Fletcher New Deal?

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

And I honestly can't remember Nuhiu ever being injured in the 5 years he's been here.  I'd give Atdhe a new contract purely because he brings something different.  There's nobody out there that I've seen that brings what Atdhe does.  I'm sure he won't be demanding mental wages or a starting place every week. If nothing else he seems like a player that the squad is built around off the field.  Other players love him and he's got a great attitude.

Why give a new contract to a striker, who the majority agree, should never start a match. It's crazy!

West Brom for example could pay higher wages than us - now and next season. 

I think if we can get him to sign for 1 year then we should (and if we’re allowed to). 

He’s the focal point of the team - and would help any new lads coming in too, with his all round play.  

Plus him and Bannan are best buds. 

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

And I honestly can't remember Nuhiu ever being injured in the 5 years he's been here.  I'd give Atdhe a new contract purely because he brings something different.  There's nobody out there that I've seen that brings what Atdhe does.  I'm sure he won't be demanding mental wages or a starting place every week. If nothing else he seems like a player that the squad is built around off the field.  Other players love him and he's got a great attitude.

We want to be signing players who are demanding to start every week.
Signing a player who is happy to be a squad player smacks of a player being complacent to me.

Also the 'Good in the dressing room' reason cuts no ice with me. We are paying a forward to score goals not be involved in banter in training.

Some Wednesday fans are far too sentimental.

• Like 1

It’s a tricky one for me. Will probably be one of the top earners and picks up injuries however when fit he is a quality player. Possibly keep him on a 1 year deal and Fox a 2-3 year deal. The rest need to leave. I just hope even if we do pick up our form that Monk isn’t tempted to keep the majority of the out of contract players. This is our chance to get rid and we need to take that opportunity. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I want him to stay

But I hope he's taking a pay cut

We've been down this road too many times paying big wages to people coming to the end of their careers

Sign him up yes, but on sensible wages

Not many take pay cuts. Not sure how much he's on, estimates vary from £50/60,000 pw, and I can't see him playing for half his current wage, would be too much of a risk. This takes into account of which division we will be in next season and his injury record. As for Nuihu, it's amazing how many fans at away grounds fear this guy, especially as an impact player. So keep. Great call about Woodrow, so if we could unload Fletch and Rhodes it might not be a bad idea to push the boat out and go for him.

Is Fletcher expensive?

Here’s our current strikers over the last two seasons:-

• Fletcher 4444 minutes - 24 goals - £3m wages
  • Forestieri 2131 minutes - 8 goals - £3m wages
  • Nuhiu 2715 minutes - 7 goals - £2m wages
  • Rhodes 499 minutes - 3 goals - £1m wages
  • Winnall 678 minutes - 1 goal - £1.5m wages
  • Wickham 399 minutes - 0 goals - £120k wages

Fletcher 4444 mins @ £675 per minute - 24 goals @ £125k per goal

Rest 6422 mins @ £1183 per minute - 19 goals @ £400k per goal

He’s great value compared to the rest put together.
He’s our best striker by light years.

We fall apart without him.

Of course we should give him a contract. I’m sure it won’t be at a reduced salary either. 

(used these wages - SF 35k, FF35k, AN25k, JR35k, SW20k, CW30k - but if they are out it doesn’t affect the principle significantly)

• Like 1

i just don't get some peoples thinking on this

for me its a no brainer, weve got at best a potential transfer ban coming in for the summer, so i think it makes sense to offer our best striker at 32 years old a new 2 -3 year deal, yes hopefully on reduced terms but i think him and his representatives will understand that.

He could quite easily get 20 goals in a season where hes missed 2 months with injury,

There will be no shortage of takers for him in the summer and it would be so the wednesday way to release a striker after his best season and potentially in the form of his life 

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Is Fletcher expensive?

Here’s our current strikers over the last two seasons:-

• Fletcher 4444 minutes - 24 goals - £3m wages
  • Forestieri 2131 minutes - 8 goals - £3m wages
  • Nuhiu 2715 minutes - 7 goals - £2m wages
  • Rhodes 499 minutes - 3 goals - £1m wages
  • Winnall 678 minutes - 1 goal - £1.5m wages
  • Wickham 399 minutes - 0 goals - £120k wages

Fletcher 4444 mins @ £675 per minute - 24 goals @ £125k per goal

Rest 6422 mins @ £1183 per minute - 19 goals @ £400k per goal

He’s great value compared to the rest put together.
He’s our best striker by light years.

We fall apart without him.

Of course we should give him a contract. I’m sure it won’t be at a reduced salary either.

GIPHY.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Not many take pay cuts. Not sure how much he's on, estimates vary from £50/60,000 pw, and I can't see him playing for half his current wage, would be too much of a risk. This takes into account of which division we will be in next season and his injury record. As for Nuihu, it's amazing how many fans at away grounds fear this guy, especially as an impact player. So keep. Great call about Woodrow, so if we could unload Fletch and Rhodes it might not be a bad idea to push the boat out and go for him.

£60/50grand a week is he the new David Jones??? 

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
17 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Rather have Atdhe than Rhodes and Winnall. There's a few more players I'd be shifting on before Atdhe

Why bring Rhodes and Winnall into it, they have nothing to do with the previous post.  All three need moving on.

I really really like Fletcher. However in the summer he will be 33 and he’s on over 30k a week with a history for injuries in his 4 seasons here.

I would hope the wages on offer are much reduced and we won’t offer anything over a 1 year deal.