Barry Bannan

Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 09.33.09.jpg

I can honestly see Barry Bannan being the player that plays the best in the upcoming games.

The time off will have made him hungry to play again like every other player but I think he'll relish playing behind closed doors, away from the fans who get on his back.

I reckon he'll thrive and spring back into life.

I can also see Monk playing him further up the pitch too

Looking forward to seeing Barry Bannan in full flight and can see him being the one making things tick

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can honestly see Barry Bannan being the player that plays the best in the upcoming games.

The time off will have made him hungry to play again like every other player but I think he'll relish playing behind closed doors, away from the fans who get on his back.

Looking forward to seeing Barry Bannan in full flight and can see him being the one making things tick

All Monk needs to do is get Joey in there and play him in that deeper role to protect the back four which will give licence and confidence to Baz to play further up the pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

All Monk needs to do is get Joey in there and play him in that deeper role to protect the back four which will give licence and confidence to Baz to play further up the pitch. 

Pelupessy is way below whats needed in this division and is continually exposed......that's one of the reasons Bannan ends up dropping so deep to compensate.

The other reason is Monks rigid team shape.

• Like 4

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
21 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Love the optimism here 🤣.

It's the same blind optimism we get every first game of the season. Give it 5 mins for all that to disappear when reality kicks in 😁.

Are you serious?!

We’re obviously going up!! 😏

He should never be in our half of the pitch when we have possession.

Game is simple.

When we have the ball, you have 5 secs to get in the other half Barry and create options.

He is allowed to play sweeper and it just wastes his talent.

Get up there son...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 33 said:

He should never be in our half of the pitch when we have possession.

Game is simple.

When we have the ball, you have 5 secs to get in the other half Barry and create options.

He is allowed to play sweeper and it just wastes his talent.

Get up there son...

Didn't he say he was playing deeper because he was playing with an injury?

Owlstalk Shop

Is it only me that can see the promble. First half of season he plays alongside Hutch, played well, we go third. Second half of season he plays alongside cat, has to do the work of two men and suddenly he’s ineffective going forward and he’s poo. It’s Sheridan all over again. Play himwith palmer he’s a genius play him with klass Ingerson and he’s poo. Why can’t people see what the promble is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Is it only me that can see the promble. First half of season he plays alongside Hutch, played well, we go third. Second half of season he plays alongside cat, has to do the work of two men and suddenly he’s ineffective going forward and he’s poo. It’s Sheridan all over again. Play himwith palmer he’s a genius play him with klass Ingerson and he’s poo. Why can’t people see what the promble is.

You're going to say Hutch should come back to Sheffield and play aren't you?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

When Hutch or Luongo have played we have been decent. Without one of these two you are spot on, Bannan takes on too much responsibility and tries too hard to compensate the weaker midfield.

The starting line up next weekend will be very interesting 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

When Hutch or Luongo have played we have been decent. Without one of these two you are spot on, Bannan takes on too much responsibility and tries too hard to compensate the weaker midfield.

The starting line up next weekend will be very interesting 

Is Luongo fit?

I hope he's 100% and raring to go

We need him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is Luongo fit?

I hope he's 100% and raring to go

We need him

Seems fit from the vids and pics they’ve been showing us but typical Wednesday he will be missing next Saturday when the line up is announced!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Didn't you post the stats that Bannan was rated the 2nd best defensive mid in the league according to the stats? He needs to play where he has been surely?

Just now, Minton said:

Didn't you post the stats that Bannan was rated the 2nd best defensive mid in the league according to the stats? He needs to play where he has been surely?

Yeah according to stats that's true

However personally I'd prefer someone like Luongo in that position so Bannan can become the best rated attacking midfielder

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah according to stats that's true

However personally I'd prefer someone like Luongo in that position so Bannan can become the best rated attacking midfielder

Don't believe the experts eh? lol