Fletcher New Deal?

I want him to stay

But I hope he's taking a pay cut

We've been down this road too many times paying big wages to people coming to the end of their careers

Sign him up yes, but on sensible wages

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

At the beginning of the season it would have been a no from me.

But he's one of the few players we've had recently that's seemed to have aged more like a fine wine than vinegar.

As long as it isn't a massively long contract and he's happy to take a paycut/alter his salary so he has a lower basic packet and higher appearance and performance bonuses, then I'd be delighted. If we can get a deal that works for both us and him, it'll be fantastic.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Out of Hutchinson, FF, Nuhiu, Lee and Fletcher I think we can only keep 1 at the very most.
If decide to offer contracts to more then I am looking forward to more posts on Owlstalk about how unlucky we are again with injures and just wait until we get a few players back.

Why do you think that?

Neither Nuhiu or Lee are on high wages

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Signed on a free after we gazumped Norwich offer. So Fletcher is likely one of our higher earners 

He's having a good season, which will not have gone unnoticed by clubs closer to Prem football, than we are atm 

So any talk of pay cuts would be silly ... Would be great if we can get him signed up though 

It would only be a year so I think two things will determine this:

1. Are we going to change the system when the new players come in? Will we still want a big target man? If so, is Fletcher reliable for a full season? If we are changing the system, would he just take up a place? £20k or so for a bench/impact sub is a lot of money, and can Nuihu do the same job on half this?

2. Irrespective of the FFP case, we need to get back to no more than £13m annual loses. Fletcher knows this and must understand that he would have to reduce his wages, which have contributed to our current position. £20k/week would appear about right, and I would hope we would seriously look at moving Rhodes on, as he looks to be done at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Why do you think that?

Think they is a general consensus that the squad has gone stale and by keeping the majority of players who are out of contract we kicking the can down the road another year.

Nuhiu getting another contract would be a step in the wrong direction.

38 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Why do you think that?

And I honestly can't remember Nuhiu ever being injured in the 5 years he's been here.  I'd give Atdhe a new contract purely because he brings something different.  There's nobody out there that I've seen that brings what Atdhe does.  I'm sure he won't be demanding mental wages or a starting place every week. If nothing else he seems like a player that the squad is built around off the field.  Other players love him and he's got a great attitude.

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...