EFL drop some of the charges

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Just because Chansiri et al are not being charged for separate offences the fact remains that we as a club still faces charges for breaking FFP and still face the very real possibility of a points deduction, in fact I'd go as far as to say a points deduction is nailed on as it would have been thrown out like the other charges had there been no grounds to bring it to a hearing.

My disliking of Mr Chansiri boils down to the sheer level of incompetence he has shown in the running of the club and all whilst alienating sections of our great and loyal fan base.

I maintain this isn't going to end pretty for us and believe we face the very real prospect of relegation to league one or starting next season on minus points. 

Chansiri said he's never done any dodgy dealing in his life. People with an axe to grind will never be appeased. That's their prerogative. The problem comes when month after month they moan on OT & predict all sorts of doomsday scenarios, while things are ongoing. You may be right. You will be vindicated.  

What I object to,  is people who want to see DC suffer, even though it brings the club down, just to prove themselves right. That's stupid.

Others that say they'd take a points deduction & relegation if it gets DC out of the club! That's stupid.

What sort of supporter wants the club to suffer, just to prove them right about the owner? I don't get that mindset.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

My understanding is that we had been charged with an aggravated offence: without being bothered to recall the detail in full, the charge was not only that we had breached FFP, but we had submitted deliberately misleading information in defence of what we had done. Hence the charges against individuals, who essentially were being deemed not fit/proper.

The charges against individuals have gone, which implies that we are down to a bog standard FFP breach rather than the aggravated offence. Which means in turn that the worries about 21pt+ reductions have reduced, which in turn means that had the season continued any reduction would be unlikely to be enough to relegate us, even on the current dire form.

Yesterday, woodpeckers were deafening in the trees, and the owls were clearly audible at bed time. The daffodils are everywhere. Our rhubarb patch, seemingly dead two weeks ago, is almost ready for first takings. We saw our first lambs. There is always hope; hope and renewal. In the trivial sphere of Sheffield Wednesday, as much as the wider one of life.

a 12 point deduction would put us in the bottom 3. A 9 point deduction would put us 4th from bottom only on goal difference. You really believe from what you have seen since Christmas that these players would have the fight to get us out of a relegation scrap if and when the season resumes?

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Chansiri said he's never done any dodgy dealing in his life. People with an axe to grind will never be appeased. That's their prerogative. The problem comes when month after month they moan on OT & predict all sorts of doomsday scenarios, while things are ongoing. You may be right. You will be vindicated.  

What I object to,  is people who want to see DC suffer, even though it brings the club down, just to prove themselves right. That's stupid.

Others that say they'd take a points deduction & relegation if it gets DC out of the club! That's stupid.

What sort of supporter wants the club to suffer, just to prove them right about the owner? I don't get that mindset.

I have never said I want a points deduction and relegation, its my belief we will get a deduction. The only thing I would like to more than us stopping up is for DC to sell up and take stuffing boy with him.

I too have seen poster on here making silly comments that they would take relegation if it meant DC walking, frankly I think relegation would be a disaster for us.

7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

We know what you think,to the point of having threads closed because of your "litigious" rubbish

You've been banging the "administration,we'll be the next portsmouth,coventry" drum for an age,all you've got now is the FFP/P&S and even that is looking spurious.

But you carry on fella.

Little bit touchy there fella, I've never once mentioned administration, I've never mentioned Coventry and as for "litigious rubbish" I think our club is rotten to the core and unlike some I have little problem in saying so.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I have never said I want a points deduction and relegation, its my belief we will get a deduction. The only thing I would like to more than us stopping up is for DC to sell up and take stuffing boy with him.

I too have seen poster on here making silly comments that they would take relegation if it meant DC walking, frankly I think relegation would be a disaster for us.

Little bit touchy there fella, I've never once mentioned administration, I've never mentioned Coventry and as for "litigious rubbish" I think our club is rotten to the core and unlike some I have little problem in saying so.

Amnesia is strong with you,i won't be able to find the relevant posts,because the threads were removed,and as for the "litigious rubbish",you carry on having no problem saying what ya think.

Grandad brought to owlstalk attention what happened to him,you'll get little sympathy if you get what he did.

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Amnesia is strong with you,i won't be able to find the relevant posts,because the threads were removed,and as for the "litigious rubbish",you carry on having no problem saying what ya think.

Grandad brought to owlstalk attention what happened to him,you'll get little sympathy if you get what he did.

Is it really.

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Is it really.

It must be,if you can't remember the thread that was eventually removed,through you having no problem saying what you think,it wasn't that long ago.

Something along the lines of liking us to being the next portsmouth etc.

5 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

It must be,if you can't remember the thread that was eventually removed,through you having no problem saying what you think,it wasn't that long ago.

Something along the lines of liking us to being the next portsmouth etc.

