Wednesday & Utd Combined XI Since 1990

12 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Kyle Walker in front of Roland Nilsson.   What planet are you on?

With the exception of the goalkeeper, that team could only comprise of Wednesday players. 

Roland is my favourite ever Wednesday player but look at the careers of both men and tell me who is the better player ( and kyle isn't finished yet).

If the criteria is you have to have played the best football of your career in Sheffield to qualify for this fsntasy team then Roland is in and Kyle doesn't get a look in but Woods, Des Walker, Francis and Waddle dont get in either because they all had their best spells elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Geedee said:

What is the minimum number of appearances required lol

A few more than 2 I would suggest.

But if we're having loanees then let's chuck Carson in the net and Barkley in midfield.

8 minutes ago, markowl said:

A few more than 2 I would suggest.

But if we're having loanees then let's chuck Carson in the net and Barkley in midfield.

I am not allowing loanees because the blades get ian rush lol

Pressman

Nillson Walker Pearson (Actully lifted a trophy) King

Waddle Sheridan Palmer Worhtington

Hirst Bright

No discussion needed!

Don't see any of there players finishing 3rd or getting to 3 cup finals in 2 years!

• Thanks 1

Fleck better than Niclas Alexandersson - a player who has 108 international caps and played in two world cups and two Euros. Good owd Star.

Worthington and Hinchcliffe are miles better than Stevens.

I'd put Kyle Walker before Nilsson though.

2 hours ago, Geedee said:

Roland is my favourite ever Wednesday player but look at the careers of both men and tell me who is the better player ( and kyle isn't finished yet).

If the criteria is you have to have played the best football of your career in Sheffield to qualify for this fsntasy team then Roland is in and Kyle doesn't get a look in but Woods, Des Walker, Francis and Waddle dont get in either because they all had their best spells elsewhere.

I'm sorry, 

Waddle and walker would still wee wee it in any Sheffield team just on there spells here. 

Mental comment 

3 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I'm sorry, 

Waddle and walker would still wee wee it in any Sheffield team just on there spells here. 

Mental comment 

I didn't say they wouldn't I said that both played their best football at other clubs.

Based on careers

Woods

Walker

Walker

Maguire

Hinchcliffe 

Waddle

Palmer 

Sheridan 

Alexandersson/Brunt

Hirst

Deane/Saunders/Bright

Based on actually at both clubs

Kelly

Nilsson 

Walker

Pearson 

Worthington

Waddle

Palmer

Sheridan

Alexandersson 

Deane/Bright

Hirst

2 hours ago, Geedee said:

Chris Waddle was named Football writers footballer of the year when he was at Wednesday.

There was a national media campaign headed up by the Daily Mirror to see him recalled into the England side based on his performances for Wednesday.

In the 1992/93 season he was the best player in the country.

3 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Based on careers

Woods

Walker

Walker

Maguire

Hinchcliffe 

Waddle

Palmer 

Sheridan 

Alexandersson/Brunt

Hirst

Deane/Saunders/Bright

Based on careers I’d say Trevor Francis, Paul McGrath and Steve Nicol walk into that side.

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

You literally said they 'don't get in either' 

Lol perhaps bad grammar on my part mate .

To clarify  woods, des walker , kyle walker,  waddle and Francis dont get in imo if the criteria is you have to have played your the best football of your career while playing at s Sheffield Club.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Based on careers I’d say Trevor Francis, Paul McGrath and Steve Nicol walk into that side.

Fair point

McGrath on for Maguire

Francis over Alexandersson 

Nicol or Walker... Tough one

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Chris Waddle was named Football writers footballer of the year when he was at Wednesday.

There was a national media campaign headed up by the Daily Mirror to see him recalled into the England side based on his performances for Wednesday.

In the 1992/93 season he was the best player in the country.

Perhaps so but I think he played better at Spurs and Marseille