Who has been our dirtiest ever player?

No respect for any dirty players ours or others, seen too many of ours crippled and careers cut short due to them. 

Big difference between the hard but fair type and the out and out dirty. 

On 28/05/2020 at 12:15, PARKOWL said:

Curran, Hyde, Willson, Hirst, Megson, Geary all little niggly snidey players 

Andy Pearce was a hard man for me 

All those, as you say, were capable of the odd dirty tackle, and we've had "hard men", but in 50 years of watching Wednesday we have always, always been too nice. I don't think we've ever had a really dirty player who other teams were scared of. Leeds had at least 3 in one team, Hunter, Bremner, and Charlton. They won things, we didn't. 

Guest struckanerve
7 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

All those, as you say, were capable of the odd dirty tackle, and we've had "hard men", but in 50 years of watching Wednesday we have always, always been too nice. I don't think we've ever had a really dirty player who other teams were scared of. Leeds had at least 3 in one team, Hunter, Bremner, and Charlton. They won things, we didn't. 

It has certainly been the case since I've watched Wednesday (late 1980s onwards). We've had one or two players not scared of a physical battle but a nasty/dirty player I don't recall. I doubt the club would have put up with such a player, hence why Di Canio was treated in the manner he was -- one of the few nasty/dirty incidents I remember from a wednesday player.

On 27/05/2020 at 21:34, unkastav said:

Loved some of Loovens tackles in his last season here. Not dirty just slow and clumsy booting, one at lane and didnt he take someones crown jewels out one game too? Top man

imageproxy.jpg

• Haha 3

Just try and watch a Wednesday game in the eyes of the opposing supporters. Sam will keep fouling, deliberately and sometimes recklessly, until he gets booked. He is one of the most consistently dirty players in the league - maybe only Ben Pearson above him , but very close.

Problem with Sam is that he has no subtlety and will do it under the refs nose. So Id say Sam is dirty- yes, clumsy- no, clever- no but would still be in my first XI despite his obvious faults that never get resolved. 

On 29/05/2020 at 15:54, 31Dec1966 said:

Jonny Giles was the worst of that lot