Is this guy reliable ?

Just now, McRightSide said:

Saying you are 100% responsible for results and saying that there is a deep rooted culture that is preventing the club being successful is a massive contradiction.

Not quite sure how to break this to you mate but it literally isn't

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You only see what you want to see when you read between the lines

So rather than criticising someone for doing that, present the alternative evidence so we can make our conclusions.

• Thanks 1

The whole club needs a new football infrastructure from top to bottom.

Piaxo out! New Director of Football in, new scouting/ recruitment team, new manager with their own backroom staff.

Then new a academy staff!

I want Monk gone but first and foremost either get rid of Chansiri or at least his advisors!

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You only see what you want to see when you read between the lines

That can be true.

But transparency, credible plans  and communication solves that.

Or, an underwater phone.

Its not that difficult if you’ve nothing to hide. That way, you take people with you.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You keep on believing Monk is the real issue at the club...

You're wrong but you keep on thinking that if it makes you happy

lol

Granted there are bigger issues facing the club but come on, Monk's decision making is all over the place.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not quite sure how to break this to you mate but it literally isn't

Afraid it is

Saying he’s responsible and then saying the culture is preventing proper performances.

So what’s the truth, does he have the responsibility for results or should he be allowed a free pass because of the culture (I.e not responsible for results)

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Saying you are 100% responsible for results and saying that there is a deep rooted culture that is preventing the club being successful is a massive contradiction.

Well it int. There can be all sorts of things going off above the managers head which hold a club back from being successful in all areas.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

None of it is made up and it is very worrying but it is 4 years old and doesn't explain their current involvement or get us any closer to knowing the role of Paixao as things stand.

Paixao is an advisor to Chansiri who has fizzed up in a big way. I think that's it, it's not some big conspiracy. 

Edited by flo

2 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Granted there are bigger issues facing the club but come on, Monk's decision making is all over the place.

Yep, totally agree here. I’ve been saying to all my Wednesday mates recently that there are issues throughout our club from top to bottom. However, Monk is not helping himself at all at the moment. Everyone could see that Dawson needs taking out of the firing zone, joey is nowhere near good enough and da Cruz is a development player at best. I looked at that team at 2pm and I immediately thought we would lose 4-0.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Afraid it is

Saying he’s responsible and then saying the culture is preventing proper performances.

So what’s the truth, does he have the responsibility for results or should he be allowed a free pass because of the culture (I.e not responsible for results)

I don’t think it’s that binary.

Monk good/bad.

And, that’s what most people want to discuss on here.

Personally, I think he’s underwhelming. But, I wouldn’t sack him without other guarantees/plans/visions, in place.

Its pointless.

If getting shut of Monk makes you happy - good for you. Monk is symptom of the complete rudderless position of the Club.

He’s irrelevant in the grand scheme. A patsy.

Which is why he was appointed.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Why doesn't he get rid of him then?

Good point. DC refuses to discuss him never mind explain his role. Almost as if saying his name 3 times makes him appear, like Candyman. 

He's involved in recommending and interviewing managers, recommending and signing players and appears with the squad on match days.

Seems he has a lot of involvement, over and above being an advisor. 

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t think it’s that binary.

Monk good/bad.

And, that’s what most people want to discuss on here.

Personally, I think he’s underwhelming. But, I wouldn’t sack him without other guarantees/plans/visions, in place.

Its pointless.

If getting shut of Monk makes you happy - good for you. Monk is symptom of the complete rudderless position of the Club.

He’s irrelevant in the grand scheme. A patsy.

Which is why he was appointed.

I just want to know if I should hold Monk responsible for the results or not

Owlstalk said I should because Monk said it but apparently I shouldn’t because he isn’t responsible.

Very contradictory 

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Centre half, it's where he stands most games!

With Borner injured and Lees in the worst form of his life, this is exactly where he should be. (In contrast to most, I don't reckon a lot to him as a midfielder...)