The official back Monk thread

No ta. 

Wouldn't solve everything but doesn't excuse the fact that I don't think he's the right man to turn us around long-term. 

Matches just feel like blind leading the blind and you can't take all that blame away from him. 

I can't even see a formation anymore half the time, I just don't really trust him anymore tbh. 

Not in a million years.

The man is inept, stupid and quite probably guilty as charged in regards to the allegations previous clubs have thrown at him.

Also, and this is a big one - I just do not like him, with his smug arrogant face.

Get the turd out of this club ASAP

I'm in.

Getting rid will solve nothing. Anyone with anything about them would not come anywhere near us.

We need a (long overdue) massive clear out of the squad and give a manager time to build their own.

I find it mental that he's not been allowed to being his own backroom staff yet.

Not fence at min soz.

dont like chopping n changing managers all time. Need continuity.

he does need time to sort team inherited n get own players n staff in. 

But do question tactics sometimes. 

Things I can’t understand happen but has been same no matter who manager is...

1) why can’t we take throw ins. No one moves. No one wants ball. When we throw it we launch waist height n expect player to control it while under pressure. Pathetic. 

2) leave at least one out from corners or soon as clear it lose possession n comes straight back. We do this all time. 

3) the stupid thing from ko. Pass back to Lees to launch to left side of pitch to no one. Lose possession again straight away. A

so Lees can’t pass so why let him do it. 

Monk very questionable today why not put a man on Rooney. Left him with acres of space to do as he likes. Played easy simple balls n never broke a sweat. Never challenged. Bannan n Lee not got a tackle in them. Need a Hutch man marking n pissin him off. Only man available to do that kind of job who will put tackle in was Joey but Rooney sat too far back for Joey. 

You just can’t leave arguably best player in league to have a free role. Bad bad management for me that. 

Guest LondonOwl313

It seems like everyone’s in two camps.. 1.  no he’s useless and 2. Things are bad but it’s not his fault as there are a myriad of other issues

Don’t think anyone thinks he’s doing a good job particularly, we’ve won twice in 13 against rubbish teams. Someone else would get more of a tune out of this squad even if they wouldn’t solve everything 

Like I say, I'm backing Monk, for now.

I think a lot of the players need the heat. Think most of us were happy with the starting lineup today after the game on Wednesday.

The thing that worries me is that Monk has said on a few occasions that he's happy with the effort in training and couldn't have expected the poor performance in the match.

Even if they play like messi in training, if they don't do it on the pitch, get them dropped.