Would you take any of them?

16 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

Wasn't that long ago that Jack Rodwell was being touted as the next big thing. Shows how fickle and uncertain a football career can be. Also shows if you really want to mess things up, spend some time over on the Dark Side...

Or Sunderland, Or us for that matter. 

30 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

One of our rejects (Leon Clarke) served them pretty well. It’s all swings and roundabouts.

Quite a few of our ex players seem to have done alright for them in recent years, Quinn, Geary et al.

Can list quite a few former Wednesday players who have turned out for them.... can only think of JP McGovern to cross the divide the other way.

1 hour ago, Peter the owl said:

I’m a blade because I think one of their players would be a good signing for us?! Makes sense......and what does doing my first post have to do with anything?! Does it make my opinion less salient?! Everyone starts somewhere..... maybe I shouldn’t have bothered...

Welcome to owlstalk 😁

• Haha 1

You should have just said they have all been released by Watford or Southampton, would change a lot of people’s opinions. 

Look at when the blades took Leon Clarke (who was he at before they signed him, wasn’t us)... He then turned out to be a decent effective player for them. This clubs certainly isn’t in a position to be picky.

We need numbers in the squad at the moment, and any players we sign that have proven their worth elsewhere would be a bonus (not just because they were on a free and to make up numbers)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter the owl said:

I’m a blade because I think one of their players would be a good signing for us?! Makes sense......and what does doing my first post have to do with anything?! Does it make my opinion less salient?! Everyone starts somewhere..... maybe I shouldn’t have bothered...

We've seen it all before mate. United start to do sheeite and they come back to their biggest obsession.

Oink on.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It never works getting, ex darkside players, managers.

Dirty

It worked for them. Most unfortunately... 🤦‍♂️

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Message to all our new members (there's been quite a few this week!)

Don't let this thread put you off making your first post

But then again whatever you do don't make your first post about United

lol

It’s a shame people jump on your back so easily but I certainly won’t be put off from voicing my opinion on future threads. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Message to all our new members (there's been quite a few this week!)

Don't let this thread put you off making your first post

But then again whatever you do don't make your first post about United

lol

Whatever you do, don't mentioned United! 

CooperativeAshamedGoldenretriever-size_r

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Peter the owl said:

It’s a shame people jump on your back so easily but I certainly won’t be put off from voicing my opinion on future threads. 

Top man. (Or whatever gender you chose to be)*

* I don't want to offend anyone.

• Haha 2

Kieron Freeman is a decent right back , probably better than what we have TBH,

If Jack Rodwell`s head is right he would be very good in a back 3 if that's how we are gonna play...…..but he has dodgy history.

Mark Duffy is a very good footballer but too old now.

5 hours ago, Miffed said:

Quite a few of our ex players seem to have done alright for them in recent years, Quinn, Geary et al.

Can list quite a few former Wednesday players who have turned out for them.... can only think of JP McGovern to cross the divide the other way.

We certainly know how to stunt a players career or development.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

stainrod , shaw , heald …...

• Thanks 1