MORGAN FOX - Megathread

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Out of all the ones going probably the one I would have liked to have kept the most. Mainly because he was alot cheaper than Fletcher and not as injury prone.

Hope he goes on to prove he was a decent player after all.

Plus he's a good age to keep on, however that's football, next!

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

FOX.jpg

MORGAN FOX - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

So Morgan Fox has turned down Sheffield Wednesday's latest contract offer and will be leaving the club.

The player that went from the boo boy's favourite target to a solid left back who improved season on season

Are you sad to see him go? What were your memories of him? Did he turn your opinion around? 

Delighted hes leaving.. awful

With everything else that’s going on worldwide and Wednesdaywide and given his limited impact when it comes to Wednesday  expectations and memories I really couldn’t give a f*ck. I’m fairly sure that when I wake up tomorrow morning it won’t be the first thing that consumes my mind.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Dont think he will leave.

will sign contract at some point.

People may be jumping the gun with criticism of Fox & Fletcher. I suspect Forestieri is done for, but the other two might be waiting to see how things pan out re. EFL charge and offers from elsewhere. 

Very average footballer at this level imo. I always thought that he was clinging on for dear life to not make a mistake rather than take it to the opposition. What I will say is that you can't fault the effort and he didn't seem hide in the physio room. Oh and the abuse he got I thought was poor from a section of our support.

Deserves much credit for turning things round and improved performances this season, but he’s not irreplaceable.

A good solid, if unspectacular, player, I’m expecting him to find another club without too much difficulty

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

People may be jumping the gun with criticism of Fox & Fletcher. I suspect Forestieri is done for, but the other two might be waiting to see how things pan out re. EFL charge and offers from elsewhere. 

I'd let them go now. They've made their statement, wouldn't give them the option to come back to the table and say actually after reviewing (finding out it's the best deal they can get) they would love to continue wearing the blue and white colours representing swfc. 

Professional and committed left back who has been slated by the fans and turned his career around. I think he’s underrated by Wednesday fans and I think he’s a very good defender whilst a bit basic going forward. 

I don’t blame him for not signing a contract. He’s on £8k per week and he will be looking for a good deal over 3 years.

He’s not one of those who are disruptive or on big money. I wish the lad well and success in his career moving forward. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

I'd let them go now. They've made their statement, wouldn't give them the option to come back to the table and say actually after reviewing (finding out it's the best deal they can get) they would love to continue wearing the blue and white colours representing swfc. 

I'm inclined to agree, but we don't know what conversations have been had.

tbh I'm more disappointed in losing Fox. He's worked hard with help of coaching staff to up his game. He came through a difficult period, and is now entering his prime. Another club will be the ones to benefit.

Fletcher, I'd only keep on a 1yr deal if the terms suit the club. I wouldn't want DC over-committing to an injury-prone 33yr-old. But, I'd rather we overhaul our striking department. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I'm inclined to agree, but we don't know what conversations have been had.

tbh I'm more disappointed in losing Fox. He's worked hard with help of coaching staff to up his game. He came through a difficult period, and is now entering his prime. Another club will be the ones to benefit.

Fletcher, I'd only keep on a 1yr deal if the terms suit the club. I wouldn't want DC over-committing to an injury-prone 33yr-old. But, I'd rather we overhaul our striking department. 

Agree, but got to trust we've offered them as good a deal as we can in the current climate. 

Agree on Fletcher, 1 more year on reduced wages but with Incentive on games played. 

Fox, not too bothered to be honest. He was terrible for 70% of the time here and although did improve through this season, I think he only improved to an "average" left back. You'd like to think we can replace him.