How Happy (out of 10) Are You re: Joey Pelupessy New Contract

How Happy (out of 10) Are You re: Joey Pelupessy New Contract  

430 members have voted

1. 1. How Happy (out of 10) Are You re: Joey Pelupessy New Contract

12 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I would do the same on his wage. Doesn't make me a footballer though.

It’s a shame some of the highly paid players we’ve had and still got don’t have the same attitude as you. I don’t care if your Messy, if you’re not on the pitch you’re not a footballer.

I understand why we’ve extended his contract. We’re in a situation right now where we’re in danger of losing a lot of players before the season has even finished, and then we have a rebuild on for next season.,..with what budget?

I voted 1 because I had to be honest. It says a lot about what our expectations need to be for signings and the next few years. 

He was never going to turn a contract down, hopefully by some miracle he starts contributing, but I think most people would question this extension and his ability. I genuinely wish him the best but he’s simply not been very good.

I hope the lad doesn’t read owlstalk for his own sake. 

Be best to judge recruitment and contract offers once we know which division we’ll be in next season.

If the expected points deduction leads to relegation, don’t expect to see Bannan, Reach Iorfa in Wednesday colours again even if they are currently under contract. We’ll be scratching a team together with the likes of Pelupessy if that’s the case.

10 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

If I lived in England I would not go to games until Monk is out based on this decision. He hasn’t got a clue!!

Jeez if  we all stopped going because we didn't agree who the manager was picking I doubt I'd have  been more 30 times .....we support the club who the players / managers are is immaterial .

18 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Behave, he's nowhere near that bad.

Plus he could be useful in L1 next year.

Thing is he is.

Its not like hes bad on the ball or lazy or not in love with the club he does seem to be, but i have never seen someone with less influence on a game on a regular basis than him. It is technically like playing with 10 men.

All this i can see why we have done it, i really cant. We would have been better off saving his wage and giving Liam Waldock a run in the team.

This along with Monk not being sacked is more than very worrying.

Guest Jack the Hat
21 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Compared to Joey, big Dave would be a galactico signing....at least he is effective some of the time

Spot on. JP is a defensive midfielder who can’t tackle or make defence splitting passes so is effectively useless. Which he has proven time and time again. Nuhui is inconsistent but does and has brought things to the table whilst he has been here. There is a point to bringing him on under the right circumstances - there is no point starting or finishing with JP

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, torryowl said:

Jeez if  we all stopped going because we didn't agree who the manager was picking I doubt I'd have  been more 30 times .....we support the club who the players / managers are is immaterial .

Normally I’d agree but not after this decision. Pelupessy is absolutely appalling and keeping him shows how inept Monk is. He has to go

Everyone knows he ain't good enough and joey probley would admit himself he needs to step up 

He now has a season to prove the doubters wrong 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2020 at 15:55, TheGaffer said:

Voted 1 because there isn't a zero option. Don't care if we are skint playing someone who in effect takes us down to 10 men each game he is involved with is the worst possible choice. 

THIS

Wouldn't get in the Rochdale side

3/10.

given the number of bodies we’re set to leave in two months time, he is at least a body that can be utilized.....

As a doorstop. Or a draft excluder. Or an umbrella stand. Or an egg whisk. Or firewood.

take your pick.

Edited by Wor’Jackie

5 minutes ago, Wor’Jackie said:

3/10.

given the number of bodies we’re set to leave in two months time, he is at least a body that can be utilized.....

As a doorstop. Or a draft excluder. Or an umbrella stand. Or an egg whisk. Or firewood.

take your pick.

He'd be useless as firewood, he would just sit there staring at the flame, but never actually getting close enough to it to burn.

• Haha 2