EFL drop some of the charges

The EFL has written to the Club and informed it that the EFL has dropped all of the charges it issued against Mr Chansiri, Ms Meire and Mr Redgate on 14 November 2019.

Each of the individuals considers this a vindication of their defence of the charges. In the Club’s view this decision is a recognition of the strength of the evidence that the Club has filed before league arbitration panels, which demonstrated that there was no proper basis for the charges. 

The charges against the Club will proceed to a hearing and the Club will continue to vigorously defend those charges. No further comment will be made at this stage.

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The EFL has written to the Club and informed it that the EFL has dropped all of the charges it issued against Mr Chansiri, Ms Meire and Mr Redgate on 14 November 2019.

Each of the individuals considers this a vindication of their defence of the charges. In the Club’s view this decision is a recognition of the strength of the evidence that the Club has filed before league arbitration panels, which demonstrated that there was no proper basis for the charges. 

The charges against the Club will proceed to a hearing and the Club will continue to vigorously defend those charges. No further comment will be made at this stage.

does this mean we’ve lost the arbitration and now it’s about the extent of the penalty?

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Please Owlstalk help me here Mr Chansiri, Ms Meire and Mr Redgate are/were the representatives of the club in the actions taken. The Club, without the representatives is nothing more than an inanimate object. How do you bring a charge against an inanimate object ? I'm not a legal bod can you please explain ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Please Owlstalk help me here Mr Chansiri, Ms Meire and Mr Redgate are/were the representatives of the club in the actions taken. The Club, without the representatives is nothing more than an inanimate object. How do you bring a charge against an inanimate object ? I'm not a legal bod can you please explain ?

That's a fantastic point, it's not the club that has broke  the rules but individuals who are running the club.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Charges against the club are STILL ONGOING

People all over social media think we have totally beaten the EFL charges

WE HAVENT 

Some people don’t bother to read things properly, though it is a glimmer of good news.

4 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Only guessing,  but weren't DC & Co being charged for back dating the stadium sale? 

That's the bit that's been dropped. 

We're still being charged with breaching FFP/P&S the same way the other clubs are, for the way we've overvalued the stadium. 

Edited by The Batman

1 minute ago, hopevalleyowl said:

right okay so why has the club got to continue to defend charges? Or... are you saying we haven’t concluded the arbitration yet?

“The charges against the Club will proceed to a hearing and the Club will continue to vigorously defend those charges.“

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

So does it mean they're dropping the bit about dodgy accountancy? Date of sale etc

But going ahead with the FFP part about the overvalued stadium sale?

I interpret it as there is sufficient evidence to charge the club with financial wrongdoing and punish us accordingly. 

The SWFC statement, the first paragraph in bold, it is designed to indicate a victory for the club.

But this announcement definitely isn’t.

12 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

does this mean we’ve lost the arbitration and now it’s about the extent of the penalty?

It may mean we've lost the arbitration but if we have, there's still got to be a hearing and only if we lose this will we face a penalty.

• Thanks 1

Me too Owlstalk was/is looking to prolong the saga. Worry not Owlstalk, we can do that with defamation of carachter/hurt feelings, financial damage to the club and damage to our progress through the league structure; You can settle out of court if you wish but it will cost and it will hurt ! Up The Boro'  :tango:   

Was over the moon until I read the last paragraph. Arguably the most important change if I’m correct is the one against the club because that is the one that would come with a point deduction? Any idea what the EFL where saying the 3 of them had done wrong?