Barry Bannan

It's not been his best season i'll admit but i can't believe people want to get rid of a player that most other Championship managers would love to have in their sides. The only way i'd sell him is if he's indicated he doesn't want to renew his contract next summer.

Reminds me of Darren Potter, but I think Potter could get about the field better and possibly was the better passer. Both on a par at corner taking.

Looking forward to the usual mega bids for him, £500k would do it for me.

The most overrated player at Hillsborough in my time and constantly slows our play down. Any average midfielder given the ball to float in the majority of the time ought to get the most assists. Anyone believing he can tackle, track back or win enough headed duels is not paying attention.  He possibly exposes the back four more than any deep sitting midfielder in the division.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, should know better said:

Any average midfielder given the ball to float in the majority of the time ought to get the most assists.

Why don't they then?

How come it's Barry Bannan who always has the best stats and is clearly the best player?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Barry Bannan is absolutely not the problem at SWFC. We’ve never played a system or style of play which was conducive to get the best out of him apart from Carlos’ first season. I think all managers in the championship would have him in their squads. 

He’s certainly one of the few players who cares for the club and gives his all. 

We must play with 3 in the middle next year and ideally get a big defensive unit in there to take the burden of the physical side in the middle. A bit of pace and movement higher up the pitch will help with his range of passing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Just remind me who sprinted back last night to try and stop their goal...where was everyone else?  

33 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Just remind me who sprinted back last night to try and stop their goal...where was everyone else?  

Was it the same player who gave the ball away for their equaliser? Trying a fancy pass instead of a simple one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Was it the same player who gave the ball away for their equaliser? Trying a fancy pass instead of a simple one.

That's what midfielders do occasionally but his stats say he is still in the top six in the division...we've got players who wont put the effort in nevermind running back in injury time to try and stop a goal...if you think Bannan is the problem with the team you need to go back and play Football Manager...no doubt you can get a new team in 15 mins...I wouldn't take any notice of Bruce who told us that it would take at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to change this team...I'm  sure you know better 

• Like 1

On 13/06/2020 at 04:32, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 09.33.09.jpg

I can honestly see Barry Bannan being the player that plays the best in the upcoming games.

The time off will have made him hungry to play again like every other player but I think he'll relish playing behind closed doors, away from the fans who get on his back.

I reckon he'll thrive and spring back into life.

I can also see Monk playing him further up the pitch too

Looking forward to seeing Barry Bannan in full flight and can see him being the one making things tick

Ouch!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's what midfielders do occasionally but his stats say he is still in the top six in the division...we've got players who wont put the effort in nevermind running back in injury time to try and stop a goal...if you think Bannan is the problem with the team you need to go back and play Football Manager...no doubt you can get a new team in 15 mins...I wouldn't take any notice of Bruce who told us that it would take at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to change this team...I'm  sure you know better 

You're like an overprotective parent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, should know better said:

Reminds me of Darren Potter, but I think Potter could get about the field better and possibly was the better passer. Both on a par at corner taking.

Looking forward to the usual mega bids for him, £500k would do it for me.

The most overrated player at Hillsborough in my time and constantly slows our play down. Any average midfielder given the ball to float in the majority of the time ought to get the most assists. Anyone believing he can tackle, track back or win enough headed duels is not paying attention.  He possibly exposes the back four more than any deep sitting midfielder in the division.

I genuinely don’t know if your taking p**s 😂

4 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

yes, but he gave 100% after and didn't pack in.

Always tried to be available for a pass, always confident under pressure.

Time for him and the rest of the 2016 team to move on. And take Bullen with them.