Barry Bannan

When we line-up tomorrow v West Brom, few of us would be surprised to see Lee rested, or at least subbed. Luongo likewise. In fact, it will be a big shock if either plays anything like the full 90.

Bannan will. Always does. Not only is he a truly marvellous player, he’s fit as a flea too.

What an asset. 

On 13/06/2020 at 09:32, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 09.33.09.jpg

I can honestly see Barry Bannan being the player that plays the best in the upcoming games.

The time off will have made him hungry to play again like every other player but I think he'll relish playing behind closed doors, away from the fans who get on his back.

I reckon he'll thrive and spring back into life.

I can also see Monk playing him further up the pitch too

Looking forward to seeing Barry Bannan in full flight and can see him being the one making things tick

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I think part of the problem with Bazza has been us not playing him in the correct position for the last few seasons. 

For me, I don't think he's at his best in a flat four four two formation. 

Has a tendency to play too deep and lacks the physicality, meaning he can get bullied in that area. 

His best form for us was when he largely played on the left hand-side in 2015/2016. 

A midfield three should suit him. Let him play the quarter back role or whatever, but with the extra insurance of two others in the central midfield. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

With only a year left, do we go for option:

A) Tie him down for a few more years.

B) Sell while his stock is high.

CC) Dither and let him go for nowt.

Was thinking about this earlier. He will attract a lot of interest in the summer so it’s a big decision on what we do with him.

Personally it’s a no brainer to offer him a new contract, the team is built around him.