie would have come out of his box and insisted that the ref consult his linesmen and 4th official, to get the player moved, before the kick was taken. As a team we are very naive and take too much stick sitting down. As Iorfa did literally. 

Yep we don't fall about, we don't appeal as a team, we don't hound the ref...we give them an easy ride. Iorfa couldn't do much about being pushed though

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hope I don't count as a troll, all I've done is expect much better than we got for 3 months and to his credit Monk has found another way of playing that suits our players much more than what he delivered January to March.

I certainly don't.  Because like me, you'll make comment, and if proved wrong have no qualms at all about raising the hands and admitting it.

It's the one who keep going in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary or refuse to accept changing circumstances that make me laugh and need a neg branding!

• Like 1

Lots of committed performances today... they look like a team who are playing for each other and the manager.

I’m going for Palmer, and for what it’s worth I don’t think that he was at fault for their goal. Wells got the jump on him from behind and there’s not a lot that he could have done about that.

Wildsmith was really good today, we can forget the goalkeeper debate now... it’s his.

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Without Wildsmith's amazing early save, I think we would have struggled to get anything. He made some other good saves and was unlucky with their goal. Iorfa was very naive by not getting up for the header.

Apart from Joe, Wickham was everywhere, working hard and should have had two. Lee also popped up everywhere and was unlucky to pick up a booking when he had to stop their run with Iorfa getting too far forward and out of position. 

Another good performance with lots of good displays, good tactics and good substitutions. Well done Monk, well done players.

Just wanting to clear up the iPlayer quality today. Was it much easier to see from the start with so many people watching it on Sky? 

Was the commentary any better this week, or the same amateur rubbish? I watched on Sky, taking advantage of the 3 months for £20 deal, because the Forest iPlayer offering was so poor. The commentators get paid on iFollow to keep us all informed as to what is happening on the pitch and giving us snippets of extra information, match stats, seasonal team and player stats etc. You got all of that today with Sky and the difference betweenthat and last week was staggering. The iFollow commentators did not know how long had been played, how many subs we had used or even, at one pint that we had made a double substitution and took the stoppage of play as an opportunity to read out tweets that had been sent in from fans! 

Sorry iFollow, but at £10 a game, or more than that for fans taking the service as compensation for attending games, I believe we are being given a very shoddy service. The iFollow network should provide all the stats for the various commentators and up to date information like live league tables at full time, for showing after the games. There should also be the opportunity to choose which commentary you listen to, because ours is very poor. If I want to read the commentators tweets instead of listening to the football commentary I can do already.

How does everybody else feel about the quality of the iFollow service? 

Think this is unfair on Iorfa regarding the first goal. If you get the chance have another look and you will see he is definitely pushed which prevents him jumping

• Like 1