The official back Monk thread

10 hours ago, sibon said:

Did you manage to read all of my words?

Or just the ones that you wanted to argue about?

We’ve lost  four managers in roughly the same number of years. Yet the same problems persist.

But, hey, let’s sack another one. That should sort it.

Maybe the problem lies higher up. 

9 hours ago, Mishowl said:

And still the clueless clap.

People have laid out their opinions, some have gone to a lot of trouble (and words) to express their reasoning (from both camps). 

My opinion is that his team selection yesterday worries me massively and erodes any confidence in his thinking going forward. An opinion!  I may be wrong, others may be proved right. Who knows?

Your contribution :- "And still the clueless clap".

Sometimes saying nothing at all is hugely preferable.

11 hours ago, LittleG said:

How long are you in for? Until we end up going down? What has he done in the time he has been here to convince you to get behind him? His obvious tactical genius and compelling personalith!

Hey, don’t get me wrong. I am not a happy bunny, by a long way. Some of his selections, line ups and tactics baffle me, and more importantly seem to baffle the players, a bit like Jos, but until we line someone up of the quality of Bruce, Hughton, or Pearson (none of whom will come) I can’t see the point of sacking him at the moment. He’s been here a short time, without his assistants, and inherited a large but inadequate squad. If there’s someone out there who could do a better job, and be willing to come, then I’m all for it.

Guest LittleG
15 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Hey, don’t get me wrong. I am not a happy bunny, by a long way. Some of his selections, line ups and tactics baffle me, and more importantly seem to baffle the players, a bit like Jos, but until we line someone up of the quality of Bruce, Hughton, or Pearson (none of whom will come) I can’t see the point of sacking him at the moment. He’s been here a short time, without his assistants, and inherited a large but inadequate squad. If there’s someone out there who could do a better job, and be willing to come, then I’m all for it.

Good points, perhaps DC has got to stop being stubborn and not just look at unemployed managers.

59 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

But Chansiri, with whom many Wednesday fans are rapidly losing patience, has assured Monk he will remain as manager next season, according to The Sun on Sunday (page 61).

The Sun on Sunday...that explains everything lol 

13 hours ago, LoOn said:

In, needs time to completely clean house and get his squad in. My opinion is there’s too many egos and not enough leaders in the dressing room

There was 2 leaders in the dressing room,but have been bombed out for being louder in there then Monk he'd prob have bombed out Wallace Semedo and Loovens too for having a winning changing room as he knows what one feels like.......When was that then Garry??....UTO....