Barry Bannan

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A broken watch tells the correct time twice a day. Bannans goal return and assists are poor for a player who we seemingly have to play through. He is very limited as he can't challenge in the air, weak in the tackle, often caught out of position, offers little when we are out of possession and his set pieces are poo . We are so predictable with him in the side. Pass to Barry, watch him piroette on the ball, take 6 touches when one would suffice, passes back to centre half. Repeat.

Pretty much everyone in football disagrees with you mate

They point to his footballing skill, his footballing brain, his eye for a killer pass

So who should we agree with?

Footballing professionals who have watched him (including Pep Guardiola) and given their opinion?

Or Ronnie Starling on the internet who has an agenda against the wee man?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty much everyone in football disagrees with you mate

They point to his footballing skill, his footballing brain, his eye for a killer pass

So who should we agree with?

Footballing professionals who have watched him (including Pep Guardiola) and given their opinion?

Or Ronnie Starling on the internet who has an agenda against the wee 

No agenda. I just give my opinion on what I see on the pitch which is a lightweight overrated player that as a team we seem to have relied on as our playmaker for five seasons. It's not worked so maybe it's time for a different approach with new faces.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

No agenda. I just give my opinion on what I see on the pitch which is a lightweight overrated player that as a team we seem to have relied on as our playmaker for five seasons. It's not worked so maybe it's time for a different approach with new faces.

Bannan works brilliantly.

Some of the other components don’t. 

Look elsewhere for our problems. 

44 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I agree with you mate 

But on here, everyone else in the team is the problem and super Barry Bannan carries us 

He's so amazing that we've been battering off offers for the guy for the last 5 years, O wait 

• Like 1

Like any player he has strengths and weaknesses.

If the opposition expose his weaknesses understandably he struggles . He is key to us so we then struggle.

One of the biggest changes in football is the analysis and game planning that happens now. Means a player’s weaknesses are highlighted a lot more than 30 years ago. Eg we always struggle against Preston because they do a job on Bannan 

Needs to play in there with Luongo and Lee so we have players making runs and pushing the opposition back to create space for him to play.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A broken watch tells the correct time twice a day. Bannans goal return and assists are poor for a player who we seemingly have to play through. He is very limited as he can't challenge in the air, weak in the tackle, often caught out of position, offers little when we are out of possession and his set pieces are poo . We are so predictable with him in the side. Pass to Barry, watch him piroette on the ball, take 6 touches when one would suffice, passes back to centre half. Repeat.

Yep  your right. 

Who would you play with joey. 

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Yep  your right. 

Who would you play with joey. 

My opinion doesn't matter. It's the ex pro's and professionals that count or something like that. Give a tribe of monkeys finite time typewriters and paper and eventually they will come up with the works of Shakespeare. Give that amount of time to Bannan and co and we might see one game where we dominate midfield.

• Like 1

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

My opinion doesn't matter. It's the ex pro's and professionals that count or something like that. Give a tribe of monkeys finite time typewriters and paper and eventually they will come up with the works of Shakespeare. Give that amount of time to Bannan and co and we might see one game where we dominate midfield.

Who played in Midfield during our magnificent run up to Christmas?

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Literally nobody has said that 'on here'

Give over 

Are your eyes painted on 

The depths people go to defend bannan is actually hilarious 

When reality is he is just above average championship player 

His stats for a guy whose been here for 5 years are pathetic for a guy who dictates 95% of our game

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Who played in Midfield during our magnificent run up to Christmas?

Why do you keep banging on about Christmas, no league in history of football has finished at Christmas 

'Sheffield Wednesday are relegated, ah well we had a good run up til christmas' 

As already said, you hear pundits and tip managers saying how good bazza is when we're on TV. But you've got to ask, WHY is it that all these experts think he's a top player yet he's playing for us and not a top championship/lower prem side?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Give over 

Are your eyes painted on 

His stats for a guy whose been here for 5 years are pathetic for a guy who dictates 95% of our game

What are his stats (I genuinely don't know)?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Why do you keep banging on about Christmas, no league in history of football has finished at Christmas 

'Sheffield Wednesday are relegated, ah well we had a good run up til christmas' 

You're SUCH an angry person

lol

Imagine getting up and wanting to spout off hate about Barry Bannan all the time

Stop getting all angrymad and forceful and explain to us, properly, with stats and details, why we should listen to you and start hating Barry Bannan

If you put up a decent argument, statistically backed with absolute FACTS then I'll listen and will be the first to hold my hands up and say you were right and I was wrong.

Fair?

Over to  you.....

Convince us

• Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

As already said, you hear pundits and tip managers saying how good bazza is when we're on TV. But you've got to ask, WHY is it that all these experts think he's a top player yet he's playing for us and not a top championship/lower prem side?

Because we've underperformed the second half of this season.

It's literally THAT simple

Where were we at Christmas? 3rd?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're SUCH an angry person

lol

Imagine getting up and wanting to spout off hate about Barry Bannan all the time

Stop getting all angrymad and forceful and explain to us, properly, with stats and details, why we should listen to you and start hating Barry Bannan

If you put up a decent argument, statistically backed with absolute FACTS then I'll listen and will be the first to hold my hands up and say you were right and I was wrong.

Fair?

Over to  you.....

Convince us

10 goals in 5 years for a 'attacking midfielder

Who takes the freekicks, has 95% of our ball 

If that's impressive to you then we are in big trouble 

Let me ask you this

If your claims of Bannan been so brilliant 

Which clubs have put a bid in for him?

Why did he fail at 2 Premier league clubs? 

Why can't he get in a terrible Scotland team?

As for pundits saying bannan is brilliant, bet they was wasn't watching him doing F*ck all useful during the last month of this season 

Show me stats where it shows Bannan is such a wonderful player 

And again being 3rd at Christmas means absolutely nothing, it isn't a achievement 

15 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Give over 

Are your eyes painted on 

If he's just above championship standard he's better than most of the rest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because we've underperformed the second half of this season.

It's literally THAT simple

Where were we at Christmas? 3rd?

Not taking about this season, pundits have been banging on for the last few years about him and we've not had to bat away bids.

Take a look at the season that everyone says is the best they've seen over the last 10 years, Carlos's first year. Bannan wasn't the dictator he his now, in fact he was hardly involved in any of our decent games. Back then when everything clicked in into place the main guys were hooper, Wallace and lee.

Edited by agentwalker