Who has been our dirtiest ever player?

Got to be Norman Curtis, used to take the man, the ball, the linesman, basically everything in his way. When we had a penalty, another player would place the ball and Norman would start his run from about the halfway line before smashing the ball past the terrified goalie. Proper hard was our Norman. Don't make em like that anymore. Mind you, he wouldn't last long with today's referees, early bath every match!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Some of the less obvious ones

Deon Burton had some cute moves

Sibon loved a little trip or stamp on somebody's foot

JJ was capable of the odd horror tackle

I remember the game when Deon Dublin tried to headbutt Sibon, Deon came of worse though it broke his neck Sibon just went along like nothing had happened.

A very under rated player for us, he came the last season before relegation and his style of play made it look like he was not trying but scored some vital goals and generated so much power from his shots.

Guest Grandad

My Grandad ended up sat next to Brian Clough in the old stand at Millmoor for a night game many many years ago (late 1950s) and he predicted then that Peter Swan would play for England - said he was the best player in football who could kick the ball and the man both as hard as each other - at the same time

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

My Grandad ended up sat next to Brian Clough in the old stand at Millmoor for a night game many many years ago (late 1950s) and he predicted then that Peter Swan would play for England - said he was the best player in football who could kick the ball and the man both as hard as each other - at the same time

Richie Humphreys was famously labelled “the next Marco van Basten” by an admiring Johan Cruyff.

Owlstalk Shop

Curran, Hyde, Willson, Hirst, Megson, Geary all little niggly snidey players 

Andy Pearce was a hard man for me 

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

Not a Wednesday story but a game I remember on the tele years ago late 70s 

Chelsea v Middlesborough at Stamford Bridge (with the disabled vehicles parked on the touchline)

Ron Harris (at centre Forward late in his career) goes 50 -50 with Graham Souness without the ball .....

In today's money they both would be looking at 10 match bans ....

1982358300_imageproxy(2)(1).jpeg.4861ca8fb81f31fbe564b7d7fc5e8aa2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

Curran, Hyde, Willson, Hirst, Megson, Geary all little niggly snidey players 

Andy Pearce was a hard man for me 

Pearce was a let down for me on the hard man stakes, expected better

In my time watching Graham Pugh and Ken Knighton.

Their modus operandi seemed to be if it moves kick it, if it doesn't move kick it anyway! Ball or man, made no difference.