Fletcher New Deal?

38 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

That's a risk we will have to take

I'm guessing he won't be happy with just a one year deal, he'll be looking for 2 years

In all seriousness, we can't afford that, not unless he takes a massive cut

If we do give in to him, and he gets injured

Well we've been down this road too many times

I like Fletcher, but we could sign two or three premiership youngsters for the same money

It's a no brainer for me, pay cut or thanks for the memories

Not with the money Premier league Youngsters are on nowadays. Then there is probably a loan fee and a percentage of games they must play. Maybe even a formation and position they must stick to.

Remember the premier league club isn't helping us. We are helping them.

Signing Fletcher is a no brainer for me.

Be the worst bit of business we do all summer letting him go.

Edited by pazowl55

Guest Kameron

When will we ever learn?  He’s been a decent signing but he’s nearing the end of his career.  Wish him well and move on.

Edited by Kameron

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

When will we ever learn?  He’s been a decent signing but he’s nearing the end of his career.  Wish him well and move on.

He might be coming to the end of his career but he’s been our best striker for the best part of his time here and this season is his best here yet.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I dropped this line in a finance meeting at work recently.

Think my boss was looking for more actual figures. 

I stand by the maths though.

Just tell them it's Greek economics of the Gods. The battle of Troy was over David Jones' weekly wage, and Achilles was the injury that sidelined him. Back in 2 weeks.

I despair.......one of the higher earners, injury prone, yet people would sign him up...yes he’s been one of the decent performers this season (when fit) but please god no. The clear out includes Fletcher for both football and financial reasons 

Edited by BrucieBonus

9 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

I despair.......one of the higher earners, injury prone, yet people would sign him up...yes he’s been one of the decent performers this season (when fit) but please god no. The clear out includes Fletcher for both football and financial reasons 

It's sad but I tend to agree.. he's probably going to cost too much.

54 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

On what planet are we clearing out Fletcher for footballing reasons.

I know that we can't spend money we haven't got so wages might be an issue but Fletcher is absolute class at our level.

He's a fit, motivated, aggressive 'lad', (at my age they're all lads unfortunately,) and from my experience if you're good enough you're young enough.

As an aside, playing over the hill, old 'has beens' up front didn't do that lot much harm last season (or hasn't this for that matter!)

Was only saying other day he looks more stacked than he’s ever done. 

He was always gangly in his younger days, but looks like he’s hit the gym and has helped his game. Proper menace of a centre forward now, with his physicality and the fact he’s wiling to put himself in where it hurts. 

Was chuffed for him he’s broke his all time season record as well, hopefully he can push on and get 20 before end of season 

22 hours ago, camffiti said:

Signed on a free after we gazumped Norwich offer. So Fletcher is likely one of our higher earners 

He's having a good season, which will not have gone unnoticed by clubs closer to Prem football, than we are atm 

So any talk of pay cuts would be silly ... Would be great if we can get him signed up though 

Wasn’t Fletcher’s wages the reason for FF’s previous flounce?

The thing is Fletcher has never really been anywhere near as prolific as he has been for us these past few seasons, I think the championship is suiting him more and more as time goes on but Fletcher is only one piece of the puzzle if we're gonna go up we need another striker still, for next season I mean obviously

Edited by keepitsteel89

Fletcher's averaging a goal every 140 minutes since Monk arrived and has been directly involved in a third of our league goals this season...yet some want to see the back of him!?

Yes, we need to refresh the squad, but I can't help but feel that some are struggling to see the wood for the trees on this one: we need to get rid of underperforming players who are unlikely to contribute to a successful season, not our only forward who seems to know where the net is and whose presence improves our team no end.

11 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

The thing is Fletcher has never really been anywhere near as prolific as he has been for us these past few seasons, I think the championship is suiting him more and more as time goes on but Fletcher is only one piece of the puzzle if we're gonna go up we need another striker still, for next season I mean obviously

Why are you taking into account what he did from 2009 to 2016 against Ferdinand, Terry, Caragher and Gallas? In his 4 seasons with us he has scored at a very decent rate which is improving rather than deteriorating. 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fletcher's averaging a goal every 140 minutes since Monk arrived and has been directly involved in a third of our league goals this season...yet some want to see the back of him!?

Yes, we need to refresh the squad, but I can't help but feel that some are struggling to see the wood for the trees on this one: we need to get rid of underperforming players who are unlikely to contribute to a successful season, not our only forward who seems to know where the net is and whose presence improves our team no end.

Spot on.

Where’s the sense in keeping the four strikers that hardly play, but get rid of the one striker who is first on every teamsheet?

23 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I want him to stay

But I hope he's taking a pay cut

We've been down this road too many times paying big wages to people coming to the end of their careers

Sign him up yes, but on sensible wages

Don’t think any other clubs that pay ridiculous wages would take him on.. Considering we pay some of the hours highest wages in this division; where else would he want to go?