Barry Bannan

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 00.11.05.jpg

PLAYER WITH MOST CHAMPIONSHIP ASSISTS

Well this stat is a bit awkward for Welsh Owl and the others in the Barry Bannan hater club

Out of all the players in the Championship this season Barry Bannan has provided the 8th highest number of assists

Have a think about that for a second.

There are only 7 players out of all the players in every single team in the Championship that have created more goals than Bannan

All those midfielders, wingers, strikers in the Championship and Barry Bannan is EIGTH most dangerous player out of all of them

We haven't even played the whole season either - he's on track to beat last season's stats where he finished as the 5th most dangerous attacking player in the whole of the Championship

Not my words Carol.. the words of Top Gear Magazine....

I'm going to be interested in hearing how bad Bannan is from the haters after THIS bombshell stat dropped on them

Couldn’t recall where I’d heard the Carol Top Gear line...then I remembered. Brilliant.

Bannan is shear class. Plays virtually every minute of the season. Always wants the ball. Hates not receiving the ball. Rarely wastes it. Often starts an attack. Creates chance after chance. Works his nuts off. 

One of our 3 Rolls Royces, along with Fletcher and Reach.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Couldn’t recall where I’d heard the Carol Top Gear line...then I remembered. Brilliant.

Bannan is shear class. Plays virtually every minute of the season. Always wants the ball. Hates not receiving the ball. Rarely wastes it. Often starts an attack. Creates chance after chance. Works his nuts off. 

Be adding Iorfa to that soon aswell, if he is not there already.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Rolls Royce's legal department might have something to say about that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Be adding Iorfa to that soon aswell, if he is not there already.

Close imo.

Needs work on his positional sense and to learn to trap the ball !

But such a good player.

• Like 1

All I can deduce from those stats is that Hutch should be playing as well 😉

ps pens dont count and dead ball situations dont either. Youve been around here long enough to know that 🙄

Just shows how clueless some of our fanbase are if you hate Bannan.

Interesting thing I heard Micah Richards say yesterday on Sky. When Robinho first joined City it was difficult for him because he was head and shoulders the best player and everyone around him wasn’t at the same level.

Past couple of seasons the same has applied to Bannan. All the pressure is on him to carry the team and create chances, so when things don’t quite come off or he has a poor game for his high standards fans seem to get on his back. Under Carlos he was surrounded by quality players in FF, Hooper, Wallace, Lee - all on top form sharing the responsibility going forward. 

He’s a superb player and if we can get some more players who want to get on the ball and play a bit he’ll be even better.

Guest Theboylangers

I've been critical in the past of Barry but today showed just what he is all about.

Technically excellent, always where he needs to be to tidy things up for us. 

I think playing alongside Lee also helps him as they work well together. 

MOM thoroughly deserved by just a whisker from the excellent Wildsmith.