Monk - The End is Nigh

43 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

This is the most ridiculous accusation ever to be levelled at a football manager, who would you have picked differently in the starting lineup for the Derby game?

It's only the ones who have secretly got a man crush on Hutch and Westwood who are chirping like this.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I don't know where his post was as I pick fessi in every team. I think he missed it because I call him Fessi

I was talking about your post regarding as you called him "the ineffective da Cruz" who you previously had in your best team.

The most annoying type of owlstalk post there is

Title: Monk is leaving

Subject: Does anybody think if we lost the next 2 he might be on dodgy ground?

29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No I didn't I had him on the left he is the one called Fessi but I do agree he was great against City our best player until Monk brought him off after 56 minutes but left the ineffective DaCruz and Bannan on the pitch another master class of tactical genius.

It's always a good idea to leave players who are injured or carrying a knock on the pitch. Why take him off as a precaution when we can be without him for the next month when he does some real damage.

We knew what we were getting when we went for him .....he's  never been successful and neither as he been a disaster.he knows how to manage at this level and given time he might turn us into a club  that can be a comfortable mid table outfit which would be a decent effort with the budget he's  going to have to work with .

Most football club success is built on solid and healthy foundations. The manager of the football team is not the foundations, he is supported by them and provides the finishing touches, often taking much or most of the credit

You see a club do well and it's easy to think, what a great solid manager they have. The manager then goes somewhere else to affect change in results but the foundations just aren't there. 

We could have the best manager in the world right now and we would still struggle to break through to the Premier League. The trouble is we have an owner who has no idea about what good foundations look like and built our house on sand, shed loads of it. 

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

With two games coming up against teams in the Championship Play Off spots the end could well be nigh for Monk.

We will be able to look back on very little of note regarding his time in charge as even before Christmas when he enjoyed the benefits of Steve Bruce's legacy the results were decent but the performances were poor.

Since then at SWFC he has produced:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Counter-productive substitutions

Above all though Monk's personality does not in my view fit Sheffield Wednesday.

Look at our successful managers: Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock.  They all had big personalities.

Monk on the other hand is arrogant, stubborn and I have to say deadly boring.

Big Jack.....lovely guy but quit when he couldn’t get us promoted to the first division

Sgt Wilco...got us promoted but hounded out by fan pressure after a poor run of form in top flight. Went on to be successful at Leeds.

Big Ron....big personality alright and did well, but walked out on us Bruce style.

Paul Sturrock....Hardly a big personality but was one of the best at finding hidden gems. Still had to go after poor run of form.

Truth is none have been successful in the longer term or have particularly good win stats.

We’ve had Carlos, Jos, Bullen, Agnew, Bruce, Bullen again and Monk in a little over two years.

Somebody has to be given time to sort this out rather than letting fan pressure dictate the running of the club.

The reason for our current plight is not the current manager but rests fairly and squarely with lack of strategy and leadership by the owner.

Edited by Blatter
Corrected

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I was talking about your post regarding as you called him "the ineffective da Cruz" who you previously had in your best team.

Cruz was ineffective against Man city but Monk played him as a striker not a winger which was confusing. 

Meanwhile performances, tactics, style of play are terrible and we sit here and take it up the bottom because of "who else would we get", "players fault", "give him the summer" "let him get his own staff in" rounduns. Some much apathy at the moment, no-one can be arsed. 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Cruz was ineffective against Man city but Monk played him as a striker not a winger which was confusing. 

Thought he played as striker for his previous club. But hey, he was left isolated up front against one of the best teams in Europe.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Give

It

A

Rest.

What is really boring and frankly disrespectful  are the comments of some of the posters on here.

There is no point in going over and over and over the same tired old ground that has already been covered in numerous threads.

You know nothing about what is going on behind closed doors at SWFC. Repeat nothing.

We had our chance in 2016 we blew it. We are now paying for that gamble.

Screenshot_20181224-081040__01.thumb.jpg.e08756a44894db006bc8165a2835d437.jpg

His character in the film was Oddball, very apt. 

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

With two games coming up against teams in the Championship Play Off spots the end could well be nigh for Monk.

We will be able to look back on very little of note regarding his time in charge as even before Christmas when he enjoyed the benefits of Steve Bruce's legacy the results were decent but the performances were poor.

Since then at SWFC he has produced:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Counter-productive substitutions

Above all though Monk's personality does not in my view fit Sheffield Wednesday.

Look at our successful managers: Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock.  They all had big personalities.

Monk on the other hand is arrogant, stubborn and I have to say deadly boring.

God I hope your right but I must admit I think he's here to stay.

9 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Most football club success is built on solid and healthy foundations. The manager of the football team is not the foundations, he is supported by them and provides the finishing touches, often taking much or most of the credit

You see a club do well and it's easy to think, what a great solid manager they have. The manager then goes somewhere else to affect change in results but the foundations just aren't there. 

We could have the best manager in the world right now and we would still struggle to break through to the Premier League. The trouble is we have an owner who has no idea about what good foundations look like and built our house on sand, shed loads of it. 

Nail on the head.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

TBF da Cruz has played both as winger and striker for his previous club.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, LittleG said:

There's no atmosphere at all so we can't even claim a toxic one!

Nope, but not chanting or no atmosphere doesnt mean toxic tho, what's toxic is some fans what shut up slaģging the club off from top to bottom and even arguing and turning on their own fans that's what's toxic

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don’t think he will be?

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not convinced DC will be here next season either?

Are you supposed to be telling us or asking us?

Or are you just not sure? :wacko: