BREAKING - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY STATEMENT

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Good evening Mick 

Can I call you Mick ?

You dont have to purchase any games to watch on TV 

They are free to view 

Can i say your guitar on Suffragette City was sublime .....

Hope this hasn't offended you in any way 

Xx

I'll sort something out nearer the time for you ..

Loved Slaughter on Tenth Avenue also  .......

1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

Also, some supporters will be due a bigger refund than others depending on where they sit and when they bought their ST.

Fans going for the ifollow option who paid full price for a South Stand ST will get the same benefit as those with much cheaper early bird Kop ST. This may mean that the club end up paying lots of refunds with people then buying ifollow passes with the cash.

Could refund mine and let the young un keep his junior ST for I follow 🙂

Not sure my conscience would allow it though.

1 hour ago, dr. benway said:

If you get a refund, are you banned from owning a season ticket again? :ph34r:

You're just trying to get our hope's up aren't you.  

1 hour ago, dr. benway said:

If you get a refund, are you banned from owning a season ticket again? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad

If anybody is urging anybody to do anything - surely it should be to do whatever feels right to them?

Whilst we technically still

could be promoted or relegated this season, I don’t care. It’s irrelevant. This season will always have an asterisk after it. No fans = no football.

I don’t need the money back. But I expect it back. I’ve no interest in watching the sham games behind closed doors. And they’re nothing but a sham. 

Sport behind closed doors isn’t sport. I hope the whole lot goes bust because of this. Not just football, but rugby, cricket, F1 and everything else. Only through that will the hold of the TV companies be released. 

If the club tries to impose a “deal” on me for next season to replace the games I’ve already paid for because I bought an early bird renewal, I don’t think I’d ever buy a ticket or any official merchandise again under the current administration.

• Like 2

Each to their own, personally I'll take the stream option for this season and take a loss....this is no ones fault at SWFC

If it includes away games as well... as is suggested then its pretty much like for like financially and I'll actually save money when factoring matchday costs

Be interesting to see though how many people will be asking on the internet "any live streams?" after getting their refunds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I didn't expect a pro rate refund tbh...fair play to Wednesday...

I would probably have had a lot say about it had they not given that option.

Given that DC has decided to play fair with the fans, I think I might look at the donation options...

I hate watching us on the telly, so its not so much a philanthropic gesture as an I can't be ar *ed one.

If theres an NHS donation option...i'll probably do that

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

Guest freerole
10 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

It has to be option 2, then purchase iFollow; especially if you have more than 1 season ticket holder in your household

So you end up making money? Hardly fair on the rest is it?

10 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I urge everyone to get a full refund while ever the players are taking full pay home 

I would urge everyone that can afford it to do completely the opposite! The club's complete lack of revenue recently has been determined by covid, something which is entirely out of their hands. The club is already on its knees financially. If you can afford it, please support them and leave your cash with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3