FairPlay we’ve some right silly sausages supporting our club. Anyone dissatisfied or disappointed with that performance must be distraught with how we’ve been playing last two months. 

There was more passion and pride in that performance than all our games post Christmas rolled together. I’m just hopeful the team take more from it than some of our ‘fans’ have. 

I work with a fair few city fans and I was worried about tonight, really worried! I’m proud of keeping champions down to a goal in form we’re in. Christ, on Saturday Derby were 3 up, without breaking a sweat. 

38 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Basically for all those that don’t understand - you can’t score a goal if you don’t attack 

which we didn’t - not even at 1-0 down. 

That option was taken away because of their dominance of the game. You've never played football have you.

Edited by Guitarman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Just wondering why Newport and Oxford can put up more of a fight than we can? 

Looking forward to your response 

Mate you’re just embarrassing yourself now. 

Wigan beat West Brom on the Weekend does that mean Wigan are now the best team in the league? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Mate you’re just embarrassing yourself now. 

Wigan beat West Brom on the Weekend does that mean Wigan are now the best team in the league? 

No

Theres your answer fella

My question is why can Oxford get 18 shots on goal at Man City and we can’t? 

Come on?

40 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

You can’t attack if you don’t have the ball. City dominate the ball against pretty much every team they play against. 

They want you to press them. When Iorfa lost his head and pressed their left back, 2 passes and they nearly scored. 

it’s frustrating at times watching a performance like that but, to a man I though the application was fantastic and, it will be a massive boost going in to the weekend knowing we kept City to just the 1 goal.

Hooray! Top man 0wl.......someone understands this at last.

With 20% possession, we didn't have much opportunity did we.

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

No

Theres your answer fella

Come on?

Who did this lauded Oxford team play in the next round of the cup?

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I totally get that

But go after them at 1-0 

We had the right game plan u til we started losing 

For starters we needed to get the ball off City, didn't you see how quickly they closed us down when we did have it? 

We're a struggling Championship team whilst City are one of if not best team in Europe. 

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Ive seen league one teams go at the Premier league boys and put in more of a performance 

We just whimpered our - not even ten minutes of going for it, nothing, absolutely f*ck all

And some people paid 30 quid for it 

I dont advocate personal abuse of posters.

But if someone told you to fizz off you miserable cheeky monkey I couldn't blame them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's how City play, they dominate possession in most of their games.

For some perspective, our neighbours played them at home a couple of months ago, ended up with the same scoreline as us and only had 4 goal attempts (1 on target) - despite having £30m worth of strikers on the pitch. When they played them away they had no shots in target. And they're in the top half of the PL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So what did fans pay for tonight? 

Even at 1-0 down we’ve not even gone for it for 10 minutes 

Was our game plan to even keep in it to the final minute? Because we can’t even keep any composure to get the ball up front

Dreadful

Sorry if you felt you wasted your money.

I was doubtful about going and taking the lad, another £50, especially since I thought we would be battered.

However I thought we played with commitment and our back four plus keeper put in a very good performance.

I have seen us play far worse v far worse opposition this season.

I suppose we could have lost in the cup 1-0 to any team, that's cup football, but considering recent form we weren't embarrassed. 

I haven't seen the TV version yet but understand from friends watching at home that the pundits were generally positive about us.

It's all about expectation I guess.

UTO

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

No

Theres your answer fella

Come on?

You're seriously going to make a big deal about the statistics from an odd game here and there as if football teams perform the same way every time they turn out? For all I know Oxford's tactics were just to shoot whenever they got within 30 yards of the City goal because they understood chances would be rare. Looks good on paper but isn't worth a whole lot.

At least we didnt get 6 or 7 past us, must admit I was fearing a hammering after recent events.

Not sure Monk got his tactics or subs right but our defending was decent especially Palmer and Iorfa, however, Borner had a shocker, I just dont see what other ppl see in him, Lee is a shadow of his former self and im really getting annoyed how Bannan keeps slating other players during play, its a terrible attitude to have.

Cant wait till this season is over.

35 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

No

Theres your answer fella

Come on?

If that's your question then I also have a question.

Why are you such a fúcking cúnt?

Come on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Willow Owl

Ive seen league one teams go at the Premier league boys and put in more of a performance 

We just whimpered our - not even ten minutes of going for it, nothing, absolutely f*ck all

And some people paid 30 quid for it 

Did you pay £30 ? If not then shut it. It’s fans like you we don’t need 

I thought City were so boring to watch. Pass it back, sap all life out of the game. Yes they controlled the game but they did very little with all that possession. 

It's like Barcelona; brilliant team who win all the time but just very boring to watch. Wednesday might be rubbish half the time but they're rarely boring.

Let's face it.

We set out to avoid an embarrasment

We achieved it

A job done. 

I wish we would have had more belief, more purpose and more bravery but we've just been hammered by Derby, Reading and Blackburn recently and are an incredibly mediocre team in truth.

Very low expectations and a "plucky" (god I'm sick of that word being used around this club) performance was the best we realistically should have expected from this set-up tonight.

But - that doesn't change the fact that simply isnt good enough for a club who have spent the millions we have and who should be therefore gunning for promotion and be at least capable of causing some kind of threat over 90 minutes at home.

It shows just how far we've fallen over the last few years, where 20% possession and a grand total of 1 shot is classed as OK for fans of the club paying to watch this game which really was a 'free shot'.

Guest Maxine
2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

So what did fans pay for tonight? 

Even at 1-0 down we’ve not even gone for it for 10 minutes 

Was our game plan to even keep in it to the final minute? Because we can’t even keep any composure to get the ball up front

Dreadfull

How can you say that, I felt proud tonight. They did good.