Monk - The End is Nigh

Monk needs to go utter waste of space. No style or direction of travel or development in any positive way. Happy clappers stop wasting my season ticket money AGAIN trying to hold on to a dud. Unfortunately he has brought nothing and given no sign of anything but negativity.  Negativity with a goal scorer and then with out, free fall. Get rid and this time let's get a football manager with experience  and quality. Spend lots on that instead of crap players.

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Nope, but not chanting or no atmosphere doesnt mean toxic tho, what's toxic is some fans what shut up slaģging the club off from top to bottom and even arguing and turning on their own fans that's what's toxic

A few fans turning on each other doesn't make the atmosphere at Hillsborough toxic, which is a pretty strong way to describe it. It's more "toxic" on this forum.

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

With two games coming up against teams in the Championship Play Off spots the end could well be nigh for Monk.

We will be able to look back on very little of note regarding his time in charge as even before Christmas when he enjoyed the benefits of Steve Bruce's legacy the results were decent but the performances were poor.

Since then at SWFC he has produced:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Counter-productive substitutions

Above all though Monk's personality does not in my view fit Sheffield Wednesday.

Look at our successful managers: Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock.  They all had big personalities.

Monk on the other hand is arrogant, stubborn and I have to say deadly boring.

Think you're outvoted on this one, pal

Hangonrose commented as follows:

Think you're outvoted on this one, pal.

Well unfortuantely I have witnessed most of our last eight home games:

Cardiff City  1-2 lost

Hull City   0-1 lost

Blackburn Rovers  0-5 lost

Millwall  0-0 drew

Reading  0-3 lost

Charlton  1-0 won

Derby County  1-3 lost

Goals for 3, Goals against 14.

These are the facts.

I think Monk knows he is incredibly fortunate to still be Manager of SWFC but he is holding out for his golden goodbye payment.

16 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Bruce the best manager we've had since the Prem. In such a small amount of time he got so much right.

He signed iorfa I'm struggling after that ...the 2 lads he got in loan had no impact,odabajo as been poor,harris and borner are at best adequate .he left the club 3 weeks before the season started and took his backroom staff with him which to me doesnt sound like he did right for the club ......

• Like 1

I do 100 % agree torryowl.

Bruce's conduct was reprehensible and left us completely in a difficult situation just before the season started

However that does not mean that we should lose our objectivity over his relacement Monk.

At risk of repeating myself few managers could survive our last 8 home game results:

Cardiff City  1-2 lost

Hull City   0-1 lost

Blackburn Rovers  0-5 lost

Millwall  0-0 drew

Reading  0-3 lost

Charlton  1-0 won

Derby County  1-3 lost

Goals for 3, Goals against 14

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

He signed iorfa I'm struggling after that ...the 2 lads he got in loan had no impact,odabajo as been poor,harris and borner are at best adequate .he left the club 3 weeks before the season started and took his backroom staff with him which to me doesnt sound like he did right for the club ......

Had our existing side scoring goals, playing decent football and winning games.

Gave confidence to fans that he knew what he was doing from our games and track record

Saw fitness was an issue so got Tony Strudwick in.

Got some decent freebies which isn't his usual market.

2 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Monk needs to go utter waste of space. No style or direction of travel or development in any positive way. Happy clappers stop wasting my season ticket money AGAIN trying to hold on to a dud. Unfortunately he has brought nothing and given no sign of anything but negativity.  Negativity with a goal scorer and then with out, free fall. Get rid and this time let's get a football manager with experience  and quality. Spend lots on that instead of crap players.

Rather get a chairman and board with some experience first

6 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

With two games coming up against teams in the Championship Play Off spots the end could well be nigh for Monk.

We will be able to look back on very little of note regarding his time in charge as even before Christmas when he enjoyed the benefits of Steve Bruce's legacy the results were decent but the performances were poor.

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Above all though Monk's personality does not in my view fit Sheffield Wednesday.

Look at our successful managers: Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron, Paul Sturrock.  They all had big personalities.

F.ookin toxic though  , a word used by prats

6 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Toxic atmosphere

Bizarre team selections

Love it when IDIOTS post

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Had our existing side scoring goals, playing decent football and winning games.

Gave confidence to fans that he knew what he was doing from our games and track record

Saw fitness was an issue so got Tony Strudwick in.

Got some decent freebies which isn't his usual market.

Until the debacle at New York, when he had to give this shower of loser's the hairdryer treatment, after the honeymoon period had worn off.

Even Bruce admitted that it would take 3-4 windows to sort this mess of a squad out.

I hope Monk is given the chance to sort this mess out at least into next season.

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. To keep swapping managers is mindless when the playing and coaching staff are a constant. Give Monk the time and resources he needs to sort it out, judge him after that.