• Rhodes
    • Bannan
    • Fox
    • Da Cruz
    • Odubajo
    • Pelupessy
    • Nuhiu

Very good performance

Wildsmith 8 . Kicks well, some great saves and looks confident. Big plus from restart.

Palmer 7.5. Strong , defended well all game, great tackle in second half

Iorfa 7.5. Good performance, there is one hell of a player in there on his day.

Borner 7. Best he has played in a while. Shame re injury. Gets injured a fair bit which is a worry.

murphy 8. Really good. Great corner, defended well , excellent.

Harris. 7. Better performance, played well, had beating of a poor Bristol team.

lee. 8.5. Looked back to his best. Ran all game, composed and classy.

Bannan 8. Never stopped running, passing not quite at the races but worked so hard.

Luongo 8.  Great second half and looked neat and tidy throughout. 
Wickham 8. Quality in first half, faded but scored a fantastic goal.

Rhodes 6.  Ran and worked, not much came off 

Fox 7. Did nothing wrong. Very solid. Good in the air 

Da Cruz 6. A wildcard. Great with ball at his feet. Beyond hopeless without it. 
Joey P 6 . Decent and tidy

Moses 6.  As above. 
Nuhiu 8. We got control back of the game when he came on. Excellent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Very good performance

Wildsmith 8 . Kicks well, some great saves and looks confident. Big plus from restart.

Palmer 7.5. Strong , defended well all game, great tackle in second half

Iorfa 7.5. Good performance, there is one hell of a player in there on his day.

Borner 7. Best he has played in a while. Shame re injury. Gets injured a fair bit which is a worry.

murphy 8. Really good. Great corner, defended well , excellent.

Harris. 7. Better performance, played well, had beating of a poor Bristol team.

lee. 8.5. Looked back to his best. Ran all game, composed and classy.

Bannan 8. Never stopped running, passing not quite at the races but worked so hard.

Luongo 8.  Great second half and looked neat and tidy throughout. 
Wickham 8. Quality in first half, faded but scored a fantastic goal.

Rhodes 6.  Ran and worked, not much came off 

Fox 7. Did nothing wrong. Very solid. Good in the air 

Da Cruz 6. A wildcard. Great with ball at his feet. Beyond hopeless without it. 
Joey P 6 . Decent and tidy

Moses 6.  As above. 
Nuhiu 8. We got control back of the game when he came on. Excellent. 

I went for Wildsmith as I think we looked more assured defensively than we have for a while and after they scored we didn’t capitulate. Plus he made a couple of worldies. Thought Palmer deserved an 8 and Wickham still looks a yard short sometimes. Pretty  Good assessment overall though. 

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Bazza, so underrated on here it’s not funny. 

I really don't think he does himself any favours when he starts believing his own hype and tries to do the spectacular.  Sometimes less is more.

Today it felt like he wasn't trying to do the sublime every time... and that in turn actually made his overall performance pretty sublime. Worthy MOTM IMO

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

1872809759_2020-06-2814_00_22.png.28a5fe9870c0644385765f8520fc4806.png

Ahh. Trolls be gone, for another week at least.  

Back into the shadows and under the rocks thy scuttle. 

Well done The Wednesday.

hugh-laurie-drinking-tea.gif

Hope I don't count as a troll, all I've done is expect much better than we got for 3 months and to his credit Monk has found another way of playing that suits our players much more than what he delivered January to March.

Well done to all today, nobody let us down. Went for Wickham as his goal and all round contribution for the first hour or so was key to us getting a winning platform, same can be said for Wildsmith, fantastic save at 0-0 and did well to claw out another top save before they scored. 

Bannan and Lee getting on the ball and showing we can play football with a formation that enables them to. 

Gone for Wickham. He's looking good since the restart. Thought the midfield three looked good. Bannan played well apart from his crossing, particularly from set pieces. Why we persevere with him taking corners I'll never know. All in all a good all round performance. 

Guest gizowl

A lot of good performances today and collectively as a team looked positive and assured 

Gave it to Bannan, always involved, kept it simple and was at the heart of some good  controlled possession always looking to get us moving forward. Good to see Wildsmith getting back to his best,more confident with him in goal regards dealing with back passes etc., his kicking and ball control is far superior to Dawsons. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I really don't think he does himself any favours when he starts believing his own hype and tries to do the spectacular.  Sometimes less is more.

