Is this guy reliable ?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Stopped reading at that point mate

Cliche

Sad times

So you won't answer any of my valid points because you've got the strop on at a little joke at your expense? Dear oh dear.

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The warning signs were there right at the beginning, and some of us voiced them back then. 

I questioned our recruitment from the off. The amount of players signed who contributed nothing or hardly featured was more than strange to say the least. 

But I’ll be the first to admit I got carried away with the Play Offs and that brief feel good factor. The problem is whilst DC was naive in getting into this, us fans were very naive too. We were and still are so desperate for success, that we got caught up in the excitement of splashing cash. 

The majority brushed all the question marks under the rug. The DC project was a short term gamble to get us up. It backfired and we are dealing with the mess 3 years on. And we will be dealing with it for many years to come yet. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not gonna debate with you if you can't be mature mate. No point

All the posts I've made on here lately about our plight and you think I'm being immature based on that one post so won't converse with me?

That's a really mature approach. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

All the posts I've made on here lately about our plight and you think I'm being immature based on that one post so won't converse with me?

That's a really mature approach. 

You've dug yourself into your own hole with this one mate

All that will happen is I'll give you my opinion on something and you'll respond with 'you're just saying that to get more owlstalk readers'

Therefore...

No point

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Reference the original post ,  he’s a good bloke and has been telling the doyen story for a while now 

Can’t see why he would have any reason to make owt up, everyone with any sense has always known Doyen were an issue,  it’s just a bit of a misconception that they were ‘employed’ by Dejphon Chansiri , am aware that doesn’t really fit with a few people’s agendas against the chairman but unfortunately it’s the truth , I would love to know if DC has a way out of the agreement or has ever had a way out , or if his naivety has just been taken advantage of 

The one thing that doesn’t add up to me is Steve Bruce’s appointment , that 110% would not have happened on Doyens watch and I feel that was a DC appointment , there must be room to manoeuvre within whatever this agreement with doyen is for Bruce’s appointment to have happened 

Doyen strike me as some kind of rouge landlords, he got shut to appoint Steve Bruce , they’ve let it go for a few months then come back sniffing blood believing they have a ‘right’ to be Involved 

Its all very strange and whoever initiated there involvement has a lot to answer for 

None of it is made up and it is very worrying but it is 4 years old and doesn't explain their current involvement or get us any closer to knowing the role of Paixao as things stand.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You've dug yourself into your own hole with this one mate

All that will happen is I'll give you my opinion on something and you'll respond with 'you're just saying that to get more owlstalk readers'

Therefore...

No point

I've said it once as a joke and you are going to refer to it every time. very mature.

Why will Hutchinson never play for us again even if Monk was sacked tomorrow?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I've said it once as a joke and you are going to refer to it every time. very mature.

Why will Hutchinson never play for us again even if Monk was sacked tomorrow?

See my above replies mate

Pointless debating with someone throwing the 'more owlstalk readers' cliche about

Have a good night

Up the Owls

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I know

To be fair though we get this a lot at Sheffield Wednesday. Fans believe that just putting things back in place that were here before solves all problems

Megson back, Carlos back, Westwood back, Hutch back etc etc

You never really see anyone looking forward or suggesting a new approach or a new person - it's always clutching at previous straws that have failed us before

I don't slate fans for it, it's simply clutching for familiarity that they believe will make things all ok again

It won't, and I don't believe that they really believe that anyway, but it's what they say/post to reassure themselves somehow when things are bad

Best thing I’ve read on here all day to be honest,  anyone who’s not having this is either in complete denial or just not in touch with the fan base 

We’re absolutely obsessed with looking back , how many fans would be buzzing if Bullen was in charge tommorow just because they knew he has the back bone of a rich tea biscuit dunked in a brew and would bring that pair straight back into side at weekend

Not the answer , we need to move on 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

None of it is made up and it is very worrying but it is 4 years old and doesn't explain their current involvement or get us any closer to knowing the role of Paixao as things stand.

Stuffing Man is like the Umbrella Man in the JFK assassination.

Everyone knows he was there and what he looks like but nobody can fathom out exactly what he was doing. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Makes absolutely no difference how old it is to be honest

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Give over mate I get lost looking for Google

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Look at what isn’t being said, as opposed to what is.

Look at the Executive Boxes, look at the sponsorship deals, look at the 10 year season ticket offers.

If you don’t, you end up like Bolton and Bury.

But with your name on the back of a seat.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

My opinion is that Stuffing man runs the club on a day to day basis because DC is only allowed to spend a certain amount of time in the country. 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Look at what isn’t being said, as opposed to what is.

Look at the Executive Boxes, look at the sponsorship deals, look at the 10 year season ticket offers.

If you don’t, you end up like Bolton and Bury.

But with your name on the back of a seat.

You only see what you want to see when you read between the lines

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not being suckered in by anything

Monk's said time and time again after games that he bears 100% responsibility for results

He's also hinted very strongly indeed that things aren't right at the club

Saying you are 100% responsible for results and saying that there is a deep rooted culture that is preventing the club being successful is a massive contradiction.

“I’m responsible, but I can’t do anything about it until Summer”