Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

He'll not be on huge wages, Monk knows what he's getting with him and he obviously sees he's worth another year. He could know what the outcome of the charge is likely to be, and if its relegation then Joey should be OK in league 1. He knows the club so wouldn't have to settle etc. If we're still in the championship then I expect him to be cover. 

I'm a bit meh about it all to be honest, this news has neither enthused nor depressed me. I'll wait until I've seen what happens between now and the start of next season before I throw my toys out and spit my dummy. 

• Like 2

The problem with the ‘Monk will know what he’s getting’ argument is you know you’re getting a player completely out of his depth that wouldn’t be any use in the league below. 

Even at his worst Fox showed glimpses of ability and understanding. I can’t recall one good game Pelupessy has had. 

I’d rather take the gamble on a kid or someone from the leagues below, than carry on betting on a player we know we won’t win with. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The problem with the ‘Monk will know what he’s getting’ argument is you know you’re getting a player completely out of his depth that wouldn’t be any use in the league below. 

Even at his worst Fox showed glimpses of ability and understanding. I can’t recall one good game Pelupessy has had. 

I’d rather take the gamble on a kid or someone from the leagues below, than carry on betting on a player we know we won’t win with. 

This is it for me. Even 5 good games a season I could understand a 1yr deal as a back up. But he’s honestly wretched in every game.

Would struggle in League 1, which gives you an idea of how utterly hopeless he currently looks in the championship,

Who the hell is his agent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

This is it for me. Even 5 good games a season I could understand a 1yr deal as a back up. But he’s honestly wretched in every game.

Would struggle in League 1, which gives you an idea of how utterly hopeless he currently looks in the championship,

Who the hell is his agent 

I honestly don’t understand who at the club has been sufficiently impressed with Pessy to offer him an extension. Like you say in every single game he has been a passenger and looked so poor. Pathetic from the club. If it is Monk that has liked what he has seen I’m very worried about future signings he will want to make. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I honestly don’t understand who at the club has been sufficiently impressed with Pessy to offer him an extension. Like you say in every single game he has been a passenger and looked so poor. Pathetic from the club. If it is Monk that has liked what he has seen I’m very worried about future signings he will want to make. 

If it’s to do with him being a nice bloke and a trier then he’s got his justifications completely wrong. Every player should hold those qualities as a bare minimum

It’s the other dozen attributes he’s missing 

• Like 1

Problem is that after everything that went on with our club we were desperate for a reset, the fresh start.

Resigning Polupessy signals that club intents to keep an with how we were doing and to me it feels so, so depresive :sad:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Fantastic. 

He knows the club 

He’s cheap 

He won’t moan when he’s not playing

He’ll be good in the dressing room

Roll on next season.

wouldnt it be nice though if he had something positive to offer on the pitch. 

21 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Fantastic. 

He knows the club 

He’s cheap 

He won’t moan when he’s not playing

He’ll be good in the dressing room

Roll on next season.

You’ve just described what qualities you’d look for in a kitman. 

• Haha 6

Pelupessy has the potential to become one of the more influential midfield generals in the history of Sheffield Wednesday. His flamboyant style and attacking flair, combined with his passing and shooting ability, plus his  tenacious tackling, make him one of our most valuable players.

I have no faith at all in Monk and the club to give us the clear out we need, to put together a team of players that are winners. Would not surprise me at all if the squad for next season is almost identical to the current bunch of wasters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this shows how bad our finances are going to be next season.

With potentially vastly limited ticket / sponsorship money next season don’t expect too much from this summers recruitment.

Its going to be tough for lots of teams and players.

• Like 1