BREAKING - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY STATEMENT

Guest paulvcooke
35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 20.07.49.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday can inform supporters that we are finalising details on a number of pro rata rebate options for fixtures missed in the 2019/20 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The EFL have this afternoon confirmed the ability for Season Ticket holders to potentially access remaining home and away games via the iFollow streaming service, which we can now incorporate as a further rebate option.

Additional details related to live streaming access will be issued to clubs next week, after which we will be in a position to communicate the full range of alternatives for supporters.

Other options will include a pro rata refund, equivalent value in ticket credit, merchandise points or donation opportunities.

We would like to issue a vote of thanks for your patience during these unprecedented and challenging times.

Seems fair enough to me, not sure what else they can offer.

Guest Ronson
28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I want ( and expect) to be given the option of a refund for the FULL value of the remaining games. Then I can decide myself weather I wish to purchase I follow to watch the games 

Are/will the games be available to purchase in the UK to view that is?

Guest Ash76
28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I want ( and expect) to be given the option of a refund for the FULL value of the remaining games. Then I can decide myself weather I wish to purchase I follow to watch the games 

You've mentioned that numerous times then have it confirmed you can and feel the need to repeat it. Strange.

Guest paulvcooke
2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Is the donation to the club or charities? If the donation is to say the children’s hospital this could be the option I choose over a refund. 

It says opportunities, the use of the plural leads me to think there will be more than one/a range of options. Guess we will find out next week.

22 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Are/will the games be available to purchase in the UK to view that is?

Good evening Mick 

Can I call you Mick ?

You dont have to purchase any games to watch on TV 

They are free to view 

Can i say your guitar on Suffragette City was sublime .....

Hope this hasn't offended you in any way 

Xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Ronson
6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Good evening Mick 

Can I call you Mick ?

You dont have to purchase any games to watch on TV 

They are free to view 

Can i say your guitar on Suffragette City was sublime .....

Hope this hasn't offended you in any way 

Xx

Oh, thanks for answering mate, thought I'd frightened everyone off. You can call me Mick if you like but the Ronson refers to the instrument used for igniting cigarettes etc.

If they're free to view, why would they be offering them as part recompense for lost matches to season ticket holders, I'm a bit confused to be quite honest with you. 

Edited by Ronson

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It seems that is the case looking at the options, however......

56 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm not a fan of the implication of iFollow OR credit.  The two are by a distance not of equivalent value!

I agree with you on this but as Neil pointed out in another thread when I raised this point, you could take a full pr-rata refund and then purchase 9 games on I-Follow at £10 each and have the difference in your pocket.

Just waiting for the terms and conditions to state that if you take a refund you will be frozen out of I-Follow for the season just like with season ticket refunds and going to games a couple of seasons ago! :Chansiri:

If it is all 9 games on ifollow then maybe DC would convince me. I get to see all the games and Wednesday keep my cash. Seems like a fair compromise to me. Obviously if you have more than one ST holder in your household then this might not work for you.

Also, some supporters will be due a bigger refund than others depending on where they sit and when they bought their ST.

Fans going for the ifollow option who paid full price for a South Stand ST will get the same benefit as those with much cheaper early bird Kop ST. This may mean that the club end up paying lots of refunds with people then buying ifollow passes with the cash.

3 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

If it is all 9 games on ifollow then maybe DC would convince me. I get to see all the games and Wednesday keep my cash. Seems like a fair compromise to me. Obviously if you have more than one ST holder in your household then this might not work for you.

Depends partly on schedule and timings of midweek games and what's happening with the red button. 

6 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Does I-Follow only work on one mobile phone/tablet at a time?

Owlstalk Shop