Monk - The End is Nigh

With two games coming up against teams in the Championship Play Off spots the end could well be nigh for Monk.

We will be able to look back on very little of note regarding his time in charge as even before Christmas when he enjoyed the benefits of Steve Bruce's legacy the results were decent but the performances were poor.

Since then at SWFC he has produced:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Counter-productive substitutions

Above all though Monk's personality does not in my view fit Sheffield Wednesday.

Look at our successful managers: Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock.  They all had big personalities.

Monk on the other hand is arrogant, stubborn and I have to say deadly boring.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

With two games coming up against teams in the Championship Play Off spots the end could well be nigh for Monk.

We will be able to look back on very little of note regarding his time in charge as even before Christmas when he enjoyed the benefits of Steve Bruce's legacy the results were decent but the performances were poor.

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Above all though Monk's personality does not in my view fit Sheffield Wednesday.

Look at our successful managers: Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock.  They all had big personalities.

Give

It

A

Rest.

What is really boring and frankly disrespectful  are the comments of some of the posters on here.

There is no point in going over and over and over the same tired old ground that has already been covered in numerous threads.

You know nothing about what is going on behind closed doors at SWFC. Repeat nothing.

We had our chance in 2016 we blew it. We are now paying for that gamble.

Screenshot_20181224-081040__01.thumb.jpg.e08756a44894db006bc8165a2835d437.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Bruce legacy? 

He was here 2 minutes then p155ed off

Monk needs replacing but Bruce has nothing to do with it 

The players started well like they did under Carlos, jos, Bruce and now monk but then decided they couldn't be bothered anymore like they've done with everyone else 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

To be honest, I think it's us fans producing the toxic atmosphere based on the bottom two points. Team selection should also cover the topic of bizarre tactics.

Monk may have contributed to the toxic atmosphere, but I don't think for one minute he was the start of it. 

He's not up to the task, but our issues go way further and deeper than him. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Bit like our chairman really

Of course the last manager to get us promoted was the massive personality that was Dave ‘ the builder’ Jones, a man who had the personality and face of someone who was being permanently told his jackpot winning lottery ticket was null and void.

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, torres said:

Started in 12th 

Ended in 12th

Left!!

= Legacy???

We were 17th when Bruce started. Ended up comfortably midtable, organised, difficult to beat and had a chance of the playoffs up until the last few games, would've finished 9th but for a last game blip. With a manager renowned for building promotion winning teams in this league, knew his preferred team and system, and who signed Borner, Iorfa and Harris for a combined £200k.

But yeah, it's so much better under Monk...

• Thanks 1