Barry Bannan

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

You're like someone who has never played football

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

You're like someone who has never played football

Lol yes because I don't think everyone who plays for us is wonderful. Remind me again why we have been so bad since Christmas.

11 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Lol yes because I don't think everyone who plays for us is wonderful. Remind me again why we have been so bad since Christmas.

Bannan really isn’t the problem. 

He’s the best player we have and we need players around him who would compliment him even more.

His stats don’t lie and opposition managers constantly say he’s our biggest threat. I also agree with the other poster that If you don’t appreciate Bannan then you really don’t know anything or haven’t ever played football. 

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

He’s the best player we have and we need players around him who would compliment him even more.

His stats don’t lie and opposition managers constantly say he’s our biggest threat. I also agree with the other poster that If you don’t appreciate Bannan then you really don’t know anything or haven’t ever played football. 

His stats aren't great at all. Barnsley have two players who have equal or better stats.  8 assists for a player who's probably taken 80% of our set pieces in attacking areas is not great. 

• Like 3

Literally 0 point in even debating. It’s about

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

His stats aren't great at all. Barnsley have two players who have equal or better stats.  8 assists for a player who's probably taken 80% of our set pieces in attacking areas is not great. 

Im not going to get into this with you, it’s all about opinions.

Just out of interest, if we were to get rid who would you bring in to do his role? 

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Errrrr.... Yes. Yes they are

His stats aren't great at all. Barnsley have two players who have equal or better stats.  8 assists for a player who's probably taken 80% of our set pieces in attacking areas is not great.And he's played almost every game. He's only 2 better off than Adam Reach who has had a poor season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

This post summed up our problems.

He is our best player.

The opposition know it and squeeze him out of the game.

We are then basically ineffectual.

Murphy has helped carry the torch for the latter part of the season. Reach before that.

2 players out of the squad.

In the end it effected Bannan's game. Little help and far too much responsibility. I would guess he is wondering where is future lies, still time to get one last good contract. 

Either here if we show ambition or elsewhere

If we can get an offer of 2 million or more we need to let him go. Last year of his contract and in 12 months he will walk for nothing.

We have not been successful building a team around Barry for 3 years now, its time to rebuild with new players.

Probably go somewhere else and be a big hit with better players around him and good luck to him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

This post summed up our problems.

He is our best player.

The opposition know it and squeeze him out of the game.

We are then basically ineffectual.

Murphy has helped carry the torch for the latter part of the season. Reach before that.

2 players out of the squad.

In the end it effected Bannan's game. Little help and far too much responsibility. I would guess he is wondering where is future lies, still time to get one last good contract. 

Either here if we show ambition or elsewhere

So the priority is two players alongside of him to ensure he gets the ball where he could do some damage...Watford have had a succession of those types so I'm sure that given the right scouting team input we can do the same.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Says a lot about where we have arrived at this moment ....

He's our best player ?

FFS ......

By a country mile. 

11 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

By a country mile. 

That's my point 

We should be much much better than an bang average journey man who's won the sweet sum of ?...

But earned a fortune out of a bland career .....

We need winners 

Bannan is NOT a winner 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I was proven correct in everything I said!

No way. He continued to play deep. He's made too many mistakes. His passes have strayed. He couldn't hit the net on a good day. When he's tried to shoot on the goal it sails over the bar.