Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

7 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s a no brainer from a business perspective. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

To let him go means we’d have to replace him. Bare in mind that our other CDM’s are Sam Hutchinson who’s deal is also expiring and won’t be renewed...and Luongo who’s injury record speaks for itself.

The club will be more aware than anyone as to how bad our financial situation is, the likelihood of a transfer ban (or even worse a points deduction) - and therefore how the land lies in terms of being able to sign players and of what standard in the next couple of seasons.

Joey is cheap. Clean injury record. Keeps himself in good condition. Happy to be here. Seems like a good enough bloke around the club. 

Id have been shocked if he wasn’t offered a deal. It’s not ideal and I bloody hope he’s not a starter. I hope he’s a ‘just incase we need him’ filler player. 

I would much rather trust a youngster. BUT we’re not the club we were back in 2016. We’re really on dodgy ground and it’s gonna take a whole restructuring to get us back to where we were.

All in all I think we’re gonna have to go backwards to go forwards, and accept that players like Joey are gonna be a part of that.

There are around 1,400 free agents in the football league alone. It wouldn't be too difficult to find a couple that are cheap, young, capable of improving and might have a sell on value in a couple of years.

You can't say 'I hope he's not a starter' and will be a 'just in case we need him player'. He didn't begin this season as a starter and we have needed him a lot and he has not been anywhere near good enough. 

He seems like a decent bloke and I'm not going to take the p*ss out of him as he is someone who will always give his all but sadly his all is not good enough for us at this time. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Think you’re hitting the nail on the head though.

I personally think we are gonna start sliding down the league. I think we’re preparing for that. 

Need to start saying our goodbyes to our better players.

If we are preparing to start sliding down the league then perhaps the club shouldn't still be charging ticket prices that reflect a spending structure to push for the Premier League?

• Like 5
7 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s people sat in the stand that would more than fulfill that profile

There are people sat in the stand that are happy to be there?

It's interesting that some who have been so bullish about our chances of not losing the case or being heavily charged by the EFL are now among those trying to justify this decision as we could well end up on the wrong side of a big hit. 

• Like 1

And this is the reality of the absolute mess our owner has put us in. 

We are having to give the likes of Pelupessy a new deal purely because we won't be able to replace him with a transfer embargo hanging over our heads. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There are around 1,400 free agents in the football league alone. It wouldn't be too difficult to find a couple that are cheap, young, capable of improving and might have a sell on value in a couple of years.

You can't say 'I hope he's not a starter' and will be a 'just in case we need him player'. He didn't begin this season as a starter and we have needed him a lot and he has not been anywhere near good enough. 

He seems like a decent bloke and I'm not going to take the p*ss out of him as he is someone who will always give his all but sadly his all is not good enough for us at this time. 

We don't have a great track record finding decent players when we have cash to spend. Not sure we would do any better with 1400 free agents?

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

We don't have a great track record finding decent players when we have cash to spend. Not sure we would do any better with 1400 free agents?

True, our record in the transfer market has been littered with mistakes free or paid for pretty much since after Fletcher signed onwards. We got Iorfa cheap and a couple of freebies we got in the summer looked decent in the first half of the season buut I'm sure Bruce managed to have a say in those deals. 

Even when Monk spent half of January slating the performance of the team as a whole we managed to find 3 loan players who have hardly improved matters and can't get a regular start.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Hugely underrated.

I can see him playing for the Republic of Ireland before too long. His Grandad is Irish. 

Paddy Pelupessy.

Paddy O'Plessepussy

• Haha 1

Be interesting what Monk would say if asked why he has got an extension. Probably something along the lines of Pessy has got a great attitude. Absolutely nothing about anything positive he provides on the pitch because the fact is he doesn’t. 

Guest ka58

Amazed we’ve offered him a new contract.

nothing particularly against him / don’t really rate him mind / what do we think were gonna get from him by extending his contract.

is he expected to develop? Do we think his value will increase?

both answers are no let’s face it.

11 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

It’s a no brainer from a business perspective. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

To let him go means we’d have to replace him. Bare in mind that our other CDM’s are Sam Hutchinson who’s deal is also expiring and won’t be renewed...and Luongo who’s injury record speaks for itself.

The club will be more aware than anyone as to how bad our financial situation is, the likelihood of a transfer ban (or even worse a points deduction) - and therefore how the land lies in terms of being able to sign players and of what standard in the next couple of seasons.

Joey is cheap. Clean injury record. Keeps himself in good condition. Happy to be here. Seems like a good enough bloke around the club. 

Id have been shocked if he wasn’t offered a deal. It’s not ideal and I bloody hope he’s not a starter. I hope he’s a ‘just incase we need him’ filler player. 

I would much rather trust a youngster. BUT we’re not the club we were back in 2016. We’re really on dodgy ground and it’s gonna take a whole restructuring to get us back to where we were.

All in all I think we’re gonna have to go backwards to go forwards, and accept that players like Joey are gonna be a part of that.

Neg 100

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I honestly don’t understand who at the club has been sufficiently impressed with Pessy to offer him an extension. Like you say in every single game he has been a passenger and looked so poor. Pathetic from the club. If it is Monk that has liked what he has seen I’m very worried about future signings he will want to make. 

It'll be DC and his stupid 'we are a family' bolix! Must think he's in Sister Sledge :biggrin:

You only have to walk in the vicinity of Hillsborough and DC classes you as part of his family ... The guys a fruitloop.

• Like 1