Barry Bannan

3 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

10 goals in 5 years for a 'attacking midfielder

Who takes the freekicks, has 95% of our ball 

If that's impressive to you then we are in big trouble 

Let me ask you this

If your claims of Bannan been so brilliant 

Which clubs have put a bid in for him?

Why did he fail at 2 Premier league clubs? 

Why can't he get in a terrible Scotland team?

As for pundits saying bannan is brilliant, bet they was wasn't watching him doing F*ck all useful during the last month of this season 

Show me stats where it shows Bannan is such a wonderful player 

And again being 3rd at Christmas means absolutely nothing, it isn't a achievement 

That's just ranting mate

I was looking for a comprehensive point of view that I couldn't disagree with. I was hoping you'd have convinced me with facts and stats. 

Instead you're shouting at passing traffic whilst staggering along the pavement with your trousers round your ankles

lol

Have another go....

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Not taking about this season, pundits have been banging on for the last few years about him and we've not had to bat away bids.

I don't know if there have been enquiries or not

I'm not privy to that information

I think Chansiri said he'd had many offers for our best players over the last couple of seasons didn't he? So did a couple of the managers at SWFC

Could easily have been Bannan they were asking about

Like I said we don't know either way

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Go and watch all our goals that we score. Bannan would have had a hand in it some where down the chain. Thats what good playmakers do. 

The problem is he sits to deep so alot of the time he gets the pass before the assist. Nuhiu's goal against Leeds is a prime example of this and one of the passes of the season.

Bannan is a top drawer championship midfielder and one most other top teams would take. We would miss him if he went.

• Like 1

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.11.05.jpg

PLAYER WITH MOST CHAMPIONSHIP ASSISTS

Well this stat is a bit awkward for Welsh Owl and the others in the Barry Bannan hater club

Out of all the players in the Championship this season Barry Bannan has provided the 8th highest number of assists

Have a think about that for a second.

There are only 7 players out of all the players in every single team in the Championship that have created more goals than Bannan

All those midfielders, wingers, strikers in the Championship and Barry Bannan is EIGTH most dangerous player out of all of them

We haven't even played the whole season either - he's on track to beat last season's stats where he finished as the 5th most dangerous attacking player in the whole of the Championship

Not my words Carol.. the words of Top Gear Magazine....

I'm going to be interested in hearing how bad Bannan is from the haters after THIS bombshell stat dropped on them

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.09.47.jpg

And also in fairness you can understand some of the criticism he might get.

Some other top championship midfielders would be looking at getting close to Bannan's career league goal total in one season.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.11.05.jpg

Well this stat is a bit awkward for Welsh Owl and the others in the Barry Bannan hater club

Out of all the players in the Championship this season Barry Bannan has provided the 8th highest number of assists

Not my words Carol.. the words of Top Gear Magazine....

I'm going to be interested in hearing how bad Bannan is from the haters after THIS bombshell stat dropped on them

hate.jpg

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.14.48.jpg

MOST CROSSES PUT INTO THE BOX IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Out of all the players in all the teams on the whole Championship this season Barry Bannan has put the 10th highest number of crosses into the box

Let that sink in

He's not a winger

He's been playing defensive midfield most of the season

And he's put in the TENTH HIGHEST number of crosses into the box out of every player of every single team in the Championship 

Whilst also playing defensive midfielder with Pelupessy playing alongside him etc

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.14.48.jpg

Out of the whole Championship this season Barry Bannan has put the 10th highest number of crosses into the box

Let that sink in

He's not a winger

He's been playing defensive midfield most of the season

And he's put in the TENTH HIGHEST number of crosses into the box

Id love to see a heatmap of where those 'crosses' into the box originate from. Got to be his obligatory 10+ wonder ball attemps he has every game 😁

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.23.38.jpg

GOALS SCORED WHILST PLAYER IS ON THE PITCH

Let's look at the 'GOALS SCORED BY THE TEAM WHILST PLAYER IS ON THE PITCH' to see who the most dangerous offensive player we have is

Could it be?

No......

Surely not....

Surely not.....

WOW - IT IS!!!

IT'S BARRY BANNAN!!!!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.25.55.jpg

MOST TACKLES WON BY SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PLAYER

Shall we have a look at TACKLES WON? 

This will show us which of our players are the best at tackling players and winning the ball back from the opposition

Ohhhhh look who's above Borner, Lees, Kieran Lee and co...

It's BARRY BANNAN!!!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.27.53.jpg

INTERCEPTIONS

Moving on we come to INTERCEPTIONS

The most effective player for intercepting and getting the ball for us

Who's that in 6th position?

Surely it will be a defender?

Tom Lees?

Moses Odubajo?

Maybe a midfielder like Kieran Lee? Pelupessy? Luongo?

Nope

IT'S THAT MAN BARRY BANNAN AGAIN!!!!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.30.53.jpg

HIGHEST AVERAGE NUMBER OF GOALS CREATED vs MINUTES PLAYED

What about which Sheffield Wednesday  midfielder gives the most assists and creates the most goals per 90 minutes on average?

That would make him our most dangerous midfielder whoever it is

Could it be Kadeem Harris? 

What about Jacob Murphy?

Nope

It's BARRY BANNAN!!!!!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.43.47.jpg

What about when Carlos was here though?

Surely Barry Bannan was playing WAY better than he is today?

Surely when Carlos was here and we were flying to a 6th place finish and even a playoff final, and then finishing 4th the next season and into the playoffs Barry Bannan used to play better and more effectively than he does the last couple of years?

Well no actually..

As you can see when Carlos was here in Carlos' first season, Bannan only got 2 goals and 2 assists the season we got to the playoff final

The next season when we reached the heady heights of finishing 4th and then getting knocked out in the playoffs Barry Bannan scored only once and got 7 assists

Yet everyone was raving about him

This season alone, with the season not over yet and more games to come, Bannan has already got two goals and seven assists, which makes him a way more effective midfielder than at any time during Carlos' reign

Last season was even more productive for Bannan scoring four times, and providing 11 assists for us which was actually Barry Bannan's most successful, most attacking, most dangerous season offensively that he's EVER had.

I bet most fans (INCLUDING myself) would have put money on Bannan playing better under Carlos

The facts are quite simple. He didn't

He's playing the most effective attacking football of his career, despite being sunk back into defensive midfield this year, with Pelupessy alongside him.

And with that I rest my case ladies and gentlemen

I am open minded when it comes to assessing players. If someone comes on here ranting how crap a player is I simply have a look at the cold, hard, brutal UNDENIABLE facts to see if they're right or not.

If someone is proven right I hold my hands up and say so, and take the facts as facts

But if someone just takes a dislike to a player, slates them, rants about them and tells me they're pants I'll just pull up the stats.

Because that's the right, fair, and intelligent thing to do

Goodnight x

micdrop.gif

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

SHOW ME STATS where it shows Bannan is such a wonderful player 

And again being 3rd at Christmas means absolutely nothing, it isn't a achievement 

I recon this will be the last time WelshOwl says that again.

:tango:

Edited by pazowl55