EFL drop some of the charges

My understanding is that we had been charged with an aggravated offence: without being bothered to recall the detail in full, the charge was not only that we had breached FFP, but we had submitted deliberately misleading information in defence of what we had done. Hence the charges against individuals, who essentially were being deemed not fit/proper.

The charges against individuals have gone, which implies that we are down to a bog standard FFP breach rather than the aggravated offence. Which means in turn that the worries about 21pt+ reductions have reduced, which in turn means that had the season continued any reduction would be unlikely to be enough to relegate us, even on the current dire form.

Yesterday, woodpeckers were deafening in the trees, and the owls were clearly audible at bed time. The daffodils are everywhere. Our rhubarb patch, seemingly dead two weeks ago, is almost ready for first takings. We saw our first lambs. There is always hope; hope and renewal. In the trivial sphere of Sheffield Wednesday, as much as the wider one of life.

• Like 1

The other big question is :Will the owner be allowed to use his wealth to prop up the club until the Corona Virus issue passes or would they prefer clubs to go under.

Profit and Sustainability rules will have to be suspended leaving any further charges looking a bit stupid.

6 minutes ago, akbuk said:

The other big question is :Will the owner be allowed to use his wealth to prop up the club until the Corona Virus issue passes or would they prefer clubs to go under.

Profit and Sustainability rules will have to be suspended leaving any further charges looking a bit stupid.

Good point. With current situation in the world, no matter when football returns, most if not all clubs, will post a loss this season. EFL won’t be able to charge everyone who goes over in 3 year period.

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Ok understand that bit, 

But what happens to the brick.

The brick basically stonewalled the whole enquiry, and it was eventually dropped as there was no concrete evidence.

FFS!

I'm so f*cking bored!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Is this why Redgate‘a toy shop closed down?

:duntmatter:

Where’s the guaranteed points deduction & relegation  posse this morning? 

:1276983839_MonkHome:

Who would want to fight along side of them in the trenches most would be shot at dawn

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What’s with the trying to goad people?

If i may,i don't see it as goading,i see it as asking those that were absolutely 100% confident that those posting  (stating) with conviction,that the club,Chansiri etc,were getting the punishments "deserved" just because they thought they knew without doubt,thats what will/would happen,i've always thought it best to say nowt  (until the litigious comments started) than make ya self left to be looking foolish,as enjoyable as it is.

All this now appears to be is the efl  and their interpretation of our suggested breaking of FFP/P&S.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

13 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Please Owlstalk help me here Mr Chansiri, Ms Meire and Mr Redgate are/were the representatives of the club in the actions taken. The Club, without the representatives is nothing more than an inanimate object. How do you bring a charge against an inanimate object ? I'm not a legal bod can you please explain ?

The company is a legal entity in it's own right. Companies can only operate because people act on it's behalf. It's not unusual for a company to be prosecuted for things 'it' has done which are against the law. ( health and safety breach, corporate manslaughter). A company can be prosecuted even if none of the company officers are.

All the statement means is the charges against the individuals have been dropped. It says nothing about the charges against the club so we are assume they are going ahead.

It's encouraging but that's all.

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Be pleased when the game show comes to an end. Same rules as Jackanory should apply the EFL have dropped some charges so they should have to pick up a similar number of Cabbages as instructed by Leslie Crowther.

Jackanory !?

:ohmy:

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

If i may,i don't see it as goading,i see it as asking those that were absolutely 100% confident that those posting  (stating) with conviction,that the club,Chansiri etc,were getting the punishments "deserved" just because they thought they knew without doubt,thats what will/would happen,i've always thought it best to say nowt  (until the litigious comments started) than make ya self left to be looking foolish,as enjoyable as it is.

All this now appears to be is the efl  and their interpretation of our suggested breaking of FFP/P&S.

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

I'm merely pointing out the fact that the doom & gloom anti DC posse might have got it wrong. Which is a good thing for us & the club. A bit of good news in these troubled times.

UTO. 

Just because Chansiri et al are not being charged for separate offences the fact remains that we as a club still faces charges for breaking FFP and still face the very real possibility of a points deduction, in fact I'd go as far as to say a points deduction is nailed on as it would have been thrown out like the other charges had there been no grounds to bring it to a hearing.

My disliking of Mr Chansiri boils down to the sheer level of incompetence he has shown in the running of the club and all whilst alienating sections of our great and loyal fan base.

I maintain this isn't going to end pretty for us and believe we face the very real prospect of relegation to league one or starting next season on minus points. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Just because Chansiri et al are not being charged for separate offences the fact remains that we as a club still faces charges for breaking FFP and still face the very real possibility of a points deduction, in fact I'd go as far as to say a points deduction is nailed on as it would have been thrown out like the other charges had there been no grounds to bring it to a hearing.

My disliking of Mr Chansiri boils down to the sheer level of incompetence he has shown in the running of the club and all whilst alienating sections of our great and loyal fan base.

I maintain this isn't going to end pretty for us and believe we face the very real prospect of relegation to league one or starting next season on minus points. 

We know what you think,to the point of having threads closed because of your "litigious" rubbish

You've been banging the "administration,we'll be the next portsmouth,coventry" drum for an age,all you've got now is the FFP/P&S and even that is looking spurious.

But you carry on fella.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1