Today it felt like he wasn't trying to do the sublime every time... and that in turn actually made his overall performance pretty sublime. Worthy MOTM IMO

This has always been my gripe with Bannan. Too often wants to get the ball from the centre half as try worldy 50 yard passes. When we get him further forward playing shorter passes in their final third is when he really shines for me.

• Like 1

Without Wildsmith's amazing early save, I think we would have struggled to get anything. He made some other good saves and was unlucky with their goal. Iorfa was very naive by not getting up for the header.

Apart from Joe, Wickham was everywhere, working hard and should have had two. Lee also popped up everywhere and was unlucky to pick up a booking when he had to stop their run with Iorfa getting too far forward and out of position. 

Another good performance with lots of good displays, good tactics and good substitutions. Well done Monk, well done players.

Just wanting to clear up the iPlayer quality today. Was it much easier to see from the start with so many people watching it on Sky? 

Was the commentary any better this week, or the same amateur rubbish? I watched on Sky, taking advantage of the 3 months for £20 deal, because the Forest iPlayer offering was so poor. The commentators get paid on iFollow to keep us all informed as to what is happening on the pitch and giving us snippets of extra information, match stats, seasonal team and player stats etc. You got all of that today with Sky and the difference betweenthat and last week was staggering. The iFollow commentators did not know how long had been played, how many subs we had used or even, at one pint that we had made a double substitution and took the stoppage of play as an opportunity to read out tweets that had been sent in from fans! 

Sorry iFollow, but at £10 a game, or more than that for fans taking the service as compensation for attending games, I believe we are being given a very shoddy service. The iFollow network should provide all the stats for the various commentators and up to date information like live league tables at full time, for showing after the games. There should also be the opportunity to choose which commentary you listen to, because ours is very poor. If I want to read the commentators tweets instead of listening to the football commentary I can do already.

How does everybody else feel about the quality of the iFollow service? 

32 minutes ago, erowl said:

Quite a few contenders this week.

Wickham was strong.

Lee very good.  Bannan... Luongo.

But for me I thought Palmer was outstanding. Gets stick on here but had Afobe in his pocket.

Well done Liam

Thought he played well today, but  completely bottled it for their goal. Not only did he not go with his head, he turns his back and goes with his foot, very poor.

When mistakes like that happen and lack of bravery lead to letting the opposition back into the game, I don’t think they are worthy for MOM.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Without Wildsmith's amazing early save, I think we would have struggled to get anything. He made some other good saves and was unlucky with their goal. Iorfa was very naive by not getting up for the header.

Apart from Joe, Wickham was everywhere, working hard and should have had two. Lee also popped up everywhere and was unlucky to pick up a booking when he had to stop their run with Iorfa getting too far forward and out of position. 

Another good performance with lots of good displays, good tactics and good substitutions. Well done Monk, well done players.

Just wanting to clear up the iPlayer quality today. Was it much easier to see from the start with so many people watching it on Sky? 

Was the commentary any better this week, or the same amateur rubbish? I watched on Sky, taking advantage of the 3 months for £20 deal, because the Forest iPlayer offering was so poor. The commentators get paid on iFollow to keep us all informed as to what is happening on the pitch and giving us snippets of extra information, match stats, seasonal team and player stats etc. You got all of that today with Sky and the difference betweenthat and last week was staggering. The iFollow commentators did not know how long had been played, how many subs we had used or even, at one pint that we had made a double substitution and took the stoppage of play as an opportunity to read out tweets that had been sent in from fans! 

Sorry iFollow, but at £10 a game, or more than that for fans taking the service as compensation for attending games, I believe we are being given a very shoddy service. The iFollow network should provide all the stats for the various commentators and up to date information like live league tables at full time, for showing after the games. There should also be the opportunity to choose which commentary you listen to, because ours is very poor. If I want to read the commentators tweets instead of listening to the football commentary I can do already.

How does everybody else feel about the quality of the iFollow service? 

Iorfa was pushed underneath the ball with a clear foul. VAR would have given it as a free kick...my problem is we don't see and appeal for this stuff