Barry Bannan

Stats show more assists for the likes of Tomlin, Mowatt and Downing. It would be interesting to read the stats for free kicks, Adam Reach has taken one and scored this season does that mean he is one of the best free kick takers in the league? It is quite easy to play passes in the comfort zone in and around your own centre backs.

It says something when even Warnock does not appear interested in trying to poach one of our so called better players, I bet he shows interest in Murphy if he keeps the Middlesbrough job. 

• Like 3

That wayward ball against Middlesbrough sums up the squad - not just Bannan. 

You play a pass like that when you’ve got no idea what you’re doing. Mainly Monks fault.

Bannan is the highest quality player we have in the squad - even when he’s frustrating we still need him. 

We need more options round him that will run their balls off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

You play a pass like that when you’ve got no idea what you’re doing. Mainly Monks fault.

Bannan is the highest quality player we have in the squad - even when he’s frustrating we still need him. 

I’m not monks biggest fan but posts like this show exactly why monk can do no right and the players can do no wrong. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I’m not monks biggest fan but posts like this show exactly why monk can do no right and the players can do no wrong. 

Reading back it did seem harsh. The aimless ball by Bannan was his fault, but it comes from the team being generally all over the place. Not knowing their roles, or they’ve decided to down tools... to me they all seem bored of him.  

Individual mistakes will also have a part in Monk losing his job - but why are they doing it in nearly every game?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

And it's a team that has performed tremendously isn't it? 

Iorfa and Bannan the standouts, apart from those two the teams is way below par. 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Reading back it did seem harsh. The aimless ball by Bannan was his fault, but it comes from the team being generally all over the place. Not knowing their roles, or they’ve decided to down tools... to me they all seem bored of him.  

Individual mistakes will also have a part in Monk losing his job - but why are they doing it in nearly every game?  

Think it’s mainly because they’re not very good. Any player in the squad that you name there’s huge weaknesses to their game which seem to get exploited easily. We don’t have any players who are good enough or well rounded enough to put in 7/10 performances week in week out.

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

No, nonsense.

Bannan backed himself into a cul de sac on the touchline. Had two options to play an easy 5 yard pass back to Lee I think it was or an easy 12 yard pass past Lee to Iorfa. Instead he tries the Billy big rounduns cross field ball which went half as far as it needed to go.

It's too easy to look for scapegoats in the dugout when your favourite player has fooked up again so royally. 

Bannans fault and Bannans fault alone. My first thought was who was he going to scream at and windmill his arms to deflect responsibility having screwed up so badly...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vulva said:

Bannan also suffers from ‘playing’. He’d a world beater in some eyes if he wasn’t injured or sent to the ressies to play. FF is the best example of this. Longer he was out, better he got. 

100%

In our current squad Bannan stands out as our best player.

No question. He’s carried us this year.

Could we make signings this window which give us a better balanced and more competitive midfield without Bannan in it.

Possibly but they would have to be cracking signings.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

😳😳😳😆

10 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

No, nonsense.

Bannan backed himself into a cul de sac on the touchline. Had two options to play an easy 5 yard pass back to Lee I think it was or an easy 12 yard pass past Lee to Iorfa. Instead he tries the Billy big rounduns cross field ball which went half as far as it needed to go.

It's too easy to look for scapegoats in the dugout when your favourite player has fooked up again so royally. 

Bannans fault and Bannans fault alone. My first thought was who was he going to scream at and windmill his arms to deflect responsibility having screwed up so badly...

8DCDC06B-1E99-40F7-B5B4-834FCB4B781F.gif

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop