The official back Monk thread

7 minutes ago, Nath83 said:

I'm in.

Getting rid will solve nothing. Anyone with anything about them would not come anywhere near us.

We need a (long overdue) massive clear out of the squad and give a manager time to build their own.

I find it mental that he's not been allowed to being his own backroom staff yet.

He must have known he wasn't getting the opportunity to bring in back room staff when he joined and if not he should speak up about it. He has cut his ties with his long-term right hand man anyway and has fallen out with the past 2 or 3 clubs he has been at which doesn't say a great deal for him.

He has signed 3 players on loan last month and despite slating the other players he hasn't found a way of getting the new players into the team regularly which doesn't say a great deal for his choice of loan signings.

He is continually having to make tactical substitutions and change formation at half-time so his pre-game planning and approach is tossed out of the window in 45 minutes all too often.

9 points from a possible 39 since Christmas, the vast majority of those games against sides in poor form and in the bottom half if not the bottom 6. Of those 39 games it is difficult to make a case for us not getting the result we have deserved - other than perhaps the win at Leeds where we were let off the hook in the first half.  

I’m in for the time being
1.  Can’t see anyone better coming

2.  Only been here 6 months and not been able to bring any of his staff with him.

3.  There’s obviously major problems in the dressing room that successive managers haven’t solved.

I do worry about some tactics eg

Not leaving 1 up when defending corners

Today not man marking Rooney

I was against his appointment and haven't really seen anything that fills me with confidence that he could get much out of

a) a team he's recruited, or even 

b) a good Championship team recruited for him

The problem we have now is that we're an even less desirable job for a manager to take on than we were in the summer. I don't know who we could bring in that would be a better replacement.

I really wanted him to succeed and be our Sean Dyche type manager.  But the way the team are performing doesn’t strike me as a manager who is instilling confidence and motivation to players. 

I wouldn’t care if he went as hoping we’ll get someone better in the summer - after a takeover 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

After 30 odd games, I Genuinely believe he doesn’t know what he is doing.

When he arrived, he said it would take time for him to impose what he wanted.

All I can see, is that he has successfully turned a reasonably competitive side into a bunch of Confused jellies [except Fletcher] being asked to give it go....

Literally no-one [except Fletcher] is being played to their strengths...they are, to a man, being made to look like plums.

• Thanks 1

Can someone genuinely explain our tactics and approach today?

I'm not excusing the players performance but we seemed to be playing though an outnumbered midfield. We had four up most of the first half without a  prayer of getting decent ball to them.

It was tactically shambolic.

Yet again.

I think this guy is a charlatan.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Imo we need to limp along until the summer then show the fairies, jessies and can’t be arsed mob the door

Which one are you? As for monk I think he's in the can't be arsed mob

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, striker said:

I dont have a credible replacement I could name, on that basis and for the time being, in.

Just because your knowledge is limited we should stick by him! Go sit next to DC!

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Nath83 said:

I'm in.

Getting rid will solve nothing. Anyone with anything about them would not come anywhere near us.

We need a (long overdue) massive clear out of the squad and give a manager time to build their own.

I find it mental that he's not been allowed to being his own backroom staff yet.

And you would trust Monk to build a team, mental!

I’m in, for definite.

He’s had little support from our owner. Not much of a transfer kitty, no sales, no staff. Yet he’s largely kept that to himself.

He’s a decent manager, we know that. But  you can’t manage unruly situations easily. He needs time, something is broken and it needs fixing.

I’m in for definite until he’s got Hutch and Westy and Rhodes and Winnall out of here.

Then, I’ll judge Monk.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, doubleo said:

I’m in for the time being
1.  Can’t see anyone better coming

2.  Only been here 6 months and not been able to bring any of his staff with him.

3.  There’s obviously major problems in the dressing room that successive managers haven’t solved.

I do worry about some tactics eg

Not leaving 1 up when defending corners

Today not man marking Rooney

How long are you in for? Until we end up going down? What has he done in the time he has been here to convince you to get behind him? His obvious tactical genius and compelling personalith!

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m in, for definite.

He’s had little support from our owner. Not much of a transfer kitty, no sales, no staff. Yet he’s largely kept that to himself.

He’s a decent manager, we know that. But  you can’t manage unruly situations easily. He needs time, something is broken and it needs fixing.

I’m in for definite until he’s got Hutch and Westy and Rhodes and Winnall out of here.

Then, I’ll judge Monk.

So once those 4 are out of the club everything will be fine and dandy? Have you actually watched our performances without those players? Yet you're stating that you will not judge Monk until players who do not feature are shipped out. Bizarre!!

16 minutes ago, sibon said:

He’s a decent manager, we know that.

What does that mean? Trophy winner? Nope. Promotion winner? Nope. Harmony bringer? Doesn’t appear so. Earns respect of his former employers? Apparently not.

So what makes him decent and is decent good enough anyway? 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

So once those 4 are out of the club everything will be fine and dandy? Have you actually watched our performances without those players? Yet you're stating that you will not judge Monk until players who do not feature are shipped out. Bizarre!!

Did you manage to read all of my words?

Or just the ones that you wanted to argue about?

We’ve lost  four managers in roughly the same number of years. Yet the same problems persist.

But, hey, let’s sack another one. That should sort it.

• Haha 1