THE EFL HEARING THREAD

If, and there is no evidence to suggest so, the club know the outcome, we seem pretty relaxed about the situation. Players played with the tempo of a nothing end of season game yesterday, also linked with players and seem to have money to spend.

That's not the profile of a club desperate to maintain their league status or concern over what league we'll be in. Appears to be a club planning for next season in the Championship.

Maybe our confidence stems from the hearing itself and advice from our highly paid barrister. 

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

Sorry mate, but that's the funniest thing I have read for a while.  So cute that he got us to the stage where he had to flog the stadium in the first place.

Chansiri is far from cute when it comes to money. I would say he is actually a bit of a numpty.

Cue the regular 😆 emoji reactions from his wingmen.

He is a  Businessman 

10 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I think someone in the EFL Has made a almighty mistake ,And do not know how the hell to get out of it .We will see .Chansiri is cute with money ,Surely someone will have overseen this deal for the go ahead .,There must be someone ,Somewhere has signed the ground sale agreement .Barnsley good luck in suing the EFL ,iF everything we have done is above board .

Transfer embargo's in consecutive summers, selling the ground to himself to try & alleviate 3 years of overspending would suggest he's far from cute with money.

• Like 3

Just now, mogbad said:

Transfer embargo's in consecutive summers, selling the ground to himself to try & alleviate 3 years of overspending would suggest he's far from cute with money.

Hey its all media stuff to me ,If it was that clear cut since November ,Surely we would have had some action done against us by now .

If it was any other organisation and, well, frankly, any other club, then I would be pretty dismissive of a points deduction getting announced between now and the Boro game or shortly thereafter. 

However, we are talking about us and the EFL, so all bets are off. 

Something stinks about this whole process though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There has to be an announcement before wednesdays games. You can’t have teams getting relegated and then a few days / weeks later getting reinstated. They could release players, sack the manager etc thinking they’re down and they’re not. 

• Like 4

Just now, Essix Blue said:

There has to be an announcement before wednesdays games. You can’t have teams getting relegated and then a few days / weeks later getting reinstated. They could release players, sack the manager etc thinking they’re down and they’re not. 

Does there though? 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Bet there isn’t 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Ask the EFL, they instigated the process, appointed the panel. Also supposed to be the ones managing the leagues, which you rightly say would be damaged by the uncertainty.

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Why? Its already too late they know how much to deduct to relegate us.

3 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Sorry, but I take no notice of the conspiracy theories about points etc. I just don’t believe any of it. 

Perhaps not, but I do believe that the EFL are completely incompetent, as is this entire process. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Spot on, it’s a complete mess. Imagine a player for Luton busting a gut and risking getting a bad injury on Wednesday night fighting for his team to stay up. Only to find the next day that Wednesday are relegated instead.  

• Like 1

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

Spot on, it’s a complete mess. Imagine a player for Luton busting a gut and risking getting a bad injury on Wednesday night fighting for his team to stay up. Only to find the next day that Wednesday are relegated instead.  

Yep. It’s nonsensical 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Logically, you're right.

Unfortunately, the EFL and logic are rarely seen in the same room at the same time.