Wednesday & Utd Combined XI Since 1990

4 minutes ago, trev said:

I'm sorry but on which planet is a keeper who got 40+ caps for England not better than anything the pigs have had in net?

Ever.

Pathetic attempt at trying to please both sets of fans.

Wednesday team from early nineties.

The end.

I'm not being funny either, if it was team from last 18 months it would be pigs 11.

It's pretty simple.

Imo Kelly was a better keeper than Woods

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Where to start with this

WTF:

Looks like to me that the Star have done a joint 11 because the blades line up would look a bit embarrassing compared with the Owls lineup and it will only compound their inferiority complex. 

I wouldn’t give the left side of that formation much chance against many of the top flight‘s best 11’s from the same period. The right side however looks a little more promising...

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Forgot about Maguire. He’d probably partner Des Walker. Kyle Walker is a good player but as is the way with many players these days he’s more of an athlete than a top footballer 

For me you have to base it on how good they were when they played for us or them.. Maguire was a league 1 centre half there and didn’t really make it big for another couple of years.

1990-2019 I think my team would be 11 Wednesday players. You could make arguments for including some of their current side though. Which in itself is difficult still because they’re a good unit without many stand out individuals 

49 minutes ago, Geedee said:

The only Blades I can think of that come into the frame

Alan Kelly

Harry Maguire 

Kyle Walker

Brian Deane 

but any team based on 90 - 20 has to be Owls dominated

I dont  think  Dean would get in the team but I always rated him. So certainly on the bench

Kyle Walker played 2 games as a pig player, and another 26 on loan.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

The likes of Hirst, Waddle, Palmer, Di Canio, Nilsson and Walker would be considered amongst the very best players in the country at various periods. Arguably in the next tier you can add players like Sheridan, Pearson, Bright, Pressman and Carbone. I'm no authority on the Blades, but what do they have who can compete with them in the last 30 years? Brian Deane, Alan Kelly and... errr... ?

Alan Cork, that ginger skid mark who left us and shall not be named...

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

The only Blades I can think of that come into the frame

Alan Kelly

Harry Maguire 

Kyle Walker

Brian Deane 

but any team based on 90 - 20 has to be Owls dominated

I dont  think  Dean would get in the team but I always rated him. So certainly on the bench

Kyle Walker in front of Roland Nilsson.   What planet are you on?

With the exception of the goalkeeper, that team could only comprise of Wednesday players. 

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Henderson better than Woods. 

Chris Woods earned numerous England caps at Hillsborough. 

Henderson hasn’t earned a single one at the sty and there was more competition for the national side when Woods was playing.

These sorts of “best 11’s” are always a nonsense as they’d sooner try to keep both sets of fans happy rather than pick a best 11. Any independent sports journalist from elsewhere in the country would pick a Wednesday player for every single place in that side.

Woods

Worthington

Hinchcliffe

Emerson Thome

Pearson

Walker

Nillson

Petrescu

Palmer

Sheridan

Waddle

Alexanderson

Di Canio

Carbone

Hirst

All better than any of the players the pigs have suggested for this side and all better than the side they have right now.

Edited by TrickyTrev

Pressman

Nilsson

Walker

Pearson

Worthington

Waddle

Sheridan

Palmer

Carbone

Hirst

Bright

The star are just trying to appease both sets of fans.  They'll inevitably put Deane up front with Hirst, but he scored 14 Premier League goals for them.  Compared to Mark Bright's 48 for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The likes of Hirst, Waddle, Palmer, Di Canio, Nilsson and Walker would be considered amongst the very best players in the country at various periods. Arguably in the next tier you can add players like Sheridan, Pearson, Bright, Pressman and Carbone. I'm no authority on the Blades, but what do they have who can compete with them in the last 30 years? Brian Deane, Alan Kelly and... errr... ?

Erm.......Wilf Rostron? 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Kyle Walker in front of Roland Nilsson.   What planet are you on?

With the exception of the goalkeeper, that team could only comprise of Wednesday players. 

Cause he’s won several more trophies than roland nilson; probably that!

• Haha 2

Since 1990 is stupid from the Star's point of view.  You can't seriously make a case for any United players. Since 1995 or since 2000 is different gravy, admittedly.  Why since 1990? No debate.

Edited by September65

56 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Cause he’s won several more trophies than roland nilson; probably that!

He didn’t win those trophies at United though, he didn’t even play in the top division at United.

If the criteria for this side can include what players did at other clubs, we can also through Trevor Francis, Steve Nicol and Viv Anderson into the side.

Edited by TrickyTrev