BREAKING - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY STATEMENT

Guest Mcguigan

Refunds a bonus for the 5-6k season ticket holders that had stopped attending games anyway.

My location meant I always missed 6 or 7 fixtures a season and I accepted that when a bought a season ticket. Missing another 5 fixtures, in what has been another dead rubber season, doesn't worry me too much.

The club can keep my money.

9 minutes ago, Bobbob said:

I would urge everyone that can afford it to do completely the opposite! The club's complete lack of revenue recently has been determined by covid, something which is entirely out of their hands. The club is already on its knees financially. If you can afford it, please support them and leave your cash with them.

The club isn’t a charity. Chansiri even said our ticket money contributes nothing to the running of the club.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bobbob said:

I would urge everyone that can afford it to do completely the opposite! The club's complete lack of revenue recently has been determined by covid, something which is entirely out of their hands. The club is already on its knees financially. If you can afford it, please support them and leave your cash with them.

It’s not Oxfam it’s a millionaires toy...„Your tickets don’t pay for anything“

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Refunds a bonus for the 5-6k season ticket holders that had stopped attending games anyway.

My location meant I always missed 6 or 7 fixtures a season and I accepted that when a bought a season ticket. Missing another 5 fixtures, in what has been another dead rubber season, doesn't worry me too much.

The club can keep my money.

There never was 5-6 thousand season ticket holders that stopped away FACT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Grandad
22 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

There never was 5-6 thousand season ticket holders that stopped away FACT

This is true

It was more like 3k

Can't believe people are asking for refunds.

The club is in financial dire straits, and season ticket holders need to back the Chairman and gift the money to the club.

We need to rebuild the whole squad, and it won't be cheap.

• Haha 5

Guest Smackavolley
10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The club is in financial dire straits, and season ticket holders need to back the Chairman and gift the money to the club.

Circumstances will dictate for many. Many fans will be in dire straits. Furloughed without FULL pay. Many will have lost their livelihoods. 

The options are there and whatever people choose, I don't think they should be open for criticism.

Guest The Claw

More than one season ticket in a household do you watch it on ifollow twice, three or four times, or do we all go round the relative/friends. Too many choices and could get messy. Simple pro-rata refund or credit towards the next season ticket, two choices and no mess.

Interesting debate this one.  

I do love SWFC and I myself have a 10 year season ticket. However, it does irritate me that people are asking others to leave their money in the club and not ask for refunds. Each and every person on here can do what they like and they shouldn’t feel guilty about it. I’ve personally put £5,000 their way- it’s a lot of money! 
If the club was in such a mess, they should surely be asking the players who are extremely well paid, to take a small pay cut. Can you imagine how much money the club would save if our high earners just gave back £1,000 a week during this summer period while nobody has been playing. 

I think whatever you decide to do, that’s fine. Otherwise the club wouldn’t even give you that option! 
anyone who decides to leave their money in the club, fair play to them.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG

People still find things to moan about even though there should be enough options to suit everyone.

20 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We have spent an absolute fortune in the past and it hasn’t got us any further to the Premier League. I would personally prefer the club to invest wisely in the recruitment team. Some of our best performers recently, have been young players, cheap buys, loans and freebies. The likes of Iorfa, Harris, Palmer, Penney, Hunt, Luongo, Bannan, Fox, Westwood, Murphy, Borner, Lees, ......I could go on, we really don’t need to be spending big money on the likes of Rhodes anymore. 

37 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

1157210296_tenor(14).gif.167677f5a04eb91bc56f8e5eae093cd6.gif

• Haha 2

If I have interpreted things correctly kids season tickets could prove to be even better value than before. 

My sons season ticket cost £23 (whatever you think about Mr C his child pricing has been superb and is probably the only area where we are ahead of the blunts I believe the equivalent ticket at the sty is £75) so I can assumby claim a streaming pass on his ticket for effectively £1 a game and then get a refund /credit note etc on mine? 

3 minutes ago, Sir Says said:

If I have interpreted things correctly kids season tickets could prove to be even better value than before. 

My sons season ticket cost £23 (whatever you think about Mr C his child pricing has been superb and is probably the only area where we are ahead of the blunts I believe the equivalent ticket at the sty is £75) so I can assumby claim a streaming pass on his ticket for effectively £1 a game and then get a refund /credit note etc on mine? 

The aim isn't to fleece the club for as much as possible.

When did season ticket holders become so fickle ?

Guest Grandad

Saturday

Wake up. Remember it's still lockdown. Sigh. Remember the Mrs has got you an almond croissant for breakfast. Rally briefly. Remember there's really not much to do today. Sigh again. Consider improving your Pacman high score. Big sigh

YAAAAAAAAAY

The day just got interesting again 😂

If you don't need your money give it a proper cause such as the children's, bluebell wood hospice etc. These charities are DESPERATE for donations. Not a club run by a wealthy owner with employees earning eye watering salaries. 

Ps match day staff etc are on furlough

• Like 4