How Happy (out of 10) Are You re: Joey Pelupessy New Contract

How Happy (out of 10) Are You re: Joey Pelupessy New Contract  

430 members have voted

1. 1. How Happy (out of 10) Are You re: Joey Pelupessy New Contract

If its preparing for and competing in League One then it isn't a bad player to have (so score of 7) but if we're serious about being competitive and surviving in the Championship then its some way off, putting it diplomatically!, of the quality needed (so score of 2).

Personally, I've seen where we end up with signings/contract extensions like this. Too many and you end up in the place you deserve to be.

Edited by Owl Be Back

5 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

He is that bad. Can't pass. Can't shoot (barring the miracle against Millwall away, I was there BTW), can't tackle. Can't track a man. Can't occupy opponents. Yes he is that bad

Apart from that he's OK? 

Too much of a passenger. There are games where his fouls conceded exceeds his number of touches. I was also there to witness it when he was still passing to bazza when bazza was on the bench. Not the standard we should be accepting. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

Gets slated for too often,in a team full of confidence I believe his footballing skills would show more.

There is a decent player in there,Hope lad proves most people wrong.

7/10 for me

Oh don't get me wrong I hope he proves everyone wrong, I've just not seen a glimpse of anything that makes me believe he's any better than JOC. League 1 at best!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Wish there was a zero here. He’s the WORST player in the squad. Can’t believe he’s staying.

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Wish there was a zero here. He’s the WORST player in the squad. Can’t believe he’s staying.

.he's not very good but on the performances this season then that's got to be westwood and lees …..they've cost us games don't think joey as .

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

only fair to add Dawson and Moses to that list then. 

cant argue with that …..the club as a load of problems and joey signing for another year is way down the list of them …...

40 minutes ago, torryowl said:

.he's not very good but on the performances this season then that's got to be westwood and lees …..they've cost us games don't think joey as .

Don't want to continually bash him.  hope given the fact he's here for another season he has me eating a huge slice of humble pie.

However the above only takes in to account the final mistake. Every single member of that squad has cost us games this season. It's not just about who fumbles it or makes a sloppy pass or misses a tackle. It's a team game however the team is not as strong when he's played and therefore he has cost us games. 

I would rather the club raffle off a place in the line up for a fan each week they would probably do better. Nice bloke but probably one of the worst if not the worst i have seen at a club. Sure he blagged his way as a footballer like that guy in the 90s at southampton.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Absolutely ridiculous comment. Joey costs us games by just being in the team. It’s like playing with then men. He offers absolutely nothing. He may have a good attitude but then again so do I. Does that mean I’m good enough to play for the Owls. If I lived in England I would not go to games until Monk is out based on this decision. He hasn’t got a clue!!

So, with this bit of news, all the people who have been saying monk should keep his job to oversee the clear out, how do you justify this decision? For me, if we are having a clear out he should be the first through the door, not the first to get a contract!

There you go, the 1's have it.

As disappointed as I am with this news I feel the silver lining may be the effects of Covid-19 bringing the standard of the Champ down to JP's level...... lol

What the f*ck has happened to Syd's head, its like it was cut out with a knife and fork!!! 

6906435C-D52D-4041-9460-9AE34EC63E81.gif.321ced3ab9c32871717e50a036f22c30.gif

• Haha 1