THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 hours ago, Jim said:

And why because of the time that it is taking, it’s because it’s gone against us?

It could be because the EFL are going to have to turn around to Mr Gibson and say ‘Sorry Steve, you’re going to have to stay up on merit?’ Also there is a good chance that a team of joiners are on standby to widen the letterbox at EFL HQ to cope with the flood of letters expected from Barnsley should the case has gone Wednesday’s way?

Yep. And them letters are gonna be thick cos you can only get about three words on a page when you write in crayon.

1 hour ago, Carbone said:

Slight contradiction there I think, not sure you do/should respect opinions you find moronic....

Anyway, I was pointing out in 2016 I felt our owner was out of his depth and our first full season really covered up the cracks on really what was a shambles behind the scenes.

I feel it has taken a lot on here until now to realise he's a big problem, worried again it will be 3 or 4 years down the line of chaos before people realise again, and believe me it will happen, and Neil won't be deleting threads calling for him to go, because there will be a lot of them.

Disagree.

Perhaps the literal meaning of moronic, foolish, may be more palatable. Not aimed at individuals, rather the notion that we should be putting pressure on our owner (who right now is the key to our existance) to leave, especially considering the problems at other clubs, who have recently changed ownership. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Accounting and cash can be very different. They could feasibly buy a player and sell a player on the same day for the same fee and make a negative impact on cash but a positive impact on P&S.

If they signed a player for £4m on a 4 year contract and paid all of the fee upfront then it would be accounted for in the income statement for P&S as £1m cost per year for the next 4 years. If they sold a player for £4m and received instalment payments of say £1m plus 3 more £1m over the coming years then it would accounted for in the income statement for P&S as £4m income at the date of the sale.

So on the day of the transaction cash flow is -£3m but they book a £4m profit.

That makes my head hurt, glad I'm not an accountant lol

31 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Sky said the same when interviewing a Wycombe player last night

Was gonna say this too. One of the first questions they asked the player was how excited he was that they'd be playing at big clubs like Sheffield Wednesday. Seemed like a really odd thing to say. Now for the beeb to put it too, very strange. Probably means we've been found guilty, 21 point deduction and they've both heard about it but are bluffing so it looks like they don't know. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Was gonna say this too. One of the first questions they asked the player was how excited he was that they'd be playing at big clubs like Sheffield Wednesday. Seemed like a really odd thing to say. Now for the beeb to put it too, very strange. Probably means we've been found guilty, 21 point deduction and they've both heard about it but are bluffing so it looks like they don't know. 

Er, Wycombe are in the Championship next season.....

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Looks like de Marco is busy again - look like he is doing the derby case to - sorry if already mentioned

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/business-and-sports/20200714/281840055967824

interesting. Hopefully they are employing him because he has done such a good job in our case. Also would think it means our case is definitely over. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

interesting. Hopefully they are employing him because he has done such a good job in our case. Also would think it means our case is definitely over. 

I think it’s quite obvious our case is over, probably has been for a week or so. There’s no way it’d go on for over 2 weeks never mind 3. 

I get the feeling, dunno why, that the EFL want to announce both findings at the same time, us and Derby. 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Looks like de Marco is busy again - look like he is doing the derby case to - sorry if already mentioned

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/business-and-sports/20200714/281840055967824

That might be good news.....I mean , they might have hired him cos he won our case.....

On the other hand..De Marco might have said to Derby....

"I won't make the same mistakes I made with The Wednesday.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

That might be good news.....I mean , they might have hired him cos he won our case.....

On the other hand..De Marco might have said to Derby....

"I won't make the same mistakes I made with The Wednesday.....

I think we knew he was representing Derby weeks ago.......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I think it’s quite obvious our case is over, probably has been for a week or so. There’s no way it’d go on for over 2 weeks never mind 3. 

I get the feeling, dunno why, that the EFL want to announce both findings at the same time, us and Derby. 

It’s a strange one, I am thinking the same as you but then again it’s 2 separate cases which could have 2 different results or punishments. Why the need to announce at the same time? Unfortunately any significant point deduction would hit us harder than Derby. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a strange one, I am thinking the same as you but then again it’s 2 separate cases which could have 2 different results or punishments. Why the need to announce at the same time? Unfortunately any significant point deduction would hit us harder than Derby. 

Maybe, because both results (if bad for the clubs) will cause sh*t storms, they’d rather they both happened at the same time rather than one a week after the other. 

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

If it was over and we won, the efl can't stop DC shouting from the rafters.

If we lost the efl can't stop DC shouting from the rafters.

Tint over..

If there’s an agreement in place for some reason between the 2 parties, then it can be over.