I have said we have more than a fair chance being the next Portsmouth and we still have, how is that "litigious".

Edited by Blue and white

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I have said we have more than a fair chance being the next Portsmouth and we still have, how is that "litigious".

Listen,you know as well as i do,it wasn't as simple as "i think we'll be the next portsmouth" there were litigious comments by you and others that meant the thread you started was removed,it was how you were comparing the guys behind portsmouth at the time and Chansiri of now.

It wouldn't have been removed if it was as  simple as you suggest,would it.

15 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Listen,you know as well as i do,it wasn't as simple as "i think we'll be the next portsmouth" there were litigious comments by you and others that meant the thread you started was removed,it was how you were comparing the guys behind portsmouth at the time and Chansiri of now.

Not guilty your honour, I don't even know who the guy is behind Portsmouth and nor do I care, I think all today's excitement may have sent you a bit silly.

I have stated on numerous occasions are club is rotten to the core, from top to bottom.

I have stated DC and stuffing boy will take this club to the brink of oblivion and I'll stand by that.

I have stated that the money wasted over the last 4 seasons has been nothing short of criminal and it was only a matter before FFP was breeched.

I have stated that being propped up by 3 companies that don't exist doesn't sit quite right.

You seem like a righteous man so please tell me.

When did you last take a D taxi.

When did you last drink Elev8.

When did you last see the business Chansiri attached to anything other than SWFC.  

Listen, Is it just me who finds that a little odd.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

Not guilty your honour, I don't even know who the guy is behind Portsmouth and nor do I care, I think all today's excitement may have sent you a bit silly.

I have stated on numerous occasions are club is rotten to the core, from top to bottom.

I have stated DC and stuffing boy will take this club to the brink of oblivion and I'll stand by that.

I have stated that the money wasted over the last 4 seasons has been nothing short of criminal and it was only a matter before FFP was breeched.

I have stated that being propped up by 3 companies that don't exist doesn't sit quite right.

You seem like a righteous man so please tell me.

When did you last take a D taxi.

When did you last drink Elev8.

When did you last see the business Chansiri attached to anything other than SWFC.  

Is it just me who finds that a little odd.

Right,last reply,you play the "not me guvnor" card,i'm done.

18 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I interpret it as there is sufficient evidence to charge the club with financial wrongdoing and punish us accordingly. 

The SWFC statement, the first paragraph in bold, it is designed to indicate a victory for the club.

But this announcement definitely isn’t.

i see  it as  DCs team putting a great fight up

37 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

20 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Right,last reply,you play the "not me guvnor" card,i'm done.

Are you related to John Cleese by any chance.

I'm literally wetting myself at your replies, all I have running through my head are various Monty Python sketchers.

In fact you shall be forever known as John.

lol

Edited by Blue and white

20 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

i see  it as  DCs team putting a great fight up

In clearing DC of any wrong-doing they have achieved their objective. 

I’m more concerned about the verdict that will be delivered about SWFC.

The fact that the club has put itself in this position is unacceptable.

One of the primary things any organisation should work toward is don’t give others the opportunity to question your behaviour.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Just because Chansiri et al are not being charged for separate offences the fact remains that we as a club still faces charges for breaking FFP and still face the very real possibility of a points deduction, in fact I'd go as far as to say a points deduction is nailed on as it would have been thrown out like the other charges had there been no grounds to bring it to a hearing.

My disliking of Mr Chansiri boils down to the sheer level of incompetence he has shown in the running of the club and all whilst alienating sections of our great and loyal fan base.

I maintain this isn't going to end pretty for us and believe we face the very real prospect of relegation to league one or starting next season on minus points. 

Don’t even think the ‘charges’ against the club have even begun arbitration so don’t really know what ur pining on about them not been ‘thrown out’ for 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

My worry is that we'll end up being the next Bury.

The overall financial landscape is going to change over the next 12 months. Many things could happen, but right now we are rapidly heading in the wrong direction, on and off the pitch.

One saving grace, and I can’t believe I’m thinking this, is that our owner might have to sink more money into this club just to keep us afloat.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Someone explain to me how we’ve broken FFP ??  If Chansiri is innocent of misconduct how are the accounts incorrect ?? 

There is a small matter that we went massively over the 39m we were allowed to lose over the 3 year period.

Whilst Mr Chansiri has been cleared of any wrong doing on a personal level there is still questions to answer as to how we came up with a 60m price tag for our  ground when it is worth a fraction of that, the accounts weren't submitted on time which raised suspicion amongst the EFL and the sale was back dated .

Like I say, whilst DC appears to have gotten away with it on a personal level we as a club still have a case on our hands and one that could have significant implications for our club. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Someone explain to me how we’ve broken FFP ??  If Chansiri is innocent of misconduct how are the accounts incorrect ?? 

Hence why I believe this is a good sign they have dropped the charges.